Help me come up with a low methionine diet for a loved one with cancer

@GTW promoting autophagy is not always the best idea...if it is a neurodegenerative disease I was advised against it.

GTW

I don't understand what you are suggesting?

There is lots of evidence for inhibiting methionine as a way to slow down cancer and prolong life in general.
I agree. Reducing methionine and other amino acids (from dietary protein) that promote mTOR and cancer.
It seems you can't have cancer fighting suppression of mTOR without some muscle wasting.

all great ideas

add an egg yolk
a few ounces of hard cheese not yogurt or milk (the cheese is much lower in methionine perhaps)
lots of rice, masa harina, maybe potatoes
lots of well cooked veggies
berries and fruit
raw carrot
I don’t understand the white rice since it is poor in nutrients. All cruciferous shuts off the thyroid for a time, but they do have cancer fighting properties so make them count. The broccoli will add valuable vitamin K 1 which is essential for blood clotting, cauliflower not so much. I would also suggest grounding outside everyday. This couple of minutes video is a good visual demonstration as to why..,

Last edited:
Is the subject here a neurodegenerative cancer?
Red herring!
I don’t agree, herring is high in PUFA….

“Herring is considered an oily fish, and a 3-ounce serving contains about 8 grams of fat. However, only about 2 grams of this fat is the less beneficial saturated kind. An additional 3 grams come from monounsaturated fat and approximately 2 grams are polyunsaturated.”

“Conventional white rice can use more than 40 different types of pesticides and herbicides to take care of weeds and insects on a farm. Some of these agents contain toxic chemicals such as piperonyl butoxide, carbaryl, glyphosate, atrazine, and malathion that can be dangerous for human consumption.”

Truth

all great ideas

add an egg yolk
a few ounces of hard cheese not yogurt or milk (the cheese is much lower in methionine perhaps)
lots of rice, masa harina, maybe potatoes
lots of well cooked veggies
berries and fruit
raw carrot
Hi, I suggest spending time only with people who wish her the best, and who make her feel good, who reduce her anxiety,

reduce computer time and/or disable wifi/blublooth

And I suggest being careful if you try to influence her to eat carrots, if she doesn't like raw unseasoned carrots, in my experience it's better she doesn't eat them

OP
ecstatichamster
Hi, I suggest spending time only with people who wish her the best, and who make her feel good, who reduce her anxiety,

reduce computer time and/or disable wifi/blublooth

And I suggest being careful if you try to influence her to eat carrots, if she doesn't like raw unseasoned carrots, in my experience it's better she doesn't eat them
Thank you!

OP
ecstatichamster
there are good studies showing yogurt consumptioin correlates with much better results in cancer patients, in prevention etc.

there are good studies showing yogurt consumptioin correlates with much better results in cancer patients, in prevention etc.
It depends on who you listen to…

“The presence of lactic acid in our tissues is very meaningful, but it is normally treated as only an indicator, rather than as a cause, of biological problems. Its presence in rosacea, arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, neurological diseases and cancer has been recognized, and recently it is being recognized that suppressing it can be curative, after fifty years of denial.” -Ray Peat

“A quick online search of ‘dairy and cancer’ shows a mix of results saying that dairy may cause cancer and that dairy may prevent cancer.

If that leaves you scratching your head, you aren’t alone.

There has been an increase in research on how food impacts cancer prevention, recurrence and survival, says Meroë Morse, M.D., ABOIM, who works with patients in MD Anderson’s Integrative Medicine Center.

“It's a really interesting area of research, but it's also very diverse. We're learning as we go along how much detail we need to get into,” she says.

Here, Morse shares more about dairy’s risks and benefits and explains the link between dairy and cancer.

Dairy may affect cancer types differently

Some studies show that consuming dairy products may lead to increased cancer risk, while other studies show that dairy may promote cancer prevention.

“We have some evidence that shows a stronger correlation with dairy consumption and prostate cancer development,” Morse says.

Morse says one possible reason consuming dairy may increase prostate cancer risk is because dairy increases circulating levels of IGF-1, a hormone known to promote prostate cancer growth.

“Dairy consumption increases insulin growth factor release in the body, and there is a correlation with increased insulin growth factor levels in prostate cancer, so that might be one mechanism,” she says.

Morse says other research shows dairy may help prevent the development of breast and colorectal cancers.

She says these protective benefits could be linked to the high amounts of calcium and vitamin D in dairy.

“We know that keeping vitamin D levels adequate is protective in terms of cancer prevention and survival,” she says.”

StephanF

Forum Supporter
My elder brother developed bladder cancer that was diagnosed in 2015 (if I remember correctly), two years after our mother passed away. I looked up ‘bladder cancer’ in my New German Medicine book (Dr. Geerd Hamer) and the emotional trigger, according to Dr. Hamer, was ‘house, inheritance’. I talked to my elder brother about it and he confirmed the connection: since our mom’s passing, my younger and my elder brothers tried to rent out rooms in the large villa but failed. My elder brother feared that the property had to be sold, on which he lived in an adjacent apartment. Long before that, he had recurring nightmares, that robbers tried to brake into the house or another dream where he saw the house in flames. He also said that ‘I rather die than move out of my apartment, I will never have it as nice as I have it now.’ He was fully aware of the connection with his cancer and also mentioned that ‘the house is killing me.’

