Aspirin Comparable To DNP As Mitochondrial Uncoupler

DaveFoster

How did it go?
@cantstoppeating
@DaveFoster
and others that tried DNP-like effects from aspirin.
I've had some periods where aspirin induced a comfortable hyperthyroid (or euthyroid) state, but thyroid hormone (T3) has effects more comparable to DNP, as well as higher dosages of caffeine.

Ron J

I've had some periods where aspirin induced a comfortable hyperthyroid (or euthyroid) state, but thyroid hormone (T3) has effects more comparable to DNP, as well as higher dosages of caffeine.
I have NDT(Thiroyd); do you know how many grains for such effects and to minimize muscle loss?

DaveFoster

I have NDT(Thiroyd); do you know how many grains for such effects and to minimize muscle loss?
Dr. Broda Barnes increased the thyroid dosage until the temperature taken under the arm via thermometer (placing it for at least 10 minutes) exceeded no more than 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit while still in bed before rising in the morning.

ddjd

the fear of aspirin GI side effects is unfounded and if GI damage occurs it is likely caused by some other agent.
I really think stomach soreness after taking aspirin is caused by low co2/ high nitric oxide levels in the body.
I've done a few tests over the years. When I lived in Bolivia at very high altitude, I never got stomach soreness once Aspirin after years of having this problem.
Every time I take acetazolamide 2 hours before taking aspirin- no soreness.
I next did extensive bag breathing whilst experiencing soreness from Aspirin and the pain went away.

If anything, getting soreness is a great sign for me that my co2 levels are far too low

Ron J

Dr. Broda Barnes increased the thyroid dosage until the temperature taken under the arm via thermometer (placing it for at least 10 minutes) exceeded no more than 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit while still in bed before rising in the morning.
Very helpful, thanks. I'll start measuring my temperature tomorrow.

vulture

This image is from the study I posted on the effects of aspirin on GI tract. As you can see from the attached image, aspirin increased mitochondrial respiration by 300% while DNP increased it by 400%. However, the authors stated that this concentration of DNP is not safe and in reality most people using DNP likely achieve uncoupling much closer to the one achievable with aspirin. In addition to its effectiveness, aspirin seems to be able to uncouple mitochondria over a much wider concentration range compared to DNP or indomethacin (which also uncouples respiration). This means that one can experiment with lower or higher doses of aspirin as needed, even though most people may end up trying a lower dose due to fear of GI side effects. As shown by the study, the fear of aspirin GI side effects is unfounded and if GI damage occurs it is likely caused by some other agent. Finally, aspirin has nothing close to the side effects observed with DNP.
As discussed several times on the forum, oral doses of aspirin needed to achieve the optimal concentration of 0.5mM (as shown on the image and other studies) are in the range of 1,000mg-1,500mg as a loading first dose, followed by 500mg every 4-6 hours.

Mitochondrial damage: a possible mechanism of the "topical" phase of NSAID induced injury to the rat intestine. - PubMed - NCBI

And another similar study:
Inhibition of cardiac mitochondrial respiration by salicylic acid and acetylsalicylate. - PubMed - NCBI
Does this means you can use high doses of Aspirin (and maybe along with caffein) to lose body fat fast? because that's one of the most evident effects on DNP.
Any data on that? Aspirin for weight loss?

FitnessMike

bump

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals