Ideal diet for oral health?

Osukhan

also im a dentist....
a lot of good tips in the thread
best advice brush after every meal and dont snack, i also like to use a xylitol gum

OP
mantq

mantq

also im a dentist....
best advice brush after every meal and dont snack, i also like to use a xylitol gum
I've ordered some xylitol gum last week, will experiment with that! What does your diet look like nowadays?

youngsinatra

HQ animal protein, easily digested starch, calcium citrate or hydroxyapatite, K2-MK4 sublingually, sunlight for vitamin D, dietary vitamin C, swishing mouth after eating.

Osukhan

No way haha, how many NET carbs do you consume on average? In my experience, 150 or below NET carbs are on the low side :?
200g protein, 200g carbs, 90g saturated fats.... approximately but im trying to lean out
i eat two meals a day usually
for reference im 42years old, 225 lbs to 203lbs for 2023

Hey everyone!

What would an ideal diet look like in orther to reminalize and emphasize oral health?

I've been experiencing some tooth decay and gum sensitivity on a 'peaty' diet.

I need a lot of calories (from 4000 to 5000) per day, I feel like sugar wrecks my teeth and am not sure what to do.

How could I fulfil my caloric needs while maintaining and perhaps improving my oral health?

Thanks for any suggestions!
The biggest thing you can do for your teeth is ditch the grains, at least the wheat and oats. They subtract minerals from you body not add. Switch to sprouted grains or eat potatoes for better tooth and bone health. Raw honey is great for gums too and curing gingivitis. Cheeses are good for teeth as well, for several reasons…

“The relationship between nutrition and dental health has been a topic of interest for many years. Recently, the cariostatic properties of cheese have been the subject of intensive research. Most of these studies suggest that the use of cheese as the final food in a meal will help to reduce caries. Several mechanisms by which cheese may reduce enamel demineralization have been proposed. Chewing cheese stimulates saliva flow. The alkaline nature of saliva buffers the acids formed in plaque. There is also an increased rate of sugar clearance due to the diluting action of cheese-stimulated saliva. Research has also suggested that chewing cheese may reduce the levels of cariogenic bacteria.“

“In 2013, a journal called General Dentistry published a study about the effect of cheese on teeth. There were 68 participants in the study. The subjects had to chew cheese, milk, sugar-free yoghurt or paraffin in their mouths for three minutes. The researchers then measured the pH of the subjects’ mouths ten, twenty, and thirty minutes later.

The findings showed that subjects who had chewed cheese had a significant decrease in the acidity of their mouths. In contrast, the subjects who had eaten yoghurt, milk and paraffin had no change in their mouth’s pH level.

These findings suggest that cheese could be good for your teeth. This is because a low acidity level in the mouth helps prevent tooth erosion.”

Snicky

also im a dentist....
I used to chew it a lot and my teeth were perfect but then I ditched it due to the flouride, then found PURE gum, but after being here, thought the gum in the base might not be good so got rid of it. Do you think there are any safe ones? I also used to put it in my homemade toothpaste—should do that again.

Osukhan

I used to chew it a lot and my teeth were perfect but then I ditched it due to the flouride, then found PURE gum, but after being here, thought the gum in the base might not be good so got rid of it. Do you think there are any safe ones? I also used to put it in my homemade toothpaste—should do that again.
im here like you learning about all the bio-hacking/natural ways to fix cavities... they didnt teach us in school you know
i use Pure gum myself, i think its great

Snicky

im here like you learning about all the bio-hacking/natural ways to fix cavities... they didnt teach us in school you know
i use Pure gum myself, i think its great
I’d love to pick your brain about how to handle what to do with old fillings and crowns… I am worried for when it’s time to replace them. What materials are safe?

What’s safe with cleanings?

Osukhan

I’d love to pick your brain about how to handle what to do with old fillings and crowns… I am worried for when it’s time to replace them. What materials are safe?

What’s safe with cleanings?
Cleanings, at home or with a dentist? as in dental cleanings with a hygienist, obvi first place to start especially if you have not been seen in a while, nothing special there, just need to get in there and scrape of the plaque and calculus otherwise gum/periodontal disease will progress

OP
mantq

mantq

The biggest thing you can do for your teeth is ditch the grains, at least the wheat and oats. They subtract minerals from you body not add. Switch to sprouted grains or eat potatoes for better tooth and bone health. Raw honey is great for gums too and curing gingivitis. Cheeses are good for teeth as well, for several reasons…

“The relationship between nutrition and dental health has been a topic of interest for many years. Recently, the cariostatic properties of cheese have been the subject of intensive research. Most of these studies suggest that the use of cheese as the final food in a meal will help to reduce caries. Several mechanisms by which cheese may reduce enamel demineralization have been proposed. Chewing cheese stimulates saliva flow. The alkaline nature of saliva buffers the acids formed in plaque. There is also an increased rate of sugar clearance due to the diluting action of cheese-stimulated saliva. Research has also suggested that chewing cheese may reduce the levels of cariogenic bacteria.“

“In 2013, a journal called General Dentistry published a study about the effect of cheese on teeth. There were 68 participants in the study. The subjects had to chew cheese, milk, sugar-free yoghurt or paraffin in their mouths for three minutes. The researchers then measured the pH of the subjects’ mouths ten, twenty, and thirty minutes later.

The findings showed that subjects who had chewed cheese had a significant decrease in the acidity of their mouths. In contrast, the subjects who had eaten yoghurt, milk and paraffin had no change in their mouth’s pH level.

These findings suggest that cheese could be good for your teeth. This is because a low acidity level in the mouth helps prevent tooth erosion.”

Interesting, thank you for that!

I don't eat grains on a daily basis, perhaps once a week in a single meal at most.

I wonder if curd would work to the same/similar extent when compared to cheese, it is a big part of our culture here and super tasty!

OP
mantq

mantq

200g protein, 200g carbs, 90g saturated fats.... approximately but im trying to lean out
i eat two meals a day usually
for reference im 42years old, 225 lbs to 203lbs for 2023
What foods in particular do you get your carbs from, if you don't mind sharing?

Charais

Chlorine dioxide mouth rinses have been helpful. Pioneer makes 2 part toothpaste and a two part rinse I’ve been using for about a month. Before that I was only using food grade hydrogen peroxide to brush (no commercial toothpaste or rinses) and floss or soft picks. (Dental hygienist for 43 years) Back in the day most periodontal disease was managed quite well with hydrogen peroxide and/or baking soda.

OP
mantq

mantq

Update:

Lowered my sugar intake, tooth sensitivity went away completely in a matter of days. I've noticed this a few times now doing it on and off..

xborg

Advice about brushing is incomplete without a warning to stay away from toothpastes, even the fluoride free ones. They are all glycerine-based and that glycerine forms a very tenacious coating over the enamel. It feels nice and smooth but it also blocks mineral re-absorption from saliva. It's especially bad to use toothpaste before bed as you'll lose a whole night's worth of natural remineralization. Baking soda, salt, charcoal, bentonite, etc. are all good options. I change it up: sometimes charcoal, sometimes oil of oregano with propolis, sometimes clay, sometimes CDS. Often hydrofloss with a little H2O2 added.

Snicky

Advice about brushing is incomplete without a warning to stay away from toothpastes, even the fluoride free ones. They are all glycerine-based and that glycerine forms a very tenacious coating over the enamel. It feels nice and smooth but it also blocks mineral re-absorption from saliva. It's especially bad to use toothpaste before bed as you'll lose a whole night's worth of natural remineralization. Baking soda, salt, charcoal, bentonite, etc. are all good options. I change it up: sometimes charcoal, sometimes oil of oregano with propolis, sometimes clay, sometimes CDS. Often hydrofloss with a little H2O2 added.
I have often used my own w/ calcium and magnesium carbonate powders, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, xylitol and essential oils.

Charais above said she was a dental hygienist and they manage a lot via baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I think that right there tells you that most of commercial products are junk and will keep the dentist busy.

I do think oil pulling with CO first thing in the morning is a huge help and very easy hack to improve oral health and even brighten up your teeth.

Snicky

Chlorine dioxide mouth rinses have been helpful. Pioneer makes 2 part toothpaste and a two part rinse I’ve been using for about a month. Before that I was only using food grade hydrogen peroxide to brush (no commercial toothpaste or rinses) and floss or soft picks. (Dental hygienist for 43 years) Back in the day most periodontal disease was managed quite well with hydrogen peroxide and/or baking soda.
Can I ask how you are ushng the chlorine dioxide? I have a few bottles but am wondering if you are diluting (and with what?) and hoe much you use… thank you.

Pseudoscience. The same muppets are going to show up and say the same boring stuff to "challenge" (lols)my view on this, but there is no science that supports this and IME, it's definitely not been the case as i use a lot of toothpastes with glycerin and i've had confirmation from 3 different dentists and a hygienist that i have all but reversed my risk of periodontitis and no longer have any cavities or fractures. One thing i dislike about glycerin though in some toothpaste formulas is it can cause me to gag, but i just avoid those brands.

You all must get your information from the same place as i literally had to scour search items on the web to find out where this information came from. It was said by one single dentist in the 20th century, and not even a decade later a test was done to prove it wrong.more to the point, it is common knowledge that glycerin is HIGHLY water soluble and quite easily breaks down in cold and warm water, which means it also breaks down in saliva, so why this information still persists today with that thin of a thread to hold it together is baffling

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ouch. This is good to know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals