Hashimoto's, Low Salivary Cortisol, Muscle Twitches

OP
Elize

Elize

OH gosh Bahaa - it is not your fault at all. This is something I choose to say I live my life with rather than suffer from it. Just look at how much we learn from one another and I know the answer to my problem is out there and when the time is right it will come to me. Salt and magnesium both are excellent for those with high cortisol and a bit of a bummer for those like me who have low cortisol issues coupled with the shakes and hypoglycemia.

OP
Elize

Elize

I have low adrenal function and low cortisol due to thyroid issues.

tara

Take the calcium away from magnesium
I've seen different opinions than this, though I don't know for sure. I usually take Mg and Ca together when I take them. You need Mg to make good use of Ca.

OP
Elize

Elize

Hi Tara - Greetings to all of youMagnesium always has a bad effect on me - would it be different combining the calcium with magnesium - currently I take them separately but due to my bad Magnesium experiences am going to let go of Magnesium for a while. I tried magnesium in different forms for sooooo long and it just makes my adrenal issues worse by the day. Since I have Hashimoto shifting between hypo and hyper am a bit worried about using Tyrosine and things like that. I am 5' 2 and a half inches and my weight is on 104 pounds. I would not like to lower my weight at all.

Bahaa thanks sooooo much for all your advice and help

Stryker I had MRI done and no Parkinson but mine is an adrenal issue. I need more thyroid hormone but my adrenals can not handle that. Am starting with acupuncture to deal with the adrenals and then hopefully in three months can increase my T3 dose. Without T3 my TSH goes up to 47 and with it, it drops to .005 LOL seems as if I am one of the difficult cases eeesh.

OP
Elize

Elize

[ moderator edit: posts moved from TSH Of 2.9? ]

Thyroid health and Peating did not work for me - sugar caused me enormous amount of brain fog, candida and constipation. the Paleo Plus coupled with the blood group diet has made a difference for me. Paleo Plus by Terri Wahls is more plant based diet yet you may include animal protein. After a few months you include all items again if you so wish. I eat gluten, dairy, sugar, grain free bar for Basmati Rice. Beware of supplements too. Magnesium and others could cause havoc to cortisol levels especially for those low in cortisol like me. Sugar caused a severe adrenaline rush for me making me shaky and wobbly. I just did a few days on home made bone broth and the Paleo Plus and taking my thyroid hormone after meals seems to make me less shaky. Yes taking hormones with foods could impact on absorption but after a round of testing if needs be I will just up the NDT or Levoxyl.

Last edited by a moderator:

thegiantess

Thyroid health and Peating did not work for me - sugar caused me enormous amount of brain fog, candida and constipation. the Paleo Plus coupled with the blood group diet has made a difference for me. Paleo Plus by Terri Wahls is more plant based diet yet you may include animal protein. After a few months you include all items again if you so wish. I eat gluten, dairy, sugar, grain free bar for Basmati Rice. Beware of supplements too. Magnesium and others could cause havoc to cortisol levels especially for those low in cortisol like me. Sugar caused a severe adrenaline rush for me making me shaky and wobbly. I just did a few days on home made bone broth and the Paleo Plus and taking my thyroid hormone after meals seems to make me less shaky. Yes taking hormones with foods could impact on absorption but after a round of testing if needs be I will just up the NDT or Levoxyl.
Just curious why you say magnesium causes problems with cortisol levels? Do you have a source for that?

OP
Elize

Elize

Magnesium is good for lowering high cortisol levels and not good for those with low levels of cortisol. because of magnesium’s role in glucose regulation, insulin sensitivity, and its ability to decrease inflammation and anxiety, lower cortisol, improve HDL cholesterol levels, and stimulate protein synthesis, adequate levels are absolutely critical for a lean body. "
( http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Arti...cle/669/MAGNESIUMThe_Anti-Stress_Mineral.aspx )

OP
Elize

Elize

[ moderator edit: posts moved from Salt Encourages Tumor Growth ( Revici Experiments) ]

Greetings from Elize. Thanks for this info. I supplement with Potassium Ionic minerals and see it is potassium chloride. Does it mean I should switch to bicarbonate. I use it due to the fact that I live my life with Hashimoto Thyroid issues. Have muscle twitches and often find that my whole body shakes a lot. Started with the Peat diet to see if it will help me to get rid of the adrenaline I experience after taking my T3 hormone. I have low levels of morning and day cortisol and high at night. Do the adrenal cocktail with orange juice, salt, gelatin, coconut oil and liquid minerals. Thanks for any advice.. Day 5 on a full Peat diet. Never ate sugar or used dairy over the last 10 years.