Dr. Geerd Hamer found out that cancer is triggered by an emotional trauma, an unexpected shock. According to his theory, we inherited certain ‘survival programs’ that came from the animal kingdom.

A male animal marks its territory with its urine. When it’s territory is threatened, for example by a strong intruder, then the emotion will trigger a ‘brain relays’ that then evokes the growth of a tumor in the bladder to reduce its volume so that the animal has to more frequently mark its territory.

So the central nervous system creates the cancer. Dr. Hamer also stated that if people have a spinal injury that cancer will not occur below that because the connection is broken.

It may sound far fetched but Dr. Hamer has done extensive research on that and the authorities in Germany put him into prison and had him undergo psychological evaluation because of this.

My brother underwent a neo-bladder operation that he did not survive, unfortunately.

Then I think that the ‘Trophoblastic Theory of Cancer’ tied into that. It compares the trophoblast, which is like a cancerous cell growth that attaches the fertilized cell to the uterus, with cancer, a ‘pregnancy’ at the wrong location. During pregnancy, at the 57th day (not sure about the exact time) the pancreas of the mother will start producing the enzyme chymotrypsin, which stops the growth of the trophoblast and digests the tumor. Then a placenta is formed leading to a normal progression in pregnancy.

If the pancreas fails to start producing the chymotrypsin, then the mother will die from the unstoppable growth of the trophoblast.

Dr. Donald Kelley cured his pancreatic cancer by ingesting raw animal pancreas. He also developed a metabolic diet for different metabolic ‘types’.

Now I think that the role of the pancreas is part of Dr. Hamer’s theory of cancer. After the emotional trigger, the central nervous system will shut down the production of the chymotrypsin in order to create the cancer.

So by supplementing chymotrypsin, one could interfere with the central nervous system’s creation of cancer and give the patient more time to resolve the underlying emotional conflict.

The German Wobenzym N has chymotrypsin. But there is an enzyme product that Dr. Kelley started and his son continued for a while. The company is still in business. I think it provides more of the chymotrypsin per $$$. My brother did take the Wobenzym N but I don’t know how much he took and whether he took it regularly.

Wobenzym N can be purchased via Amazon. Here is a link to the product from Dr. Kelley:

And here are links for Dr. Hamer’s German New Medicine:

There may be other websites, too. Here is a link to the Trophoblastic Theory of Cancer:

Last edited:

Healthseeker

I agree. Reducing methionine and other amino acids (from dietary protein) that promote mTOR and cancer.
It seems you can't have cancer fighting suppression of mTOR without some muscle wasting.
My experience with low methionine diet is its a starvation diet. I didnt find it worth it, compared to what total fasting for weeks can do.

GTW

Healthseeker

As a treatment for cancer?
Yes, it is super effective for colon cancer. But, it will treat all cancers. I did 40 days fasting and though it did not cure me, i was in a much better position coming out of it. I have lung cancer. And, Ive heard, (cant confirm) of people curing it with a 2nd fast like the first after a couple month refeed. To me, its one of the sure ways to go about this. Because, you cant simply feed the body and also starve the cancer. Because the cancer is programmed to always eat first.

Runenight201

@StephanF

Fascinating write up. I am very warm to the idea of cancer being heavily influenced by stress/emotional trauma’s

I think there’s no doubt that there’s a physical component, say exposure to excess radiation, that can cause cancer as well

But I can’t help but think that the emotional side shouldn’t be neglected as well.

Even Ray stated that the healthier an organism, the more it can withstand toxic stressors.

Well if stress/emotional trauma is inhibiting proper sleep, parasympathetic functioning, vagal tone, etc… all of this can lower metabolic functioning and lead to all sorts of diseases, which can then exhibit based on genetic and/or environmental predispositions.

There’s no doubt that the food we eat and the environment we’re in is important, but just as important also is our relationship to the world and our ability to be at peace and not in stress as we operate through it.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
@StephanF

Fascinating write up. I am very warm to the idea of cancer being heavily influenced by stress/emotional trauma’s

I think there’s no doubt that there’s a physical component, say exposure to excess radiation, that can cause cancer as well

But I can’t help but think that the emotional side shouldn’t be neglected as well.

Even Ray stated that the healthier an organism, the more it can withstand toxic stressors.

Well if stress/emotional trauma is inhibiting proper sleep, parasympathetic functioning, vagal tone, etc… all of this can lower metabolic functioning and lead to all sorts of diseases, which can then exhibit based on genetic and/or environmental predispositions.

There’s no doubt that the food we eat and the environment we’re in is important, but just as important also is our relationship to the world and our ability to be at peace and not in stress as we operate through it.
Of course, radiation, chemical exposure, Covid shots, etc., all of these things can cause cancer. But I wonder if someone is in an emotionally stressed situation (and who isn't especially since the last four years...), maybe there is already a process in progress and the pancreas is not doing its job and then those other triggers can rapidly drive cancer?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals