HOW HARMFUL IS BLUETOOTH?

Logan-

I think Bluetooth should be discussed more in this forum. Bluetooth is everywhere now.

I never use Bluetooth unless I am sending a file through airdrop; but nowadays I have been considering buying and using a hi-fi Bluetooth speaker daily for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. How harmful would this be, in your opinion?

OP
L

Logan-

I know there are some members here who know a lot about radiation, there are even one radiologist and one engineer working in that field, and I think many of us would appreciate if someone who is knowledgeable puts this thing into a perspective.

For instance, one of the most common arguments some people use to defend Bluetooth and WiFi is that “since this is not ionizing radiation, it is not dangerous.”

cs3000

non ionizing creates damage in some studies also. but having good enough intake of vit c (1 or 2 cups oj) vit e (2x - 3x grams of pufa intake as milligrams vit E covers it) and vit a (couple thousand iu) can go a long way for protecting from radiation. both types A Comparative Study on the Life-Saving Radioprotective Effects of Vitamins A, E, C and Over-the-Counter Multivitamins , Vitamin C and Vitamin E Protected B95-8 and Balb/c-3T3 Cells from Apoptosis Induced by Intermittent 50Hz ELF-EMF Radiation

Last edited:

Ismail

I know there are some members here who know a lot about radiation, there are even one radiologist and one engineer working in that field, and I think many of us would appreciate if someone who is knowledgeable puts this thing into a perspective.

For instance, one of the most common arguments some people use to defend Bluetooth and WiFi is that “since this is not ionizing radiation, it is not dangerous.”

Do you specifically know who these forum members are? i.e. the ones that have specialities in radiation etc.? If so, why don't you "at" them in this thread so they are aware and when/if they have the time, they can contribute etc.?

Thanks.

"at" them like this:

@Logan-

OP
L

Logan-

Do you specifically know who these forum members are? i.e. the ones that have specialities in radiation etc.? If so, why don't you "at" them in this thread so they are aware and when/if they have the time, they can contribute etc.?

Thanks.

"at" them like this:

@Logan-
I don’t remember their nicknames, that’s why I couldn’t invite them to this thread.

OP
L

Logan-

non ionizing creates damage in some studies also. but having good enough intake of vit c (1 or 2 cups oj) vit e (2x - 3x grams of pufa intake as milligrams vit E covers it) and vit a (couple thousand iu) can go a long way for protecting from radiation. both types A Comparative Study on the Life-Saving Radioprotective Effects of Vitamins A, E, C and Over-the-Counter Multivitamins , Vitamin C and Vitamin E Protected B95-8 and Balb/c-3T3 Cells from Apoptosis Induced by Intermittent 50Hz ELF-EMF Radiation
Thanks, I will read them.

Nick

The pulse periodicity of bluetooth is similar to that of the heart rhythm, electromagnetic pulses can couple with and interfere with the heart rhythm and this is my experience with being around bluetooth signals, especially when there are multiple sources.

OP
L

Logan-

I am wondering something. There are high quality computer speakers that are capable of creating relatively high res sound. Creative T60 is one of them. It can be plugged to the pc through cables or through Bluetooth. Suppose I plugged it in through the cables, no Bluetooth. Since it gets the energy, does it automatically open (emit) Bluetooth as well, even if it’s not used? This is one of the questions I always wonder and it seems there’s no way of knowing without trying one, or asking someone or the manufacturer to answer that.

Ras

Found them.

@Fiver (radiologist)
@Ras (MRI tech)

@DrJ may also have knowledge on this.
I'm flattered for being called.

My knowledge of non-ionizing radiation is poor, but I've read enough that I consider it harmful.

Persuasive arguments can be made that most inventions are harmful.

Pete Rey

I am wondering something. There are high quality computer speakers that are capable of creating relatively high res sound. Creative T60 is one of them. It can be plugged to the pc through cables or through Bluetooth. Suppose I plugged it in through the cables, no Bluetooth. Since it gets the energy, does it automatically open (emit) Bluetooth as well, even if it’s not used? This is one of the questions I always wonder and it seems there’s no way of knowing without trying one, or asking someone or the manufacturer to answer that.
No way of knowing without testing, but I would bet the answer is almost certainly yes. If a device doesn't have a broadcast button, safe to assume if it's powered it's broadcasting. Though I would only really worry about it if you've already gone to great lengths to eliminate other sources of EMF. Personally I use both wifi and bluetooth, I just wouldn't put any of that stuff on my head or in my ears. If you take an EMF meter around your home/office the worst offenders will probably be the electrical outlets, not UHF devices.

OP
L

Logan-

No way of knowing without testing, but I would bet the answer is almost certainly yes. If a device doesn't have a broadcast button, safe to assume if it's powered it's broadcasting. Though I would only really worry about it if you've already gone to great lengths to eliminate other sources of EMF. Personally I use both wifi and bluetooth, I just wouldn't put any of that stuff on my head or in my ears. If you take an EMF meter around your home/office the worst offenders will probably be the electrical outlets, not UHF devices.
Noted, thank you.

Nick

If you take an EMF meter around your home/office the worst offenders will probably be the electrical outlets, not UHF devices.
I have observed from extensive measurements that bluetooth pulses are stronger than either the EMI radio signal or the low frequency fields from eletrical outlets/wiring, although when it comes to biological effects I am not sure that the comparison of amplitudes is the most relevant metric. This does depend on the level of dirty electricity on the wiring, so it may not be true in every building.

I should have noted in my previous post that I have also noticed that some newer phones and apple watches continue broadcasting a slightly weaker bluetooth beacon even when bluetooth is turned off. This just highlights the importance of having a way to measure EMF for anyone trying to reduce it significantly.

OP
L

Logan-

I have observed from extensive measurements that bluetooth pulses are stronger than either the EMI radio signal or the low frequency fields from eletrical outlets/wiring, although when it comes to biological effects I am not sure that the comparison of amplitudes is the most relevant metric. This does depend on the level of dirty electricity on the wiring, so it may not be true in every building.

I should have noted in my previous post that I have also noticed that some newer phones and apple watches continue broadcasting a slightly weaker bluetooth beacon even when bluetooth is turned off. This just highlights the importance of having a way to measure EMF for anyone trying to reduce it significantly.
That’s interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals