Fat solubles are alcohols? According to a Dr. Smith

AnonE

This guy, aka Nutrition Detective, has some pretty hardline takes, starting with the controversial "vitamin A is poison". We don't need to discuss that explicitly, but it's also a confusing topic for me.

However, he goes on to say that the A/D/E fat solubles are actually alcohols:
View: https://twitter.com/nutridetect/status/1516876517329932289?lang=ca

...Because they have similar suffixes? I am skeptical, but don't understand the biochemistry enough to judge. What do you guys think?

He also makes the claim, which isn't wrong, that rat poisons are high dose vitamin D. Of course we are not rats and don't consume such relatively high doses; I wonder what other vitamins or minerals in degenerately high doses could kill small rodents.

Are there validity to these claims of fat solubles being dangerous and best avoided? Or is this a diet elimination guru going too far?

aniciete

From what I remember he has high total cholesterol and a high TSH which would indicate he’s hypothyroid. Makes a lot of sense when you consider how sick he looks and his black and white thought process.

OP
A

AnonE

Yes. The fact that people take health advice from someone who looks so unhealthy shows how disjointed their thought processes are.

Well to be fair or play the other side, supposedly he has a good T level (~900), isn't fat, has some decent muscle mass, seems energetic and clear spoken, and is late 40s. I think this is better than the average late 40s male from what I see.

Does anyone have a more scientific refutation to some of his ideas?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
From what I remember he has high total cholesterol and a high TSH which would indicate he’s hypothyroid. Makes a lot of sense when you consider how sick he looks and his black and white thought process.
Smith is looking better and better and looks to be aging backwards. Not sure what you are seeing.

aniciete

4D56F90E-DDF0-4BCE-A292-113E56F57CD4.jpeg

He looks rather ill in my opinion. Just look how dark his under eyes are. Oh wait he’s just detooooooxing. Dr Smith is never wrong!

OP
A

AnonE

Yeah I don't know, hard to say. I don't think he looks bad per se, but not great either.

I find the "I'm in the process of detoxing" line becomes a catch-all to defend any outcome for oneself or their clients. Better results? My method is working. Worse results? Oh it's the initial detox. Worse results for a long time? Oh it takes years of detox. So who knows, heads I'm right, tails you're wrong.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
He looks rather ill in my opinion.
How about an honest evaluation, for science? Pull pictures of him from 2 or 3 years ago, and compare them to the last month or so. It's clear he is improving. His testosterone is around 900, he is lean, muscular and strong. Has great recall, runs his business, takes on new clients while continually expanding. Has many great results with clients. And he is around 80+ weeks of not missing a youtube event he runs every Friday. Whether you know it or not, he actually aligns with Peat on many many things. He does not even realize it, but he does. However I think Peat missed some nuances that Smith was able to latch onto and drive it home.

Oh wait he’s just detooooooxing.
When you experience it, and see that it happens in waves, you will see that it indeed real. And when you come out the other side of a detox event, and feel so much better on the other side, you will respect the detox for what it actually is. Your liver dumping poisons it has been holding onto.

D

Doer

Whether you know it or not, he actually aligns with Peat on many many things. He does not even realize it, but he does. However I think Peat missed some nuances that Smith was able to latch onto and drive it home.
Hey Charlie, could you please provide some examples?

youngsinatra

How about an honest evaluation, for science? Pull pictures of him from 2 or 3 years ago, and compare them to the last month or so. It's clear he is improving. His testosterone is around 900, he is lean, muscular and strong. Has great recall, runs his business, takes on new clients while continually expanding. Has many great results with clients. And he is around 80+ weeks of not missing a youtube event he runs every Friday. Whether you know it or not, he actually aligns with Peat on many many things. He does not even realize it, but he does. However I think Peat missed some nuances that Smith was able to latch onto and drive it home.

When you experience it, and see that it happens in waves, you will see that it indeed real. And when you come out the other side of a detox event, and feel so much better on the other side, you will respect the detox for what it actually is. Your liver dumping poisons it has been holding onto.
+1

OP
A

AnonE

Hmm so nobody has debunked the claim I presented in the OP... about fat solubles having a relationship to alcohols?

Is it true or not? True but not a big deal? Totally false?

Korven

Hmm so nobody has debunked the claim I presented in the OP... about fat solubles having a relationship to alcohols?

Is it true or not? True but not a big deal? Totally false?

Alcohols have a hydroxyl functional group -OH. Vitamin A and E also happen to have a hydroxyl group but that's about where the similarities end. Alcohol and fat solubles don't have the same biological effects in the body. Hope that helps!

Limon9

All the foods ecologically meant to be consumed are toxic, and abortifacent beans are the answer. Give me money.

Nebula

I think his approach is one of several valid strategies, but his rhetoric sure is annoying. Retinol can definitely do damage if very hypothyroid and it’s not being metabolized in my experience. It’s very good to be cautious about it, but I don’t think it’s a toxin in the right context and can have benefits. But it also doesn’t seem absolutely essential either. Guys doing very low vitamin A often show good T levels.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ddjd

Exactly.

Do an honest comparison of what he looked like 3 or 4 years ago till now. The transformation is incredible.
charlie is there a link to the diet/ protocol/ foods he recommends. im certainly going to research it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals