Quitting Tianeptine And Phenibut

Mulche

I have been using tianeptine and phenibut semi-regularly for a few months now. I never used more than about 500 mg of tianeptine in a day, averaged I'd say 150 - 200 mg each day I used it. I have also never used it more than 7 days in a row.

I think the most phenibut I've taken in a day is 2g. But I did the math and I over the past three months, I have used on average about 625mg of phenibut a day.

I have decided to quit both. I quit tianeptine cold turkey and am doing a rapid taper on phenibut (although I didn't take any on Tuesday). I am having a pretty terrible time. What's weird is that not too long ago, I went cold turkey on both for three days and had no issues.

Monday is the last day I took tianeptine (I also had some phenibut), Tuesday I took nothing but about 10 mg of zolpidem that night. Tuesday actually wasn't that bad. Wednesday I took 500 mg of phenibut in the morning and the afternoon was horrible. However, I've had no physical symptoms other than a racing heart when I have gotten anxiety.

Last time I went cold turkey for a few days and had no symptoms, I knew very little about withdrawals for either drug. This time I read up a lot on it. I wonder if part of my symptoms are anxiety about the withdrawals.

I'm hoping you can give some insight and help me. I am desperate. Thanks.

I have reached out to Greg says and he has helped.

Edit:
I am currently (and have been for a while) taking vitamins A, D, K, and E as well as magnesium, zinc, and calcium. I also take a few drops of pansterone and androsterone a day. I also drink a smoothie with collagen protein every day.

HealingBoy

You may feel opiate withdrawal symptoms when quitting tianeptine ...

CBD and taurine can really help you to quit tianeptine and phenibut, especially for anxiety. CBD activates mu and delta opioid receptors, taurine floods your brain with GABA.
Cascara may help for constipation (I have not tested it).

This is experimental but pregnenolone is a GABA receptor antagonist. It will make you anxious at the beginning but the body will start upregulating your GABA receptors (making you less anxious over time). Let's be honest, it will increase phenibut withdrawal symptoms. If you don't have seizure problems, you can explore that way. It could be used to improve your recovery after the withdrawal symptoms reduced in strength.

I would suggest quitting tianeptine first.

RobertJM

Is there a therapeutic way of using phenibut? Or does the tolerance catch up with you regardless of how sensible you are using it?

Terma

The advice 2 posts above is sane, definitely do not quit both at once, you're supposed to use phenibut to get through the tianeptine withdrawal. If they're in bad enough shape, quitting both at once could probably kill someone. Not sure about pregnenolone but even 200mg progesterone barely even made a dent in my tia withdrawals, it only helped anxiety which is the least of the symptoms (50 things can help that). Phenibut/gabapentin/pregabalin is usually the way to go for an opiate cold turkey. Phenibut is perfectly sustainable if you take it max 2x/week. Other people have had some success quitting using THC/CBD/PEA and kratom. You have options but don't quit both at once. Seriously.

OP
M

Mulche

You may feel opiate withdrawal symptoms when quitting tianeptine ...

CBD and taurine can really help you to quit tianeptine and phenibut, especially for anxiety. CBD activates mu and delta opioid receptors, taurine floods your brain with GABA.
Cascara may help for constipation (I have not tested it).

This is experimental but pregnenolone is a GABA receptor antagonist. It will make you anxious at the beginning but the body will start upregulating your GABA receptors (making you less anxious over time). Let's be honest, it will increase phenibut withdrawal symptoms. If you don't have seizure problems, you can explore that way. It could be used to improve your recovery after the withdrawal symptoms reduced in strength.

I would suggest quitting tianeptine first.

Thanks for the response. I had a couple of people suggest quitting phenibut first before you responded. I have been off phenibut for almost a week now with no withdrawal symptoms. I plan to start tapering my tianeptine use now.

OP
M

Mulche

The advice 2 posts above is sane, definitely do not quit both at once, you're supposed to use phenibut to get through the tianeptine withdrawal. If they're in bad enough shape, quitting both at once could probably kill someone. Not sure about pregnenolone but even 200mg progesterone barely even made a dent in my tia withdrawals, it only helped anxiety which is the least of the symptoms (50 things can help that). Phenibut/gabapentin/pregabalin is usually the way to go for an opiate cold turkey. Phenibut is perfectly sustainable if you take it max 2x/week. Other people have had some success quitting using THC/CBD/PEA and kratom. You have options but don't quit both at once. Seriously.

Thanks. How much tia were you taking per day when you quit?

Terma

Thanks. How much tia were you taking per day when you quit?
I got withdrawals from as little as 50mg tia/day, but that's just me, also much higher. If you stopped the phen successfully, then you can use it for a few days to cold turkey off tia, and then stop phen again. That's what I'd do anyway. Could still be a hard few days, but you'll be fine, the worst is always days 3-4 in cold turkey - try to save the phen for those days. (Probably won't read this again for awhile, good luck)

Last edited:

accelerator

I got withdrawals from as little as 50mg tia/day, but that's just me, also much higher. If you stopped the phen successfully, then you can use it for a few days to cold turkey off tia, and then stop phen again. That's what I'd do anyway. Could still be a hard few days, but you'll be fine, the worst is always days 3-4 in cold turkey - try to save the phen for those days. (Probably won't read this again for awhile, good luck)

Weird. I've taken Tia on and off with no issue ever.
Sometimes don't feel anything from it even higher doses, except for sleepiness.
Just goes to show how everyone is very different in how they respond to things.

What were your withdrawel symptoms?