OP
Elize

Elize

[ moderator edit: posts moved from The Benefits Of Decreased Thyroid Function ]

The Benefits of Decreased Thyroid Function - Selfhacked

Has anyone experienced adverse effects from increased thyroid function/increased metabolism?

Greetings from Elize. I use 75 mcg of Levoxyl and 5 mcg of Compounded slow release T3 per day. I find that I have muscle twitches in both left and right arms. I mostly feel very cold, tight muscles that cause tremors and after taking my thyroid meds have severe adrenaline response making my whole body shake. Started a full Peat diet 5 days ago to see if it will help me.

Mito

Greetings from Elize. I use 75 mcg of Levoxyl and 5 mcg of Compounded slow release T3 per day. I find that I have muscle twitches in both left and right arms. I mostly feel very cold, tight muscles that cause tremors and after taking my thyroid meds have severe adrenaline response making my whole body shake. Started a full Peat diet 5 days ago to see if it will help me.
So you are taking a 15:1 (T4:T3) ratio? Ray thinks estrogen may block the T4 to T3 conversion especially in women. He talks about using a 4:1 to 2:1 ratio of T4:T3.

Richiebogie

Hi @Elize,

The article suggests our bodies have evolved to run on unprocessed plant and animal food. This is higher in potassium bicarbonate and lower in sodium chloride than the highly processed Standard American Diet.

If this theory is correct, then you should feel happier and fitter if you eliminate salt and potassium chloride and ate more fruit and potatoes.

David PS

Hi @Elize,
If this theory is correct, then you should feel happier and fitter if you eliminate salt and potassium chloride and ate more fruit and potatoes.

I second that motion!

tara

Have you tried getting extra magnesium at the same time as you supplement thyroid? If so, did it help?

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks Richie and David am going to stop the potassium, use way less salt and have more potatoes. I seem to do OK with having cream in coffee but milk still seems an issue. Will see what happens when I boil the milk and use it then.

sweetpeat

Have you tried taking your t4 in the evening? Like with your evening meal, or perhaps at bedtime? I've read that this approach works better with the way our bodies naturally make t4 (in the evening and during sleep) and also helps with cortisol production. This is basically how I dose my t4. I used to take it in the morning and a couple of other times during the day. But once I reached around 75mcg I found taking that much in the daytime was making me sleepy. I realized I was blunting my cortisol, which was already low to begin with. I'm still working on finding my optimal dose, but changing the timing of taking t4 has been a great improvement for me.

OP
Elize

Elize

Have you tried taking your t4 in the evening? Like with your evening meal, or perhaps at bedtime? I've read that this approach works better with the way our bodies naturally make t4 (in the evening and during sleep) and also helps with cortisol production. This is basically how I dose my t4. I used to take it in the morning and a couple of other times during the day. But once I reached around 75mcg I found taking that much in the daytime was making me sleepy. I realized I was blunting my cortisol, which was already low to begin with. I'm still working on finding my optimal dose, but changing the timing of taking t4 has been a great improvement for me.

Thanks sooooo much for this advice. Am going to try this and see what happens. Blessings for 2017

OP
Elize

Elize

Have you tried getting extra magnesium at the same time as you supplement thyroid? If so, did it help?
Tara I have not tried taking Magnesium the same time as my thyroid hormone. I understood that Magnesium interacts with all thyroid medication and must be taken at least 4 hours apart from each other. I have tried soooooo many forms of magnesium - all leave me feeling tired, sleepy and very shaky, my temperature drops and I feel extremely cold for up to two days after having magnesium. Blessings for 2017

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals