Peating made me fat. Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) is reversing it

kimbriel

Peating made me fat as well. My personal belief is that Peating works very well if you're a natural sugar burner or have a mostly healthy metabolism. But if your metabolism is severely dysregulated, it requires more interventional diets to repair your metabolism FIRST and then you can return to Peaty eating for optimal health.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peating made me fat as well. My personal belief is that Peating works very well if you're a natural sugar burner or have a mostly healthy metabolism. But if your metabolism is severely dysregulated, it requires more interventional diets to repair your metabolism FIRST and then you can return to Peaty eating for optimal health.
"Peating" has made many fat and sick. And I disagree. Peating is a very toxic diet and lifestyle. If someone has plenty of liver capacity left to store toxins they will do just fine, until they don't. Everything can look fine while the toxins are being stored away, but once the capacity is reached, look out!

purple pill

Mine should be coming in by tomorrow evening. We’ll see what happens.
interested to see if you have similar effects as ddjd. Was quite disappointed with k2 mk4, swear I noticed my jaw filling out for the first week on it then returned to normal with no other benefits other than less bruising on aspirin.

Dr. B

What aspects of Peating cause the fat gain? What about his articles and claims of sugar, whether table sugar or honey or fruits, being less fattening than starches. What type of foods did you eat day to day while Peating

PopSocket

What aspects of Peating cause the fat gain? What about his articles and claims of sugar, whether table sugar or honey or fruits, being less fattening than starches. What type of foods did you eat day to day while Peating
Too much vitamin A causes obesity and overall slowdown of metabolism. Its not the sugar nor the starches.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

orangebear

which form of k1 did the life extension product have? k1 phylloquinone has completely different effects compared to the synethetic phytonadione k1 which is in most supplements

this is the phylloquinone product i use

View attachment 62162

appreciate your reply but youre kind of missing my point. k2 doesnt have the liver cleansing effects anything like k1 - ive tested both mk4 and mk7, many different brands of both. k1 phylloquinone is WAYYY better
I ordered this same exact product and was surprised to find those tablets are super tiny and take up less than 10% of the volume of the bottle. It just came in. I haven't tried it yet.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I ordered this same exact product and was surprised to find those tablets are super tiny and take up less than 10% of the volume of the bottle. It just came in. I haven't tried it yet.
yes its odd isnt it! so small and fill about 5% of the bottle!

let me know how you get on

Osukhan

Ive used the mitolife K supp before, but will give the solaray version a try to see if i have any noticable effects
i also have been keeping a low vit A diet

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Does anyone have an opinion about K 1 helping dogs as well? I'm thinking
Here is a detailed overview of the study "Role of Vitamin K in Intestinal Health" published in Frontiers in Immunology in February 2022[1]:

## Background
- Vitamin K (VK) is known for its role in blood coagulation and bone metabolism.
- Recent studies suggest VK is also involved in oxidative stress, immune response, inflammation, and cancer progression in various organs and tissues.
- VK has shown protective effects in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and colorectal cancer (CRC).

## Objectives
- Summarize the latest findings on VK actions in the intestine beyond coagulation
- Elucidate the mechanisms by which VK modulates intestinal microbes, exerts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, and improves intestinal function

## Sources of Vitamin K
- Phylloquinone (VK1) from green leafy vegetables
- Menaquinones (VK2) from animal-based and fermented foods
- Menaquinones produced by gut bacteria

## Vitamin K and Gut Microbiota
- VK influences gut microbiota composition and diversity
- Gut bacteria can produce VK, especially long-chain menaquinones
- VK status is associated with higher levels of beneficial bacteria like Bacteroides, Prevotella, Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus, etc.
- VK deficiency is linked to gut dysbiosis

## Anti-Inflammatory and Antioxidant Effects
- VK suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-6, TNF-α
- Increases anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10
- Inhibits NF-κB signaling pathway
- Upregulates antioxidant enzymes like catalase and superoxide dismutase
- Reduces oxidative stress markers

## Intestinal Function and Disease
- VK maintains intestinal barrier function
- Protects against colitis in animal models
- Higher VK intake associated with lower risk of IBD and CRC in humans
- Potential mechanisms include modulating gut microbiota, reducing inflammation and oxidative stress

## Conclusion
This review highlights the multifaceted role of vitamin K in promoting intestinal health through its effects on gut microbiota, inflammation, oxidative stress, and intestinal barrier function. The findings support the potential of vitamin K as a preventive or therapeutic agent for intestinal diseases like IBD and CRC. However, more clinical studies are needed to establish its efficacy and safety in humans.

Citations:
[1] Role of Vitamin K in Intestinal Health https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8769504/
[2] Environmental Stewardship Resource Desk https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/777450d01d92d86f0984c482c68b8e3e07d5b8e7
[3] Evaluation of the safety profile of COVID-19 vaccines: a rapid review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8315897/
[4] Imaging for Prostate Cancer Recurrence. - PubMed - NCBI https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/8d8d1cb739d6352aa91ee2cfde4ad67bd1253a7e
[5] Use of cidofovir in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis Use of cidofovir in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis - PubMed
[6] Indexation: not quite yet. Indexation: not quite yet - PubMed
[7] Editorial https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/801aff550a4652b1c90d2e0c36ca50c4b6aef303
[8] 4CPS-028 Statin overuse? Evaluation of statin initiation for primary prevention during hospitalisation between two neighbouring countries in europe in high-risk patients https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/a138f4760961e88c467d4c673f4af280c4c1c1c4
[9] ФЕНОМЕН БАТЬКІВСЬКОГО ВИГОРАННЯ ЯК ПРЕДМЕТ ПСИХОЛОГІЧНОГО ДОСЛІДЖЕННЯ https://www.semanticscholar.o
rg/paper/6ed5ca578f427ebfda92ef3123b45eadd21b49ff
I haven't gotten through all the studies, but when they are saying VK, is it in the form you are talking about? K1 phylloquinone?

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Does anyone have an opinion about K 1 helping dogs as well? I'm thinking

I haven't gotten through all the studies, but when they are saying VK, is it in the form you are talking about? K1 phylloquinone?
Didn't finish the first part--i'm thinking this would be helpful for intestinal health of our dog since he needs to be on antibiotics long-term.

gabys225

What effects do you notice?
All the pro-T effects from K2, and my vA toxicity symptoms don't bother me as much. Vitamin wise I just take thiamine, niacin, B5, K, and occasional B12 at this point.

K is hard to describe the effects of, other than I feel a general sense of well being that goes away when I am off of it, enough for me to feel "I haven't taken my K1 in a few days". Sorry for being vague.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
All the pro-T effects from K2, and my vA toxicity symptoms don't bother me as much. Vitamin wise I just take thiamine, niacin, B5, K, and occasional B12 at this point.

K is hard to describe the effects of, other than I feel a general sense of well being that goes away when I am off of it, enough for me to feel "I haven't taken my K1 in a few days". Sorry for being vague.
Thank you for responding. Looking forward to trying it out.

Aspekt

I always felt really good soon after taking idealabs K2 topically, it feels like it unifies the fractured mind, calms and eases body load noticably within 30 seconds. The most pronounced effect I can see with it is the ability to quickly halt shivering/shaking, whether from stress/low metabolism or from having a big night out. I think out of any supplement it's the one that my body seems to crave the most. I was born at home and I'm 95% sure I never got a K2 infusion at birth like you're supposed to get, I wonder how that plays in

orangebear

I always felt really good soon after taking idealabs K2 topically, it feels like it unifies the fractured mind, calms and eases body load noticably within 30 seconds. The most pronounced effect I can see with it is the ability to quickly halt shivering/shaking, whether from stress/low metabolism or from having a big night out. I think out of any supplement it's the one that my body seems to crave the most. I was born at home and I'm 95% sure I never got a K2 infusion at birth like you're supposed to get, I wonder how that plays in
I’m pretty sure the shot for newborns is K1

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I’m pretty sure the shot for newborns is K1
100% it's a k1 shot. Although there's some nasty extra ingredients in there just to help a newborn in his first hours of life

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Yes, the shot for newborns is K1.
Its to prevent potential bleeding in the newborn. Since K1 helps with coagulation.

I got my K1 3 days ago. Have been taking 400 mcg a day. My muscles are much better after starting using it, (had my first jog of the year yesterday because of the improvement) but too soon to say if it is from the K1 or general health improvement. I'll report back here when I have used it for a longer time.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Yes, the shot for newborns is K1.
Its to prevent potential bleeding in the newborn. Since K1 helps with coagulation.

I got my K1 3 days ago. Have been taking 400 mcg a day. My muscles are much better after starting using it, (had my first jog of the year yesterday because of the improvement) but too soon to say if it is from the K1 or general health improvement. I'll report back here when I have used it for a longer time.
its definitely the k1. like i said in my original post, it gives you back this desire to do exercise.

also interesting what others have posted about studies showing it raises testosterone

TAG145

Forum Supporter
its definitely the k1. like i said in my original post, it gives you back this desire to do exercise.

also interesting what others have posted about studies showing it raises testosterone
in the studies you posted, was it all K1 specifically in the form of phylloquinone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals