Absolutely Horrible Lab Numbers !

Frankdee20

The one I am dissatisfied with the most is of course the Total Testosterone. Last few readings have remained in the upper 400’s.

I am 39, 6 foot 3, 227 pounds, good BP. 4 year history of elevated Triglycerides.

I took this test at about 11 in the morning and only had coffee, fruit, milk sugar. Perhaps Testosterone should be drawn earlier as possible, due to fluctuations during the day.

Another variable is the night before drank about a pint of Vodka. Perhaps I should retest earlier in the day, and after a week of no alcohol.

The Total T was a miserable 291 (250-875)
Free Testosterone was 63.4 (46-224)
Total Estrogen was 121 (60-190)
Estradiol was 27 (39 is high)

TSH was 1.35 (went up a bit)
The Vitamin D dropped to 24 (30-100)

The Triglycerides were 320 (<150)
The Total Cholesterol was 245 (<200)
HDL in range at 45
LDL high at 151 (<100)
Cholesterol/HDL ratio was 5.4 (<5.0)

I am not sure what to do ... Obviously high lipids and cholesterol is not being used for androgens. Does Vitamin A supplementation help this ?

I will take the D3 everyday now to see if that raises it. I only take 5,000 3x a week with K.

As far as Testosterone, I need one more retest before I resort to pharmaceuticals. I am done playing games, and these doctors are not going to help me.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I forgot to mention that ironically, I have felt better this time around than last. Meaning, I am able to perform sexually, and feel androgenic more so than last year when Total T was at 465.

Goes to show you one can’t base ***t on how they feel.

baccheion

It's better to get a test first thing after waking up and before eating.

What's your estimated body fat percentage? More than 15% tends to result in increased aromatase activity, though estradiol seems fine.

Vitamin D insufficiency/deficiency can result in lowered testosterone. 50-100 IU/kg/day. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4.

Just start taking a multivitamin, D + K, and (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium supplement. AOR Ortho-Core, Thorne 2/day, Life Extension Two-per-day, Life Extension Mix (+ Once-daily Health Booster), etc.

Fix any nutrient deficiencies.

If those don't work, try applying iodine or vitamin K2 MK-4 to/around the scrotum.

Niacin lowers cholesterol.

What was free testosterone and estrogen when total T was higher?

K

Kratos

yeah you are supposed to fast and get testosterone checked before 9am at the latest

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

In response to the 2 who replied, and thank you.

Yes, a retest is warranted because ive remained in the high 400s despite alcohol use.

I also take supplements, Good Magnesium products, Unique E, LE Super K, D3, tried the Zinc also, did the Boron a bit, Vitamin C, Taurine, some Aspirin (no more though).

I have never taken the straight Niacin, but I certainly will start because good evidence for it lowering lipids and trigs exist.

I am definitely not at optimal BMI. My diet could be more low fat. I get my fat from Beef, Liver sometimes, cheeses, other meats, low fat Milk. I eat leaner fish as opposed to fatty fish, not much monounsaturated fat, except cooking with Olive Oil.

Carbs are mostly potatoes, semolina bread, not much fruit, sugar from coffee and some Juice.

Vegetables are mostly cooked Broccoli, mushrooms, occasionally black beans, occasionally carrots and peas. That’s it.

baccheion

In response to the 2 who replied, and thank you.

Yes, a retest is warranted because ive remained in the high 400s despite alcohol use.

I also take supplements, Good Magnesium products, Unique E, LE Super K, D3, tried the Zinc also, did the Boron a bit, Vitamin C, Taurine, some Aspirin (no more though).

I have never taken the straight Niacin, but I certainly will start because good evidence for it lowering lipids and trigs exist.

I am definitely not at optimal BMI. My diet could be more low fat. I get my fat from Beef, Liver sometimes, cheeses, other meats, low fat Milk. I eat leaner fish as opposed to fatty fish, not much monounsaturated fat, except cooking with Olive Oil.

Carbs are mostly potatoes, semolina bread, not much fruit, sugar from coffee and some Juice.

Vegetables are mostly cooked Broccoli, mushrooms, occasionally black beans, occasionally carrots and peas. That’s it.
How often do you take Unique E (400 IU?)? Higher amounts of vitamin E can lower testosterone.

Lowering body fat isn't the same as lowering fat in diet. Good fats are necessary. 40% carbs + 40% fats + 20% protein is associated with increased testosterone, though I think 40% carbs + 30% fats + 30% protein may also work.

Diokine

Do you sleep well? You are insulin resistant and it is impairing the systems that control your liver, leading to lipid accumulation. I would imagine COX enzymes are significantly elevated in an attempt to restore adrenergic feedback in the nerves of the liver.

Another variable is the night before drank about a pint of Vodka
This is terrible for your situation.

Have you tried a reduced feeding window or other measures to reduce inflammation and increase insulin sensitivity?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I take Unique E about 2-3 x per week. Maybe doing the Aspirin 2-3 per week doesn’t help either.

So it’s time for Examastane and HCG to stimulate FSH and LH.

The only tests I have not run are FSH and LH and SHBG and Prolactin.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Do you sleep well? You are insulin resistant and it is impairing the systems that control your liver, leading to lipid accumulation. I would imagine COX enzymes are significantly elevated in an attempt to restore adrenergic feedback in the nerves of the liver.

Have you tried a reduced feeding window or other measures to reduce inflammation and increase insulin sensitivity?

I sleep very shitty, and what increases insulin sensitivity ?

Makrosky

How do you know he is insulin resistant ?

baccheion

I sleep very shitty, and what increases insulin sensitivity ?
Heh, then maybe what you need are a few hundred micrograms of melatonin. They sell liquid droppers.

DHEA, estrogen, vitamin K2 MK-4, and testosterone are a few things that increase sensitivity.

Where do you store fat? Stomach, love handles, hips, legs, thighs, etc? Insulin issues would lead to fat around the midsection.

tara

+ vodka (eg well over 1000 cals last night, non-trivial proportion of carbs)
Apparently one of the common problems associated with alcoholism is malnutrition, as alcohol displaces food and accompanying nutrients.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

+ vodka (eg well over 1000 cals last night, non-trivial proportion of carbs)
Apparently one of the common problems associated with alcoholism is malnutrition, as alcohol displaces food and accompanying nutrients.

I mostly drink during sessions LOL. I’m still able to perform sexually.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Heh, then maybe what you need are a few hundred micrograms of melatonin. They sell liquid droppers.

DHEA, estrogen, vitamin K2 MK-4, and testosterone are a few things that increase sensitivity.

Where do you store fat? Stomach, love handles, hips, legs, thighs, etc? Insulin issues would lead to fat around the midsection.

I’m well proportioned, but at 6 foot 3, I have a 38 waist. Mostly belly fat. LOL

olive

Your T levels are fine all things considered (poor sleep, alcohol consumption the night before, test not taken in early morning - one would almost think you were trying to score a low reading)

High triglycerides is a concern and is indicative of poor glucose handling.
Increase B1 and potassium intake (more fruits, less simple sugars), fast more often, ensure sufficient magnesium intake, avoid eating carbs with fats (randle cycle), lower adipose tissue, increase muscle mass, heal liver (avoid alcohol, ensure sufficient choline intake)

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

How do I calculate or convert the 63.4 Free Testosterone number as a percentage of the total 291 ? I am usually at or just under 2 percent of the Total, but this Lab ran it differently.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

vodka =fatty liver =low testosterone. :)

What about in my early twenties never touched a drink and I’d be at 250 ? I seem to be prone to this. Taking matters into my own hands, doctors don’t help anyone.

FinnRooney

The one I am dissatisfied with the most is of course the Total Testosterone. Last few readings have remained in the upper 400’s.

I am 39, 6 foot 3, 227 pounds, good BP. 4 year history of elevated Triglycerides.

I took this test at about 11 in the morning and only had coffee, fruit, milk sugar. Perhaps Testosterone should be drawn earlier as possible, due to fluctuations during the day.

Another variable is the night before drank about a pint of Vodka. Perhaps I should retest earlier in the day, and after a week of no alcohol.

The Total T was a miserable 291 (250-875)
Free Testosterone was 63.4 (46-224)
Total Estrogen was 121 (60-190)
Estradiol was 27 (39 is high)

TSH was 1.35 (went up a bit)
The Vitamin D dropped to 24 (30-100)

The Triglycerides were 320 (<150)
The Total Cholesterol was 245 (<200)
HDL in range at 45
LDL high at 151 (<100)
Cholesterol/HDL ratio was 5.4 (<5.0)

I am not sure what to do ... Obviously high lipids and cholesterol is not being used for androgens. Does Vitamin A supplementation help this ?

I will take the D3 everyday now to see if that raises it. I only take 5,000 3x a week with K.

As far as Testosterone, I need one more retest before I resort to pharmaceuticals. I am done playing games, and these doctors are not going to help me.
Hey um, not to seem insensitive but maybe don’t drink a pint of vodka the night before...
I’d also assume that if you are able to pack away a pint of vodka that you probably are a regular drinker. If I was in your situation I would look at this issue before suspecting ANYTHING else.
I just don’t get how this is just casually mentioned, I don’t know anyone that drinks a pint of vodka.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Hey um, not to seem insensitive but maybe don’t drink a pint of vodka the night before...
I’d also assume that if you are able to pack away a pint of vodka that you probably are a regular drinker. If I was in your situation I would look at this issue before suspecting ANYTHING else.
I just don’t get how this is just casually mentioned, I don’t know anyone that drinks a pint of vodka.

A pint of Vodka is only 10 shots.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals