HOW DO I GET RID OF ONEITIS

JamesGatz

Please help me my good sirs,

I am SUFFERING from a bad case of ONEITIS

I dont know what to do, I am LITERALLY IMMUNE to all diseases except for ONEITIS

How do I GET RID OF IT? I HATE IT AND ITS TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE IN MY MIND

Thank you

LadyRae

I dont know what to do, I am LITERALLY IMMUNE to all diseases except for ONEITIS

Thank you
Please describe your problematic symptoms....

catharsis

Hi James,

I am assuming you're a cishet male so I will advise according to that. It's very difficult when a woman we love is not in our life anymore, but that is her choice. She could be going through her own journey and it doesn't have a place for you in it, her own troubles she would like to deal with on her own, or perhaps something occurred between you two that caused a break and separation. In any case, whether she would like to be with you or not is her own decision; you can do your best to have constructive and direct conversations but it's not really a place nor time for "persuading" (if someone doesn't want to be with you or spend time with you, that's their decision and you should respect it.)

You should try to reconnect with your mission and goals in the near and far-future and use that to align your daily tasks and attitude. It's great when we have a partner next to us, supporting our growth, and encouraging new beginnings (but your actions should not be impeded by that lack). Also, I am sure she was a very special woman as we all are special people; but, there are a lot of special people in this world that you are not meeting because you are fixated on someone who doesn't value you and your place in their life.

When we act according to the assumption that people will not like us, it sometimes turns out to be true due to that assumption. In the case of you (assumingly) asking for this person to stay in your life, you are acting beneath what is respectable. Groveling? No thank you.

Go out with your mates and have some G&T's at a local bar or club. It's not really productive long-term but you can meet new people that way and distract yourself briefly. Please don't do what I do (sometimes thank god) and info-dump on seed oils, serotonin poisoning, and caffeine maxxing. Most people don't want to hear that and it's socially repugnant and tactless.

edit: Info-dumping can be attractive but it doesn't make sense in bar/club contexts most of the time. Most people are not super interested in how their SSRI prescription or banana intake are affecting their life while drinking. Lighter topics are better in these contexts. In more serious or comfortable settings, it might be nice to open up to people about our interest in health. Dance with her, don't lecture her (unless if she wants that)

Last edited:

LadyRae

Please describe your problematic symptoms....
Oh I just googled this ... I'm sorry, this must be so frustrating. All I can offer is time and distraction. Maybe that move to that southern locale that I know you're hoping for...

OccamzRazer

Thank you
Greetings good sir!

God is The One.

Any one else is just a bonus.

I do know how it feels. But the truth sets us free...

Normal Human

Thank you
Are you pining after a relationship that hasn't happened or grieving one that's ended without your wanting it to?

michael94

"Oneitis" as a pathology is completely backwards.

Look at the great works of Wagner for example (which are based on even older stories).

Tristan and Isolde, The Flying Dutchman, Parsifal

All center around unrequited love or love that must be fought for "With only Her memory to guide you".

This is nothing other than the path towards True Love. It is Ancient and Archetypal.

schmolch

Invite her to dinner and put a reasonable amount of laxatives into her food. When she runs to the toilet covertly follow her and listen in.

-Luke-

Thank you
Weren't you planning on moving to Mexico weeks ago? What's stopping you? Spatial distance works wonders, seeing other beautiful women, too.

Momma

She ain’t all that. Meaning she’s a flawed human like you and me. Stop romanticizing her. Peat says the remedy is to move on to another pursuit.
And ultimately, this isn’t about her; I’m sure you know that. It’s about a broken piece of you.

Liam311

Thank you
Time and experience, sometimes you just gotta go through it.. (a few times :))

Let it sit there and crack on anyway.

Charlieb91

Go date a woman more attractive and cooler than her. Works every time 😊 #staytoxic

Waynish

Realize it isn't love, she doesn't love you, and keep your awareness under your control or else realize it isn't yours until you do so.

Risingfire

James, go lift weights, read books and meet new girls. I assure you there is a better woman out there for you.

catharsis

"Oneitis" as a pathology is completely backwards.

Look at the great works of Wagner for example (which are based on even older stories).

Tristan and Isolde, The Flying Dutchman, Parsifal

All center around unrequited love or love that must be fought for "With only Her memory to guide you".

This is nothing other than the path towards True Love. It is Ancient and Archetypal.
This is actually a really interesting take. Romantically, I agree with you but it's been problematic to hold this ideal in my case. It's been beneficial for one person in my life towards his current wife. I wonder if anyone else can provide anecdotes to support this?

MCurtone

Understand what oneitis is.

You've simply spent too much time idealizing and fantasizing about this girl, creating scenarios and a life with her, in your head, which is delusional. You've become addicted to the lovey-dovey feelings you give yourself and have brainwashed yourself.

There is also an element of scarcity involved. Get out and meet other women. Go no-contact with your oneitis. Time + distance heals oneitis and your brain chemistry will get back on track.

There is nothing special about any particular girl. There's more around the corner. She's only special because you convinced yourself she is.

Get back on your purpose and be selfish. Also accept that even if you were with her, you will repulse her because your energy will be off due to the oneitis. It's already over, it's done. Be a man and move on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals