Bromocriptine causes extrem tiredness, fatigue (pituitary gland

Barbarossa

Can some one explain to me why Bromocriptine 2,5mg a day causes extreme tiredness, fatigue low heart rate like 63-70 bpm (normally I have 85)?

I took it for 9 days because I have high ACTH 228 (not diagnosed Cushings Disease but very high probability that I have it) and high cortisol serum and urine!!
But Can’t take it anymore because of the side effects.

I think that Dopamine in the brain could lower Noradrenaline activity or so in the brain.

David PS

Can some one explain to me why Bromocriptine 2,5mg a day causes extreme tiredness, fatigue low heart rate like 63-70 bpm (normally I have 85)?

I took it for 9 days because I have high ACTH 228 (not diagnosed Cushings Disease but very high probability that I have it) and high cortisol serum and urine!!
But Can’t take it anymore because of the side effects.

I think that Dopamine in the brain could lower Noradrenaline activity or so in the brain.

Consider checking your blood pressure. Low blood pressure is a known side effect and it may partially explain your issues.

Sounds like low blood sugar to me. If you wear a CGM you can determine what is happening or use a cheap diabetes finger stick test. Anything that lowers cortisol is going to lower blood sugar and make you feel tired.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Sounds like low blood sugar to me. If you wear a CGM you can determine what is happening or use a cheap diabetes finger stick test. Anything that lowers cortisol is going to lower blood sugar and make you feel tired.
I have also lower heart rate, if cortisol is low why is my heart rate also low, it must be higher isnt it so?

I felt the same; I also just started taking it, and I get 'low estrogen/ cortisol' symptoms (like weak joints, feeling tired). But it also had very dopaminergic effects. The best way I can describe it, is that you become mentally a way happier, confident and sexual person. But without any energy boost, that comes with this personality. very strange, but a good feeling, I don't like to become too energetic.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

I don’t really think so. Many men have very high cortisol and a very low hear
I felt the same; I also just started taking it, and I get 'low estrogen/ cortisol' symptoms (like weak joints, feeling tired). But it also had very dopaminergic effects. The best way I can describe it, is that you become mentally a way happier, confident and sexual person. But without any energy boost, that comes with this personality. very strange, but a good feeling, I don't like to become too energetic.
How much did you take? for how long

how is your heart rate ? I discontinued it 7 days ago and my resting pulse is lower than normal!
I haven't measured it. Heart rate can be caused by many things. I think monitoring weight changes, heart rate, temps and you feel, will give a better status of health status. Just my two cents, I hope your issues resolve.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals