Low Toxin Lifestyle Estrogen and the low toxin approach

Peater

Does Garrett approach estrogen as a potential problematic hormone? I assume if the liver is working efficiently it can more easily deal with it.

One other thought I had is that vitamin A is 'needed' for pregnenolone synthesis, but Ray supplemented pregnenolone (The pictures from one of his books or newsletters show the improvements) but either supplemented A or ate foods high in it. There's a bit of a contradiction there, or I am missing something.

Nick

vitamin A is 'needed' for pregnenolone synthesis
I've become skeptical of all such hypotheses because of all the mistaken ways that research findings can be misinterpreted and even understood totally backwards of reality. For example, it could be that toxic levels of vitamin A in circulation cause the cells to produce pregnenolone to protect themselves from it, which might look the same as vitamin A being "used" to synthesize pregnenolone.

purple pill

I've become skeptical of all such hypotheses because of all the mistaken ways that research findings can be misinterpreted and even understood totally backwards of reality. For example, it could be that toxic levels of vitamin A in circulation cause the cells to produce pregnenolone to protect themselves from it, which might look the same as vitamin A being "used" to synthesize pregnenolone.
:eek daamn, thats really thinking outside the box!

youngsinatra

You need good bile flow to get rid of estrogen.

Each time my bile flow shuts down, I feel and look estrogenic. When I restore bile flow, I look way leaner in my midsection, face etc. even overnight.

OP
P

Peater

Good thinking, and in line with the DHT/baldness "theory" too.

Overton

You need good bile flow to get rid of estrogen.

Each time my bile flow shuts down, I feel and look estrogenic. When I restore bile flow, I look way leaner in my midsection, face etc. even overnight.
How have you lost/restored bile flow, and how did you know when it's working?

youngsinatra

How have you lost/restored bile flow, and how did you know when it's working?
I think I lost it a long time ago, for many many years I had suboptimal bile flow.

I notice my bile flow stops when I ate or took copper, vitamin A, D3, plain riboflavin.

A combination of B vitamins restores it for me. I suspect that it has to do with acetylcholine, methylation, glutathione recycling…

I know bile flow is working when my stool goes from pale-yellowish to dark brown, from loose to wellformed, from floating to sinking, from seeing undigested particles in stool to completely firm and without visible chunks.

Last edited:

Overton

I think I lost it a long time ago, for many many years I had suboptimal bile flow.

I notice my bile flow stops when I ate or took copper, vitamin A, D3, plain riboflavin.

A combination of B vitamins restores it for me. I suspect that it has to do with acetylcholine, methylation, glutathione recycling…

I know bile flow is working when my stool goes from pale-yellowish to dark brown, from loose to wellformed, from floating to sinking, from seeing undigested particles in stool to completely firm and without visible chunks.
This makes sense, thank you - I am playing around with this now, seeming to have undigested fat in stool and often floating. Cutting A and carotenoids now seeing some progress, but ways to go.

I regularly take 100mg niacinamide and occasional benfotiamine, are there particular B vitamin types/forms that helped you?

OP
P

Peater

This makes sense, thank you - I am playing around with this now, seeming to have undigested fat in stool and often floating. Cutting A and carotenoids now seeing some progress, but ways to go.

I regularly take 100mg niacinamide and occasional benfotiamine, are there particular B vitamin types/forms that helped you?

A 400mg capsule of riboflavin really gets things moving for me. I bought them after seeing the "MTHFR" issue could just be deficiency some time back and noticed the improvement.

I think good elimination has to be part of good bile flow, can't have the latter without the former.

I like it because less need to take fibre supplements which are hit or miss for me.

Overton

A 400mg capsule of riboflavin really gets things moving for me. I bought them after seeing the "MTHFR" issue could just be deficiency some time back and noticed the improvement.

I think good elimination has to be part of good bile flow, can't have the latter without the former.

I like it because less need to take fibre supplements which are hit or miss for me.
Interesting, have not focused on riboflavin or the MTHFR topic to this point. Will look into it, thank you.

Definitely agree, elimination is one of the keystone indicators to all these endeavors, as much as temp/pulse.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Interesting, have not focused on riboflavin or the MTHFR topic to this point. Will look into it, thank you.
I would also be interested in learning more on this subject so if you find anything worthwhile it would be great if you would be willing to share possibly by making a thread? :)
Peat didn’t really seem to think much of methylation in general but I have some homozygous variants that seem potentially important.

OP
P

Peater

I would also be interested in learning more on this subject so if you find anything worthwhile it would be great if you would be willing to share possibly by making a thread? :)
Peat didn’t really seem to think much of methylation in general but I have some homozygous variants that seem potentially important.
Hi blosson, I just saw it here and it seemed more hopeful than the "Your genetics are broken" standard message, and easy to try.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Peater, interesting, thank you so much for thinking of me. From my limited research thus far I had come to a similar conclusion and started r-5-p recently. My only real remaining issue that waxes and wanes with no response to anything else I’ve tried is some cracks in my fingernails. I know it sounds petty but it was a sign to me that I was missing some nutrient and no matter how I changed my diet I wasn’t getting enough of something consistently. Thank you again!

OP
P

Peater

@Peater, interesting, thank you so much for thinking of me. From my limited research thus far I had come to a similar conclusion and started r-5-p recently. My only real remaining issue that waxes and wanes with no response to anything else I’ve tried is some cracks in my fingernails. I know it sounds petty but it was a sign to me that I was missing some nutrient and no matter how I changed my diet I wasn’t getting enough of something consistently. Thank you again!
That's no problem blossom. One thing I do think I remember is he said that normal riboflavin is fine, possibly even preferred. I recently bought some R5p but on a purely subjective and initial basis I think I prefer the normal stuff. I'll keep experimenting. I don't take R5P every day, only sporadically and I hadn't taken the big dose of riboflavin for ages. I don't want a repeat of my B6 overload saga but riboflavin seems quite safe.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Peater, I can definitely understand not wanting to over do it! Thanks for letting me know that plain b2 should be fine. If I decide to stay on it after this bottle I’ll give it a try. I must say my nails have already improved some in just 8 days on it. Ideally I’d prefer to get enough from food if possible of course. Here’s my methylation panel if you (or anyone here) has any insight.
9AE3E476-9918-41E3-8899-BCB7584D88FC.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals