When Your Body Doesn't Tolerate What It Needs The Most

BearWithMe

I belive half of my health problems stems from lack of sodium and dietary fat. Yet I can't eat neither one, because both are giving me unbearable nausea and stomach pain.

How would you go about such situation? Just embrace the suffering and eat salt and fat, and hope the symptoms will get better over time? Or look for different ways to heal the stomach, and introduce the fat and salt after that? Is there any other option?

Why the body sometimes reject the nutrient it desperately needs?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about sodium bicarb or baths with sodium bicarb and topical fats such as coconut oil or cocoa butter.
Why do you think you believe that your health problems are from a lack of dietary fat? Which different fat sources have you tried?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

What about sodium bicarb or baths with sodium bicarb and topical fats such as coconut oil or cocoa butter.
Why do you think you believe that your health problems are from a lack of dietary fat? Which different fat sources have you tried?
I don't tolerate sodium bicarbonate orally either, but sodium bicarbonate baths sounds like great idea! Does it absorb well transdermally?

I think my health problems stems from fat and sodium deficiency because I'm dehydrated all the time, and most of my health problems are actually symptoms of dehydration. Also, my intake of both was minimal for very, very long time. My mother never used salt when she cooked (like no salt at all, not even a pinch), so it goes back to my childhood.

GAF

Heavily salted popcorn cooked in coconut oil while watching your nightly movie before bed. Limit fluid intake to minimum needed so as not to gag. Tough out a couple days for body to adjust to higher salt. 90% of yours and mine health issues are just simple dehydration. More hydration exacerbates dehydration.

Hey, at worst, salty buttered popcorn is fun to eat watching movies.

lampofred

I would honestly go to the doctor if you are unable to tolerate any salt or fat in the diet at all. That sounds like serotonin syndrome. Do you have any cyproheptadine or vitamin D on hand? How does cold water make you feel?

Vins7

How do you know that you can't eat salt?
I'm in the same point, always pissing trasparent and with a strange feeling of wanting to drink to feel better...

mrchibbs

Heavily salted popcorn cooked in coconut oil while watching your nightly movie before bed. Limit fluid intake to minimum needed so as not to gag. Tough out a couple days for body to adjust to higher salt. 90% of yours and mine health issues are just simple dehydration. More hydration exacerbates dehydration.

I wonder if the popcorn also acts like a good fiber for the intestine since it isn't really digestible.

LUH 3417

I would honestly go to the doctor if you are unable to tolerate any salt or fat in the diet at all. That sounds like serotonin syndrome. Do you have any cyproheptadine or vitamin D on hand? How does cold water make you feel?
How would cold water make you feel if you had serotonin syndrome?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I crave cold water. I would binge drink liters of it (I don't do that but I really want to).
I have a history of SSRI's use. It was a couple of years ago, but I never felt the same since then. SSRI's ruined my libido and my ability to walk normally (it is hard to describe, I can walk but it looks weird) and it never returned to normal. Also, I'm much more irritable and aggresive (irationally) since then.
I have vitamin D on hand.

GutFeeling

Your gut must be messed up.
Cyproheptadine and others 5ht antagonists tend to be good for alleviating SSRIs sexual sides.
Did you tried some serotonin antagonists and dopamine agonists? Both are excellent to stomach and may be useful for gait problems. How are you thiamine and zinc intake?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Your gut must be messed up.
Cyproheptadine and others 5ht antagonists tend to be good for alleviating SSRIs sexual sides.
Did you tried some serotonin antagonists and dopamine agonists? Both are excellent to stomach and may be useful for gait problems. How are you thiamine and zinc intake?
Yes, I think my gut is messed up. I'm scared to try cyproheptadine, because I have super-dry mouth and it cost me a couple of teeth already. Are there any serotonin antagonists or dopamine agonists that doesn't affect salivary glands?

I would love to try them!!

My zinc intake is good (10-15mg daily, mostly from meat and milk). I was supplementing thiamine, but I can't tolerate it anymore, it gives me really bad stomach pain now.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don't tolerate sodium bicarbonate orally either, but sodium bicarbonate baths sounds like great idea! Does it absorb well transdermally?

I think my health problems stems from fat and sodium deficiency because I'm dehydrated all the time, and most of my health problems are actually symptoms of dehydration. Also, my intake of both was minimal for very, very long time. My mother never used salt when she cooked (like no salt at all, not even a pinch), so it goes back to my childhood.
Yes it should absorb just fine.
You can also rather use the B-vitamins topically instead of orally. They're also really well absorbed through the skin.
Thirst (and excess urination) can be driven by high blood sugar and insulin resistance. What does your diet look like?
Activated charcoal is great for lowering gut serotonin. You can combine that with anti-bacterial substances to kill excess gut bacteria.

lampofred

How would cold water make you feel if you had serotonin syndrome?

I think cold lowers serotonin so there should be a noticeable positive difference from mild exposure to cold showers, cold drinking water, cold air if the issue really is due to high serotonin.

mrchibbs

I think cold lowers serotonin so there should be a noticeable positive difference if the issue really is due to high serotonin.

I think it depends on the context. A cold shower can be energizing and raise dopamine if stress is low.
For someone in a state of acute stress it would probably increase serotonin. (I've experienced with it at
various times in my life, and it wasn't always a good idea)

lampofred

I think it depends on the context. A cold shower can be energizing and raise dopamine if stress is low.
For someone in a state of acute stress it would probably increase serotonin. (I've experienced with it at
various times in my life, and it wasn't always a good idea)

Yeah I edited my post and added the qualifier "mild", to a degree I think cold lowers FFA but if overdone can cause stress.

Last edited:

lampofred

I crave cold water. I would binge drink liters of it (I don't do that but I really want to).
I have a history of SSRI's use. It was a couple of years ago, but I never felt the same since then. SSRI's ruined my libido and my ability to walk normally (it is hard to describe, I can walk but it looks weird) and it never returned to normal. Also, I'm much more irritable and aggresive (irationally) since then.

I think sugar, calcium, and vitamin D work together to quiet the pituitary and keep FFA/phosphate/serotonin down. In personal experience you have to work your way up to this slowly but even 30,000/40,000 IU vitamin D daily doesn't seem to have any negative side effects (but that might only be because I've been really deficient in it for a long time).

lampofred

double post

mrchibbs

Yeah I edited my post and added the qualifier "mild", to a degree I think cold lowers FFA but if overdone can cause stress.

I know you understood the nuance, maybe my post was kinda unecessary

Peaterpeater

Although salty buttery popcorn is seriously delicious, I would not use that in your diet. Popcorn, even if non-gmo, can irritate your gut lining so badly that you wish you never ate it. That happens to me every time I eat popcorn....severe endotoxin. I have a sensitive gut that doesn’t tolerate milk, baking soda (orally) and most supplements. Baking soda taken orally somehow switches my metabolism to lactic acid. I know this because I feel like hell and then I almost immediately start growing polyps in my nose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals