US Supreme Court Case: West Virginia vs EPA - Congressional Power To Delegate Authority About To Be Taken Away?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thedumbass

Assuming this would also apply to the FDA which should help us with them attacking supplements. This the best news I have heard all day

Summer

The name of that Twitter account LOL

“GOP Is A Deadly Pandemic” with a baphomet pfp made out of female sex organs.

Exceedingly weird times.

Birdie

Very very interesting. Will be watching to see what happens.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m speechless but hopeful this is a good sign of positive things to come.

yerrag

Doesn't this merely move the authority to define how to regulate from the executive branch to the legislative branch?

So it rearranges power from one branch to another. It's a formality but the center of power is still the same and in the same shadows.

Lollipop2

Doesn't this merely move the authority to define how to regulate from the executive branch to the legislative branch?

So it rearranges power from one branch to another. It's a formality but the center of power is still the same and in the same shadows.
Yes but there needs some check and balances on these crazy executive orders and presidential appointees that are not elected making HORRIBLE decisions for the public AND our money. An elected person can be booted out.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

It returns the power back to the people away from the bureaucrats.

yerrag

It sounds nice in a country we were supposed to be in.

Not in one where nearly all legislators serve AIPAC, where the people who get to Congress' steps and who rally show up with pocket money, financed by fifth columnists (especially now that anti-abortion rallies are gone) and making one's voice heard only happens when it's not drowned out by noise from well-funded operations that has everything to do with bringing this country down.

The rule of law is always called upon but how it is used is very spotty because prosecution depends on who wields the money and thus wields the stick.

When a group has been making money hand over fist in what is immoral and hide under legality, with impunity , and getting pardoned when they should be shot for treason and for economic sabotage, it makes a mockery of any legal structure in place.

Any attempt to rearrange the chairs is a futile exercise, and any victory celebration is just as empty as getting a trophy for merely showing up.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Interesting. This Supreme Court actually had two big cases last week, with the Roe vs. Wade overruling overshadowing the the court's overruling of New York Gun Control law. (The Roe Overruling is here- https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf)

The Alito quote about how things have operated "for 84 years" takes it back to the "New Deal" period, where the structure of the Federal Government changed drastically, including huge expansion and creation of various Federal Agencies, the creation of the Welfare state, and the change in the judicial structure in this country.

I have posted this a few times, but Justice Scalia here talks about the idea of Congress delegating their law making ability in this clip-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGn36uhx7c

While Scalia obviously wasn't a fan of most of the Executive Agencies, the topic there is actually about delegating authority to a private organization. While the whole analogy of Dog Breeding may seem kinda silly, there is a private (or non-governmental) agency that Congress did delegate a portion of their powers to that's a pretty big one......... The Federal Reserve.

So, with the two important decisions last week, will we get some sort of curtailing of the powers of the agencies next? Possibly followed by the overruling of Erie vs. Tompkins Railroad (a massive case that people don't really know much about, where "Law" was blended with "Equity"), followed by some case to reign in or eliminate the Welfare state and all the "New Deal" programs, possibly followed by the Coup De Grace.... an overruling of the Federal Reserve Act?

It's a lot of speculation, but with some big rulings already and another potential massive case on the horizon...... maybe what I just wrote isn't as "pie in the sky" as it would have seemed even just two weeks ago.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

haidut

Forum Supporter

Amen! Long overdue...but better late than never.
I am just concerned that if another landmark decision is made against the snowflakes, they may take to the streets again like in 2020 and this time it may come down to martial law...as they don't really recognize any other law unless it works in their favor.

tankasnowgod

Amen! Long overdue...but better late than never.
I am just concerned that if another landmark decision is made against the snowflakes, they may take to the streets again like in 2020 and this time it may come down to martial law...as they don't really recognize any other law unless it works in their favor.
I don't know, I think their organization and/or money dried up by autumn of 2020. Those early riots , er, "peaceful destruction of property" activities were basically everywhere, if you were in a larger city. I haven't heard or seen a peep of a protest since last week, though I'm sure there was something somewhere.

Remember, the Beverly Hills chapter of Antifa was chanting this-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVKwi5CypMw

Man, that was the best Twittter Account. RIP, Bev.

Bev Stop.jpg

beverly-hills-antifa-bevhills-antifa-portland-antifa-is-selling-ice-22236388.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom