Haidut Interview #102: Bioenergetic News with Georgi Dinkov

-Luke-

Lol at the picture at 38:30. Who of you did this?

Thanks for sharing, David.

haidut

Forum Supporter

-Luke-

North of 45.
You should shave your beard for the next episode, Georgi. I want to test my hypothesis that you look like Tony Soprano when shaved.

Just kidding. Or maybe not.

Peater

Lol at the picture at 38:30. Who of you did this?

Thanks for sharing, David.
It look like an AI pic - very funny though. The little Idealabs bottles!

I enjoyed the little bit of chat about luck/fate/etc. Would like to hear you two riff on that. I remember the Ray quote about luck, he mentioned Vit K too, I think.

That sort of stuff really interests me, it's a little esoteric but also applicable and useful if it can be dialled in.

OP
David PS

David PS

1:33:00 I write down synchronicities in a document when they happen, always mind blowing to experience

haidut

Forum Supporter
You should shave your beard for the next episode, Georgi. I want to test my hypothesis that you look like Tony Soprano when shaved.

Just kidding. Or maybe not.

OK, I will shave it. Btw, there are episodes without beard, so you don't have to wait. Though, I don't remember which ones.

-Luke-

OK, I will shave it. Btw, there are episodes without beard, so you don't have to wait. Though, I don't remember which ones.
I was mostly a joke, so you don't have to shave. I vaguely remember you without the beard.

Mauritio

I think the studies georgi is doing dont get enough credit.
I'm sure theyre not cheap and they're very interesting.

He mentioned that the addiotion of biotin lead to a shrinkage of the tumor which B1 and B3 alone werent able to do. The dosage is really high though. I thought 50mg was already high but he used an HED of 200mg .He mentioned this dosage has been used in human trials before . Can anybody share those? I'd like to take a look at them. The highest amount I know of was 40mg/day in a MS trial.
I've been taking 4mg daily for half a year already, so I' like to see some data on the side effects, although Im not really worried.
I have to keep taking that much ever since I started T3, otherwise I get skin issues.

OP
David PS

David PS

He mentioned that the addiotion of biotin lead to a shrinkage of the tumor which B1 and B3 alone werent able to do. The dosage is really high though. I thought 50mg was already high but he used an HED of 200mg .He mentioned this dosage has been used in human trials before . Can anybody share those? I'd like to take a look at them. The highest amount I know of was 40mg/day in a MS trial.
I've been taking 4mg daily for half a year already, so I' like to see some data on the side effects, although Im not really worried.
I have to keep taking that much ever since I started T3, otherwise I get skin issues.

Methods​

Forty-three patients with progressive multiple scleroses were prescribed pharmaceutical grade biotin as a single daily dose of 300 mg/day. Brain MRIs were performed at baseline and after one year on biotin. Quantitative neurologic exams (EDSS) and blood work monitoring for biotin toxicity were performed at baseline and every three months thereafter.

Results​

High dose biotin was safe, and well tolerated, with no evidence of toxicity on blood work and no new lesions on brain MRIs. None of the patients’ EDSS scores improved. One-third of patients (38–43%) worsened, most often with increased lower extremity weakness, worsened balance, and more falling, with two patients worsening sufficiently to increase their EDSS scores by 0.5. Several worsened patients improved after stopping biotin.

Edit: Sci-Hub | Neuroprotective potential of high-dose biotin. Medical Hypotheses, 109, 145–149 | 10.1016/j.mehy.2017.10.012
A recent controlled trial has established that high-dose biotin supplementation – 100 mg, three times daily– has a stabilizing effect on progression of multiple sclerosis (MS).

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

Last edited:

gaze

@haidut any possibility you could attempt to do some of the starch persorption tests Volkheimer was doing? there has been an information gap in that subject since his time.

Mauritio

Thanks for sharing. The effects actually sound pretty bad, but as the authors say the worsening might be due to "increased metbaolic demands". 300 mg of biotin must be very hypoglycemic. For me even a few mg were at the beginning.

"None of the patients’ EDSS scores improved. One-third of patients (38–43%) worsened, most often with increased lower extremity weakness, worsened balance, and more falling, with two patients worsening sufficiently to increase their EDSS scores by 0.5. Several worsened patients improved after stopping biotin."

Although the second study you cited says this:
"A recent double-blind 12 month study, enrolling 154 patients with progressive multiple sclerosis,evaluated high-dose biotin (100 mg three times daily) versus placebo.1 Using the Expanded DisabilityStatus Scale, 12.6% of the patients receiving biotin achieved a notable improvement in their scores(decrease of 1 point or more), versus none of the placebo-treated patients (p=0.005)."

Maybe 300mg at once is just too much and 100mg 3 times daily is a better schedule. This study with varying doses from 100-300mg also found slight improvements.
- High doses of biotin in chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: a pilot study - PubMed

Although results seem to be differing:

- MD1003 (High-Dose Pharmaceutical-Grade Biotin) for the Treatment of Chronic Visual Loss Related to Optic Neuritis in Multiple Sclerosis: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study - PubMed

"A randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study (MS-SPI) indicated that HDB might reverse disability in a subgroup of progressive MS patients compared to the placebo arm (Tourbah et al., 2016). Despite these initial positive results, the subsequent phase 3 trial (SPI2) did not show significant improvements of disability, leading to the conclusion that HDB cannot be recommended for patients with progressive forms of MS (Cree et al., 2020)."
- High-dose biotin neither fosters remyelination nor stimulates malonyl coenzyme A synthesis in the regenerating nerve

Last edited:

JamesGatz

I liked this podcast - it was more of a laid-back vibe exploring a variety of topics (even sillier ones) rather than solely focused on being professional

Sherbert

lol 😃 "what r these shirt less pic tures supposed to sho?"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals