How The Fluck Can I Get A High Calorie Diet On Ray Peat „guidelines“?and

Motif

Of course you will say now it’s easy cause sugar and dairy, but to me it’s absolutely not.

No Joghurt for example. Best case low fat diet.
When I drink one liter of milk and one liter of fruit juice daily it’s still nothing.

Fruits don’t have a lot calories. No noodles etc.

Most cheese not good with histamine issues and cottage cheese and mozzarella is not something that i can eat tons of Daily.

Two eggs is nothing in calories.
Meat and seafood is not something I can eat tons of.

And i need a lot of calories to gain weight and I want and need to gain some.

Advices?

Nebula

Organic refined wheat or gluten free flour has been a godsend for me to get easily digestible starch calories without endotoxins. I make pancakes and homemade pizzas with coconut oil, milk, and baking powder. I take a digestive enzyme pill when I eat this refined starch and it seems to digest very well.

It might not be a perfect food but it’s low phosphate and antinutrient, while helping me fill up my glycogen for work and exercise.

Of course you will say now it’s easy cause sugar and dairy, but to me it’s absolutely not.

When I drink one liter of milk and one liter of fruit juice daily it’s still nothing.

Most cheese not good with histamine issues and cottage cheese and mozzarella is not something that i can eat tons of Daily.

Advices?

Just eat ice cream and crepes with lots of cream and sugar plus drink like a gallon of full fat milk, you can eat starch or whatever and get more cals to keep it low fat but carbs make you so leannnn

gaze

2 table spoon of butter and 2 of coconut oil is close to 500 calories and that's extremely easy to hit. On your carrot salad add more coconut oil. and when you fry your eggs add more butter. trying to stay on a lowfat diet is worse than not eating enough

shine

I pretty much eat the same stuff daily and just increase or decrease the amount of white rice, depending on if I want to gain or lose weight.

Jessie

High source of calories from natural sugars could be stuff like dried figs, dates, currants, raisins, apricots, and the like. Also agave nectar and raw honey are caloric rich. Mangoes are also fairly high in both calories and fructose. Pears (canned pears are usually ripe) are pretty good too, they make nice for slow cooking until caramelized, yum! You could also blend up a bunch of your favorite fruits and heat the mixture on the stove until it's about 100 degrees, then add some gelatin to it and let it cool. It makes a good homemade jello. I do this with fresh purple grapes a lot, which is a common fruit you can find ripe. If starch isn't an issue, you can eat stuff like white rice and potatoes, both of which is high in calories. Of course there's always dietary fat.

mrchibbs

Easy. Butter. Full fat milk. Ice Cream. One way ticket to F-Town.

It's funny though how quickly we can go from "it's impossible to gain weight" to "it's impossible to lose it" hahaha life is full of surprises.

Hairfedup

I just eat yams [african wild yams not sweet potatoes]. I know something so starchy isn't particularly peat but yams are the goat...no doubt about it imo.

Lollipop2

Beef enchiladas with cheese, sour cream, roasted red bell pepper, tomatillo salsa

Pasture raised Chicken soup with homemade bone broth, organic Jasmine White rice, onions

Homemade bread with Einkorn flour

Einkorn flour Pancakes with vanilla infused maple syrup

Eggs scrambled in butter with cheese and cooked mushrooms, sea salt

Roasted small red potatoes with sea salt and either coconut oil or olive oil

Shrimp sautéed with butter and sea salt

Just for a few ideas - there are lots more!

peateats1

Advices?
I'm so glad you posted this!! In going through the same thing right now. I ended up making some brownies that had 6 eggs, 2 sticks of butter and a bunch of sugar. They're good and high in calories, but still I'm hungry all the time.
I can't do milk or cheese due to histamine also, and can only eat so much ice cream and cottage cheese.

opson123

I eat butter, wheat and some fatty vanilla quark. My gut also lacks lubrication or something and fatty foods slide through easier. Pepsi max after every meal to avoid shortness of breath and gastroparesis.

The only issue with butter is that it's disgusting. Eating it makes me feel fat and disgusted. I could eat 100g of peanut butter in a sitting and not gag, but 20g of butter is just gross. Of course buttery cookies, cake or something would be fine, but those wreck my gut too much.

Last edited:

Angieb

caramel fudge - can of condensed milk, 125g butter and 500 g brown sugar. Nuke for 12 mins in microwave, stirring every 2 minutes. Pair with icecream.

@opson123 - what is pepsi max doing for you? There's no sugar in it, what ingredient is helpful do you think?

opson123

caramel fudge - can of condensed milk, 125g butter and 500 g brown sugar. Nuke for 12 mins in microwave, stirring every 2 minutes. Pair with icecream.

@opson123 - what is pepsi max doing for you? There's no sugar in it, what ingredient is helpful do you think?
My guess is the combination of caffeine and CO2. I've tried fanta and sprite as well, but they didn't help that much and neither did caffeine alone. Normal pepsi and coke bloat me, so pepsi max unfortuntaly is my only option.

Redshine

Same problem here. I can drink a liter of milk, eat fruits and sugar but dont gain weight on that alone. I have to eat starch to get a little softer. I buy bread at the organic store and once in a while at an turkish bakery.

famalalam

Increasing fat intake is the easy option, but clearly not the optimal one. We want to decrease fatty acid oxidation, not increase it. Loading up on starch in addition to the milk/juice/honey/sugar is preferable if you want to gain weight. I'm personally a big fan of potatoes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick' em in a stew. :):

Zigzag

My guess is the combination of caffeine and CO2. I've tried fanta and sprite as well, but they didn't help that much and neither did caffeine alone. Normal pepsi and coke bloat me, so pepsi max unfortuntaly is my only option.
Aren't you afraid of aspartame/sucralose/acesulfame K? There is a research paper on them killing some gut bacteria strains, the good ones.

Last edited:

opson123

Aren't you afraid of aspartame/sucralose/acesulfame K? There is a research paper on them killing some gut bacteria strains, the good ones.
Yeah, I really dislike the ingredients, but without pepsi max or coke zero I just can't eat almost anything. Everything triggers gastroparesis and shortness of breath. I used to eat milk chocolate once a day for a few years and I'd rather not go back to that. Normal sugar pepsi and coke would of course be a lot better than max or zero, but I just bloat way too much from liquid sugars. You win some and you lose some. :D

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals