Low Toxin Testimonials "Nonstop progress."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A body full of toxicities suffers from insomnia, impaired REM/non-REM sleep cycles, and requires more sleep overall compared to a healthy individual. The amount of supplements/medications needed by toxic individuals to compensate for this is a whole other story.

Diet is more important than sleep and effort because a proper diet allows you to maximize both. Addressing the toxicities and deficiencies can lead to better sleep and therefore recovery, while it can also lead to better energy levels and muscle glycogen usage, and therefore effort.This is demonstrated in my own progress.

Don’t get me wrong, my diet a couple years ago was absolute ***t. I was a liver-king wannabe, demonstrably vitamin A toxic and suffering from it. My progress was stagnant, and leveling up my bench press by a mere 5lbs in a couple months seemed to me to be a challenge.

I plateau’d HARD.

However I had a great foundation beforehand. I grew up on a farm, so I had access to steak dinners almost daily. It just goes to show that it takes decades of good nutrition to look back and realize how much of a difference it really makes in improving your life.Fast forward to now, 1.5 years into the low vitamin A diet, and i am consistently hitting PR’s in the gym. Literally every week.

Nonstop progress.I’m also doing tons of volume consistently. hitting 15+ sets per muscle group per week by training 5 days a week, eating who knows how many calories, and still feel decently rested despite the daily stressors like work, flourescent lights, activity level, and overall volume. One way I gauge my “maybe I’m overdoing it” scale is my grip strength on things like dumbbell shrugs.Nope, PR’s on that lift every week too.Even though I’ve lifted consistently since middle school, the progress I’ve made in the last 1.5 years is more remarkable than any other period in my training journey.This is the way.

View: https://twitter.com/trainerjensen/status/1752403116308525228

Peater

I've heard of this liver king guy - what exactly is his protocol? He'll make a fascinating case study for the Genereux crew, if nothing else!

Elast1c

Even Ray says that liver should be eaten in relatively small amounts, and never states anything taken is a panace: that some things are generally more leverageable to a large degree. I don't know of a study proving less than the rda of vitamin A improves rem sleep.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Even Ray says that liver should be eaten in relatively small amounts, and never states anything taken is a panace: that some things are generally more leverageable to a large degree. I don't know of a study proving less than the rda of vitamin A improves rem sleep.
Eating any amount of liver is toxic to the body.

FitnessMike

Liver King should be dead by now, thoughts?

The funny thing is that I think liver, especially beef liver is disgusting and I physically can't eat it, it's because of the strong metallic taste. I'm sure some like the taste of the liver thought.

Same with fresh oysters, they are disgusting to me, but my brother eats them and drinks their juice while grabbing onto the next one.

Nick

Liver King should be dead by now, thoughts?

The funny thing is that I think liver, especially beef liver is disgusting and I physically can't eat it, it's because of the strong metallic taste. I'm sure some like the taste of the liver thought.

Same with fresh oysters, they are disgusting to me, but my brother eats them and drinks their juice while grabbing onto the next one.
Liver and oysters both tasted progressively worse and worse for me every year starting after maybe 5 years of eating them consistently. At some point I intuitively stopped eating them before I intellectually figured out why they were a problem, just because I could not stomach them and even the thought of eating them would gross me out.

Nnik

Can someone fill me in? I thought liver and supplementing vitamin A was a cornerstone in Ray Peat’s philosophy. I thought it was important to supplement vitamin A with thyroid and it improves eyesight. Is this not the idea anymore?

FitnessMike

Liver and oysters both tasted progressively worse and worse for me every year starting after maybe 5 years of eating them consistently. At some point I intuitively stopped eating them before I intellectually figured out why they were a problem, just because I could not stomach them and even the thought of eating them would gross me out.
exactly fam, let's listen to our bodies and let's not eat disgusting foods, but bear in mind that disgusting foods may be tasty some other day.
Can someone fill me in? I thought liver and supplementing vitamin A was a cornerstone in Ray Peat’s philosophy. I thought it was important to supplement vitamin A with thyroid and it improves eyesight. Is this not the idea anymore?
as far as I know, the occasional liver is what Ray recommended

InChristAlone

Ray recommended it once a week. This is insane amounts of vitamin A accumulating over time. RDA is actually 300mcg we don't even use that up in a day.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray recommended it once a week. This is insane amounts of vitamin A accumulating over time. RDA is actually 300mcg we don't even use that up in a day.
Rays recommendation is 4 ounces of liver a week which contains 5620mcg of "vitamin A".

Elast1c

Definitely spammed liver for the past 7 years since I learned about Ray and recently gained probably no less than 18 lbs of muscle in coming up on 2 years. If it is bad it doesn't seem immediate. Haven't seen any study showing how reducing vitamin A is helpful and isn't privatebinterest but I also havent looked much.

I always thought ignoring taste was the general thing with things like quinine tonic or niacinamide tasting horrendous. I will admit retinil topically smells abysmal.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
More interesting info from you!

So, what did he do specifically? I couldn't find more info.

Just a low Vitamin A diet??? What does that protocol's structure look like?
He did a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet. This diet makes people stronger, more resilient, more fertile, it brings women out of menopause, one woman just delivered her baby in 10 minutes, it literally fixes everything. You can read about my journey here: Low Toxin Logs - Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

Mr Joe

Definitely spammed liver for the past 7 years since I learned about Ray and recently gained probably no less than 18 lbs of muscle in coming up on 2 years. If it is bad it doesn't seem immediate. Haven't seen any study showing how reducing vitamin A is helpful and isn't privatebinterest but I also havent looked much.

I always thought ignoring taste was the general thing with things like quinine tonic or niacinamide tasting horrendous. I will admit retinil topically smells abysmal.

Thing about the tast argument is always depending on how you want to afirm your dogma :
Liver = Not tasty = "you should listen your body and he is telling you that it's not good for you"
Orange juice = tasty = "you shoulnd't listen your body, it's a demoniac fruits that your body want's but you should stop it"

Sumbody

Soaking beef liver in milk for a couple hours before cooking draws out the iron and makes it taste much better.

The milk turns pink like the look of strawberry milk.

Add breading and batter, then pan fried with butter.

I like liver and onions, but only eat liver as a meal at best 1-3 times a year.

Cant imagine consuming it as frequently as some of the folks claim to have here on the forum.

InChristAlone

Thing about the tast argument is always depending on how you want to afirm your dogma :
Liver = Not tasty = "you should listen your body and he is telling you that it's not good for you"
Orange juice = tasty = "you shoulnd't listen your body, it's a demoniac fruits that your body want's but you should stop it"
It's an interesting thing with sweet things. Every human typically loves sweet things. I actually lost my taste for sugar on the Peat diet. I was doing it to 'lower stress' even though it felt like I was revved up all the time. If you were to sit under an orange tree and just go to town on oranges you wouldn't get that far. It's when we remove the fiber that it's easy to get a lot of sugar all at once without feeling sick to your stomach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals