The Big Study On Curing Heart Condition Through Genetic Editing May Be Wrong

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yet another one of these blockbuster studies on gene editing as a way to "erase" diseases may turn out to be a premature fanfare.
Hey @Drareg, I think you will like this.

Inter-homologue repair in fertilized human eggs? | bioRxiv
Was the big paper about the successful editing of human embryo genes wrong?

"...A month ago, an international team of researchers announced that they had used a gene-editing technique to safely erase a heritable heart condition from a human embryo. This blockbuster news was greeted with both excitement and fear. Now the scientific community is buzzing about a new critique that questions the main conclusions of their paper."

"...Paul Knoepfler, a stem-cell scientist at the University of California at Davis who was not involved in either paper, called Egli's arguments “rather compelling.” He wrote in a blog post, “To me, these possible alternative explanations just simply make a lot of sense and are things that should have been ruled out as alternative explanations.”

Drareg

Yet another one of these blockbuster studies on gene editing as a way to "erase" diseases may turn out to be a premature fanfare.
Hey @Drareg, I think you will like this.

Inter-homologue repair in fertilized human eggs? | bioRxiv
Was the big paper about the successful editing of human embryo genes wrong?

"...A month ago, an international team of researchers announced that they had used a gene-editing technique to safely erase a heritable heart condition from a human embryo. This blockbuster news was greeted with both excitement and fear. Now the scientific community is buzzing about a new critique that questions the main conclusions of their paper."

"...Paul Knoepfler, a stem-cell scientist at the University of California at Davis who was not involved in either paper, called Egli's arguments “rather compelling.” He wrote in a blog post, “To me, these possible alternative explanations just simply make a lot of sense and are things that should have been ruled out as alternative explanations.”

I think they will have worse results again,some disaster that will appear later in the organisms life,it seems like a quantum physics moment for biology and the myths surrounding DNA,this crispr will start it off.
The very fact that they won’t admit dna is nothing on its own to the public astounds me,talking publically epigentics is a token gesture,the system is even more interconnected than that again. The very part of dna in question will express differently in a different cellular environment,only causing disease in certain contexts can be good in others,I’m even curious at this point about the claims some diseases are genetic like sickle cell.
The whole thing and history is a media and information control exercise. Find your missing heritability or not it’s a redundant concept. The spoof concept that dna is solely responsible for coding proteins in spite of all the evidence to the contrary,temperature, other cellular molecules like water and mineral ions, pH, ATP, protein folding aids called chaperones are all involved with protein and what it becomes,can’t function without them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom