low stomach acid and low libido issues

LLight

I have no formal proof but:

1 - I have seen is an in vitro study showing that the transcription factor NFAT5 (which could be activated during intermittent dry fasting) could upregulate the CYP11A1 enzyme, the first step of steroidogenesis.

2 - I also make the hypothesis that water restriction could increase the expression of the CYP3A4 enzyme in the liver (found in mice with humanized CYP3A4 IIRC, activated by NFAT5 again) which could increase the production of oxysterols (eg. 4beta-hydroxycholesterol in serum could be a marker of CYP3A4 activity in the liver). These oxysterols are thought to be LXR ligands, another transcription factor that seems to regulate steroidogenesis in the testis. LXR also seems to be involved in water homeostasis in the kidney so I wonder if this fact reinforces the hypothesis.

OP
H

highriderrr

Stomach acid secretion and proper digestion rely on thyroid function. Your T3 should be in the high end of normal, so it might be helpful to take some thyroid directly.
Also, your cortisol is over the high end of normal, which does indicate that your body is still under stress.
Vitamin B1 (and other B-vitamins) and magnesium are the first two that are depleted by stress, so perhaps it will help to supplement those as well. For lowering cortisol, I like to use aspirin.
Combining aspirin, B1 and magnesium can have synergistic benefits. Anti-serotonin stack for more energy and well-being » MENELITE
I thought about thyroid supplementation, but afraid lifetime hormones...

Hans

Forum Supporter
I thought about thyroid supplementation, but afraid lifetime hormones...
It's better to replace them than to be lifelong hypothyroid.
But ultimately, the best is to resolve that problem and only use thyroid short term if at all.

OP
H

highriderrr

It's better to replace them than to be lifelong hypothyroid.
But ultimately, the best is to resolve that problem and only use thyroid short term if at all.
Yes, i try to find cause of this problem, but make much trials and errors, still no answer. I think that from inflammation, but it hard to find cause of low grade inflammation.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes, i try to find cause of this problem, but make much trials and errors, still no answer. I think that from inflammation, but it hard to find cause of low grade inflammation.
That is very true. Have you investigated your environment as a source of inflammation?

OP
H

highriderrr

That is very true. Have you investigated your environment as a source of inflammation?
Think it almost definitely from chronic stress, i notice that last 2-3 years my hairline shadding so much, and blood pressure start increase by hand with low testosterone deficiency symptoms

Hans

Forum Supporter
Think it almost definitely from chronic stress, i notice that last 2-3 my hairline shadding so much, and blood pressure start increase by hand with low testosterone deficiency symptoms
Stress can be a difficult one to get under control sometimes. What are you doing to manage your stress?

OP
H

highriderrr

Stress can be a difficult one to get under control sometimes. What are you doing to manage your stress?
All type of things from meditation to easy jobs)) in psychology level i stressed not ao much now, but high cortisol and adrenaline not decrease.
Today try pregnenolone, maybe this thing will help

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
All type of things from meditation to easy jobs)) in psychology level i stressed not ao much now, but high cortisol and adrenaline not decrease.
Today try pregnenolone, maybe this thing will help
Are you getting enough macros and micros?

Vitamin B1 (and other B-vitamins) and magnesium are the first two that are depleted by stress...

Important information. Thanks, @Hans. Do you know of other micronutrients that get depleted quickly by stress?

Motif

And it really does matter which b1 it is, so average b complex is not a good option?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Important information. Thanks, @Hans. Do you know of other micronutrients that get depleted quickly by stress?
All B's are reduced by stress, but B1, B2, B3 and B5 get depleted the fastest. B1, B2 and B3 are usually low in the diet for most people, making it even more important. When stress causes hypothyroidism, then magnesium and potassium are also rapidly lost.

Hans

Forum Supporter
And it really does matter which b1 it is, so average b complex is not a good option?
It doesn't really matter, unless you have a transporter problem. I like thiamine HCL, but others get good results with sublingual TPP or allithiamine as well. Sulbutiamine is also interesting, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Motif

It doesn't really matter, unless you have a transporter problem. I like thiamine HCL, but others get good results with sublingual TPP or allithiamine as well. Sulbutiamine is also interesting, but I haven't tried that one yet.
Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals