Advice On Quitting Nicotine?

cyclops

I been vaping for a few months now and think it's doing me more harm then good.

I decided to quit cold turkey and a few hours later I had the WORST stomach pains/cramps. Was totally not expecting that. At first I didn't even put these two together, but after some research I found it is a common withdrawal symptom.

Anyway, the pain is really unbearable, so I went back to vaping. Does anyone have any advice they could offer on ways to get through this? I guess the obvious answer would be to taper or get nicotine gum/patch, but I wanted to see if anyone has any other advice, maybe from experience? I really wanted to just quit cold turkey but that may not be possible.

x-ray peat

for me everytime I tried quitting with the patch or gum I would fall of the wagon soon after. The only thing that worked was going cold turkey. Keep telling yourself that the withdrawal symptoms will eventually fade and you'll never want to smoke/vape again.

As for the stomach issues not sure. Maybe some baking soda in water.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

for me everytime I tried quitting with the patch or gum I would fall of the wagon soon after. The only thing that worked was going cold turkey. Keep telling yourself that the withdrawal symptoms will eventually fade and you'll never want to smoke/vape again.

As for the stomach issues not sure. Maybe some baking soda in water.

Cool. I'm gonna try again. Maybe the stomach pains won't be so extreme this time.

Wolf

He Shou wu. Or selegeline if you're prescribed it.
Helps mimic the maoi b effect of smoke.

Waynish

Ya it increases peristalsis. I tried vaping for a while, but couldn't do it for more than a few days in a row. Just started to feel better not to - and I didn't really need an adjustment period. However, I'm constantly occupied and working throughout the days, and I think to move on from some "drug" or stimulus one must replace it at least for some time (with another, hopefully related, stimulus).

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Ya it increases peristalsis. I tried vaping for a while, but couldn't do it for more than a few days in a row. Just started to feel better not to - and I didn't really need an adjustment period. However, I'm constantly occupied and working throughout the days, and I think to move on from some "drug" or stimulus one must replace it at least for some time (with another, hopefully related, stimulus).

Yea I agree, but I don't know what to replace this with. Maybe I'll just try drinking more coffee.

Waynish

Yea I agree, but I don't know what to replace this with. Maybe I'll just try drinking more coffee.

Controlled breathing, tea, exercise, and lemon juice in the morning and apple cider vinegar at night?

michael94

nicotine stimulate the vagus nerve and helps digestion for many people that may be related to the stomach problems. It is also an anti-bio compound meaning it kills a lot of things ... used as a pesticide albeit in stronger concentrations.

Honestly I dont think nicotine is easily replaced. I went to an AA meeting one time and almost everyone smoked... But it was a younger crowd under 30 mostly. This lady I deliver to swears by nicorette lozenges to quit smoking but thats not useful if you want to ditch nicotine entirely.

Maybe nicotinic acid and nicotinamide have some clues,

OP
cyclops

cyclops

nicotine stimulate the vagus nerve and helps digestion for many people that may be related to the stomach problems. It is also an anti-bio compound meaning it kills a lot of things ... used as a pesticide albeit in stronger concentrations.

Honestly I dont think nicotine is easily replaced. I went to an AA meeting one time and almost everyone smoked... But it was a younger crowd under 30 mostly. This lady I deliver to swears by nicorette lozenges to quit smoking but thats not useful if you want to ditch nicotine entirely.

Maybe nicotinic acid and nicotinamide have some clues,

Think I just gotta do this cold turkey and push through the stomach pain.

X3CyO

I second the B3 supplementation idea and coffee.

Herbie

Replace it with espresso, coffee and maybe Red Bull or something for a about a month then return to normal.

If you switched to the nicotine gum and inhalers and other quit smoking aids containing nicotine, they are so bland not enjoyable and this helps as well.

lampofred

Niacinamide helped a lot when I quit.

lampofred

Sweet! how much were you using?

I smoked cigs to calm myself and focus, so I would just take niacinamide whenever I felt my thoughts starting to race. I didn't have a specific regimen, but it was usually 500 mg capsules 2-3 times a day. If I could have found a lower dose (like 250 mg) and taken that 4-6 times instead, I would've done that. I found that lots of carbs and liver are very important when taking niacinamide because it drops blood sugar and uses up b vits (esp b6) very rapidly

marcar72

Read "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. Smoke even while you read it. I know it sounds hokey, but it's got like a 85-90% success rate.

Last edited:
OP
cyclops

cyclops

Over 48 hours no nicotine! Didn't get stomach pains this time around, more like stomach rumbling...which is ongoing. Anyway the main withdrawal symptom seems to be insane FATIGUE. So tired all the time these past couple days. Hopefully, I get some energy back soon.

Wolf

I smoked cigs to calm myself and focus, so I would just take niacinamide whenever I felt my thoughts starting to race. I didn't have a specific regimen, but it was usually 500 mg capsules 2-3 times a day. If I could have found a lower dose (like 250 mg) and taken that 4-6 times instead, I would've done that. I found that lots of carbs and liver are very important when taking niacinamide because it drops blood sugar and uses up b vits (esp b6) very rapidly
How can you tell it using up your b6 and other vitamins?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals