CHELATING HEAVY METALS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The use of unleaded gasoline increased into the 1990s, and there was a corresponding decrease in tissue lead content, reflecting the smaller amount of lead being put into the environment.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“For about 50 years, it has been known that blood transfusions damage immunity, and excess iron has been suspected to be one of the causes for this. People who regularly donate blood, on the other hand, have often been found to be healthier than non-donors, and healthier than they were before they began donating.” -Ray Peat

Dave Clark

“For about 50 years, it has been known that blood transfusions damage immunity, and excess iron has been suspected to be one of the causes for this. People who regularly donate blood, on the other hand, have often been found to be healthier than non-donors, and healthier than they were before they began donating.” -Ray Peat
Wondering whether Ray took his own advice on this one. I personally use IP-6, since there is a study showing release of free iron after blood donation, plus IP-6 is way more convenient.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wondering whether Ray took his own advice on this one. I personally use IP-6, since there is a study showing release of free iron after blood donation, plus IP-6 is way more convenient.
He probably didn’t need to donate blood, since he didn’t eat much red meat, and when he did have meat or chocolate he drank coffee to block the absorption of the iron.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Q: Can cooking in an iron frying pan put iron into food?

“Yes, especially if the food is acidic, as many sauces are. The added iron will destroy vitamins in the food, besides being potentially toxic in itself.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Q: What kind of cooking pots or utensils are safe?

Glass utensils are safe, and certain kinds of stainless steel are safe, because their iron is relatively insoluble. Teflon-coated pans are safe unless they are chipped.

Q: How do I know which stainless steels are safe?

There are two main types of stainless steel, magnetic and nonmagnetic. The nonmagnetic form has a very high nickel content, and nickel is allergenic and carcinogenic. It is much more toxic than iron or aluminum. You can use a little "refrigerator magnet" to test your pans. The magnet will stick firmly to the safer type of pan.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Shooting lead bullets at firing ranges results in elevated BLLs at concentrations that are associated with a variety of adverse health outcomes and the topic of health risk is an ongoing topic of study. Of major concern is the number of women and children among recreational shooters, who are not afforded similar health protections as occupational users of firing ranges.”

Dave Clark

“Shooting lead bullets at firing ranges results in elevated BLLs at concentrations that are associated with a variety of adverse health outcomes and the topic of health risk is an ongoing topic of study. Of major concern is the number of women and children among recreational shooters, who are not afforded similar health protections as occupational users of firing ranges.”

I personally knew a guy who came down with a bunch of health conditions, and doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him. Finally, he went to an intuitive doctor who asked him about what he does for a living, and recreationally. When he told the doc he went to the gun range and did a lot of shooting, the doc ordered tests and found out his lead was off the chart, apparently breathing it in every time it aerosolizes upon firing the bullet. He switched to non- lead bullets, did some chelation, and was back to normal.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I personally knew a guy who came down with a bunch of health conditions, and doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him. Finally, he went to an intuitive doctor who asked him about what he does for a living, and recreationally. When he told the doc he went to the gun range and did a lot of shooting, the doc ordered tests and found out his lead was off the chart, apparently breathing it in every time it aerosolizes upon firing the bullet. He switched to non- lead bullets, did some chelation, and was back to normal.
I have been to the shooting range 4 times in the last six months, and am glad to know this. I thought I was going to have to give up going or wear a mask next time, but now that you said this I am going to look for non-lead bullets too.

cs3000

“Besides nicotine, e-cigarettes can contain harmful and potentially harmful ingredients, including:
*ultrafine particles that can be inhaled deep into the lungs.
*flavorants such as diacetyl, a chemical linked to serious lung disease.
*volatile organic compounds.
*heavy metals, such as nickel, tin, and lead.

I watched a interesting youtube documentary about a man who hasnt slept more than 1 or 2 hours a night max, in 60 years

he might have had ptsd from the vietnam war. but it turns out he was smoking like 60 cigarettes a day. aside from the stimulation i bet his lead levels are through the roof & one of the main causes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDx1JvPEtxs

For toxic metals protection I think a combo of:
500mg vit C (too much may be serotonergic in gram amounts. but 500mg is proven protection against toxic metals) , (plus you get the added bonus of Vit C inhibiting conversion of nitrates into nitrites - which is high in drinking water , and nitrites are cancerous when combined with amines in certain foods in stomach at the same time, they recirculate through saliva. vit c converts nitrate into nitric oxide instead of nitrite, so bonus there)
+ 125mg taurine (if 500mg isn't tolerated this dose still has a significant effect which takes 7 days to hit fully),
+ hesperidin at 400mg - 500mg , if not then 150mg should have a good effect still

^These should give good sufficient protection against the majority of toxic metal effects going by studies

and adding +10mg zinc picollinate, and replenishing copper that's probably being lost,
ray peat mentioned copper depletion from heavy metal toxicity being responsible for increased aging & decreased mitochondria respiration & to replace through food

and adding iron as mostly heme iron if needed due to blood counts dropping (restoring red blood cells & saturating the metal transporter to prevent re-absorption of toxic metals).

Assuming damaged red blood cells & white blood cells need to renew, to gain the benefits of the new protection, it should take up to 120 days to see full renewal for full effect of the protection

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I watched a interesting youtube documentary about a man who hasnt slept more than 1 or 2 hours a night max, in 60 years

he might have had ptsd from the vietnam war. but it turns out he was smoking like 60 cigarettes a day. aside from the stimulation i bet his lead levels are through the roof & one of the main causes

What is the premise of this documentary, to say lead is ok, cigarettes can have benefits, and how does it tie into the sleep factor? It is a long documentary, but I watch stuff if it is helpful or informative to me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wonder after reading this Ray Peat statement below if egg whites carry copper out of the body?….

“Obviously, certain proteins have higher than average affinity for copper, iron, and calcium. For example, egg-white's unusual behavior with copper can be seen if you make a meringue in a copper pan--the froth is unusually firm. My guess is that copper atoms bind the protein molecules into relatively elastic systems. In many systems, calcium forms the link between adhesive proteins.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Histidine supplementation has been shown to affect circulating zinc concentrations via altering absorption, urinary excretion, and/or metabolism of zinc. Histidine is a chelator of zinc, which may explain increased intestinal absorption of zinc during histidine supplementation in rats (34). In humans, at a dose of 4 g histidine/d for 2 wk, serum or urinary zinc concentrations were not altered (25).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Low arsenic, cadium, and lead, high aluminum: avoiding oral supplements is paramount. My previous results were high in all these three. By taking close to zero supplements orally, I was able to bring the results back down. Aluminum remains slightly elevated. I am doing to be more methodic with my Fiji water intake, and will also try to sweat it out. Still haven't identified the source of the aluminum in my environment. Perhaps this is all from a previous exposure such as a vaccine.”

David PS

richofden

Forum Supporter
"Candida protects the body from heavy metal toxicity. Candida surrounds metals in the body, encompassing them, in an effort to protect the body from foreign metals. If heavy metal toxicity remains present in the body the Candida will not leave. “Overgrowth of Candida is often due to heavy metal toxicity (such as mercury gradually leaching from silver fillings). Swiss research shows that Candida actually helps protect the body against heavy metal toxicity. Rather than trying to ‘kill’ the Candida, the best therapy is to clear the heavy metals and toxic dental work (all metals) so the Candida can return to normal levels in the body,” says pH Pure. This belief is not accepted by all practitioners."

One of the things I learned from the start on my journey into biochemistry, way before peating... heavy metals detox before candida detox, and I´m also back to Cilantro + Chlorella (btw.. thx for the info on the Sun brand). Cilantro in daytime, unless it´s a sprout (time neutral), not shoot but sprout, and chlorella at night, since it´s an algae. They support each other, each having their own mechanism.

Peachy

"Candida protects the body from heavy metal toxicity. Candida surrounds metals in the body, encompassing them, in an effort to protect the body from foreign metals. If heavy metal toxicity remains present in the body the Candida will not leave. “Overgrowth of Candida is often due to heavy metal toxicity (such as mercury gradually leaching from silver fillings). Swiss research shows that Candida actually helps protect the body against heavy metal toxicity. Rather than trying to ‘kill’ the Candida, the best therapy is to clear the heavy metals and toxic dental work (all metals) so the Candida can return to normal levels in the body,” says pH Pure. This belief is not accepted by all practitioners."

Really interesting! I love that every action the body takes is protective or aimed at healing, even when it doesn't seem that way at first glance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals