Question On Alternative CO2 Production

quazimodo

Hello

I have been visiting this forum for several years and never really had an urge to post a question until now.

I am curious about the effects of the salt sodium acetate and it's ability to to increase CO2 in the body by undergoing its metabolism.

It seems from these studies that CO2 can increase significantly after ingestion. I thought I just throw it out there if anybody could comment on it.

Seems relatively easy to make from vinegar and baking soda.

Again, hello to everyone, good luck and have a nice day.

https://pureapps2.hw.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/4771546

http://www.jbc.org/content/199/1/127.full.pdf

Sativa

I'll try this! Check my thread called "Caffeine Salicylate" on DIY easy-to-make salts using different OTC ingredients like Mg/Ca/Na/Caffeine & salicylic/acetic/succinic acids (etc)
... Sodium Acetate is a good one.

Inaut

Metabolic and respiratory effects of infused sodium acetate in healthy human subjects.
Burnier P1, Tappy L, Jéquier E, Schneeberger D, Chioléro R.
Author information
Abstract

The metabolic and respiratory effects of intravenous 0.5 M sodium acetate (at a rate of 2.5 mmol/min during 120 min) were studied in nine normal human subjects. O2 consumption (VO2) and CO2 production (VCO2) were measured continuously by open-circuit indirect calorimetry. VO2 increased from 251 +/- 9 to 281 +/- 9 ml/min (P < 0.001), energy expenditure increased from 4.95 +/- 0.17 kJ/min baseline to 5.58 +/- 0.16 kJ/min (P < 0.001), and VCO2 decreased nonsignificantly (211 +/- 7 ml/min vs. 202 +/- 7 ml/min, NS). The extrapulmonary CO2 loss (i.e., bicarbonate generation and excretion) was estimated at 48 +/- 5 ml/min. This observation is consistent with 1 mol of bicarbonate generated from 1 mol of acetate metabolized. Alveolar ventilation decreased from 3.5 +/- 0.2 l/min basal to 3.1 +/- 0.2 l/min (P < 0.001). The minute ventilation (VE) to VO2 ratio decreased from 22.9 +/- 1.3 to 17.6 +/- 0.9 l/l (P < 0.005), arterial PO2 decreased from 93.2 +/- 1.9 to 78.7 +/- 1.6 mmHg (P < 0.0001), arterial PCO2 increased from 39.2 +/- 0.7 to 42.1 +/- 1.1 mmHg (P < 0.0001), pH from 7.40 +/- 0.005 to 7.50 +/- 0.007 (P < 0.005), and arterial bicarbonate concentration from 24.2 +/- 0.7 to 32.9 +/- 1.1 (P < 0.0001). These observations indicate that sodium acetate infusion results in substantial extrapulmonary CO2 loss, which leads to a relative decrease of total and alveolar ventilation.

Metabolic and respiratory effects of infused sodium acetate in healthy human subjects. - PubMed - NCBI

Caitlin

Patrick Mckeown suggests doing this (mixing bicarbonate with acv to increase c02) in his book THE OXYGEN ADVANTAGE. I tried it once with the ACV, but stopped due to my reflux issues.

Sativa

Patrick Mckeown suggests doing this (mixing bicarbonate with acv to increase c02) in his book THE OXYGEN ADVANTAGE. I tried it once with the ACV, but stopped due to my reflux issues.

Perhaps it's more suitable/effective to use S.bicarbonate with either pure acetic acid, or simple white vinegar (usually water + 5% acetic acid).
Add bicarbonate until the fizzing stops, which indicates that all the acid has reacted. This should help re any reflux issues etc.

I've just realised I've mixed up Sodium acetate with Calcium acetate!
CaAcetate is brilliant for binding & neutralising excess phosphate!
Calcium can also bind to other minerals such as phosphate, and aid in their removal from the body. Calcium acetate is used to control phosphate levels to keep them from getting too high in people with kidney failure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom