Topical Pirfenidone - The real answer to inflammation and fibrosis. Not taurine, MSM, serrapeptase etc

johnwester130

A google search for antifibrotic drugs shows nintedanib (Ofev®) and pirfenidone

Interestingly this was picked up on hairlosstalk too

also called KitosCell Gel, probably easier to find.

It works topically, many people use it on scars.

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This states that finasteride works by inhibiting TGFb 1

It’s not entirely clear what causes the perifollicular fibrosis to occur. In 2006, Yoo and colleagues proposed that TGF-beta (transforming growth factor beta) seemed to play a role. They showed that testosterone treatment increased the expression of type I procollagen at mRNA and protein level and this was associated with a rise in TGF-beta protein levels by 81.9 % in dermal fibroblasts. Conversely, pretreatment of finasteride inhibited the ability of testosterone to make pro collagen RNA and protein and decreased the expression of TGF-bet by 30 %. Interestingly, pretreatment of follicles with a TGF-beta antibody inhibited pro collagen expression leading the authors of the study to conclude that testosterone triggers TGF-beta expression and perfiollciular fibrosis in AGA. They also postulate that one mechanisms of finasteride may be to reduce TGF-beta and therefore pro collagen expression. - See more at: Perifollicular Fibrosis and Perifollicular Inflammation in Androgenetic Alopecia — Donovan Hair Clinic

PhilParma

john, I love your enthusiasm. You have a new "the answer" every couple months. I've put kilograms of weird stuff on my scalp at your behest, and will continue to do so. This stuff is too expensive though.

GenericName86

I had scars fade when using systemic enzymes, however the scars came back slightly after discontinuing.

I've read T3 also inhibits it. When using T3 my scalp will start to loosen up after a few days and I get the "goosebump/hair standing on end" feeling toward the front of my scalp again when something triggers it rather then just the back of my head. Nicotinamide Riboside also has some effect on fibrosis.

A combination of internal and external treatment would in theory be pretty powerful?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I had scars fade when using systemic enzymes, however the scars came back slightly after discontinuing.

I've read T3 also inhibits it. When using T3 my scalp will start to loosen up after a few days and I get the "goosebump/hair standing on end" feeling toward the front of my scalp again when something triggers it rather then just the back of my head. Nicotinamide Riboside also has some effect on fibrosis.

A combination of internal and external treatment would in theory be pretty powerful?

There's not that many treatments.

After finasteride, dutasteride, spironolactone, minoxidil, what do you have left?

Micro needling, taurine, zinc?

T3 might help remove the fibrosis and reduce TGF beta 1.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

john, I love your enthusiasm. You have a new "the answer" every couple months. I've put kilograms of weird stuff on my scalp at your behest, and will continue to do so. This stuff is too expensive though.

I agree that I have changed theories a bit too much.

I have never said anything extreme though.

My solutions were based in solid science and based on products already on the market.

This drug is basically taurine but way stronger.

It is very expensive as a gel.
The tablets are cheap though. 2 grams of tablets are 20 pounds. But making a solution out of it could be difficult.

This is basically what massage is doing, reducing the fibrosis. But this is a lot more direct and to the point.

BrianF

I agree that I have changed theories a bit too much.

I have never said anything extreme though.

My solutions were based in solid science and based on products already on the market.

This drug is basically taurine but way stronger.

It is very expensive as a gel.
The tablets are cheap though. 2 grams of tablets are 20 pounds. But making a solution out of it could be difficult.

This is basically what massage is doing, reducing the fibrosis. But this is a lot more direct and to the point.
where you buying this John?

Progesterone

type in pirferidone tablets

and go to google images, not web results,

it will be called united pharmacies

what should I do if I had fibrosis from dermastamping too hard? :(

getting HT now to fix it... but I have fibrosis all over head from this ***t

Waynish

what should I do if I had fibrosis from dermastamping too hard? :(

getting HT now to fix it... but I have fibrosis all over head from this ***t
Do you think you can dermastamp without getting it? It doesn't look like people get it on their face when doing it to their face... Not that I know anyone who did it to their face, but it is a common "beauty treatment," isn't it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom