NASA Scientist predicts 30 year cold spell

gretchen

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/dark- ... dgetphase2
With nasty cold fronts thrusting an icy and early winter across the continental U.S. — along with last winter described by USA Today as "one of the snowiest, coldest, most miserable on record" — climatologist John L. Casey thinks the weather pattern is here to stay for decades to come.
In fact, Casey, a former space shuttle engineer and NASA consultant, is out with the provocative book "Dark Winter: How the Sun Is Causing a 30-Year Cold Spell," which warns that a radical shift in global climate is underway, and that Al Gore and other environmentalists have it completely wrong.

He predicts potential chaotic conditions due to loss of crops, and also political upheavel.
Frigid temperatures and the food shortages that inevitably result could lead to riots and chaos......

The climate changes also will affect human activity and may be a prelude to revolutionary politics. He says the French Revolution took place at the beginning of the last solar minimum in 1789.

LucyL

Re: Climatologist explains weather changes and their social/political impact

Uh oh. Weather patterns that last for decades = climate. :twisted:

OP
G

gretchen

The sun controls the climate. Global warming is a lie. Now might be a good time to come to grips with it.

Re: 30 year cold spell

You know, in the few days when all planes were grounded in Nort America, temperatures were a couple degrees higher...

Peatri Dish

This explains why the medical establishment is doing such a s****y job treating hypothyroidism. The government is going to start taxing people with low body temperatures for contributing to global cooling!

The Darwin Tax :roll:

OP
G

gretchen

I know the Newsmax link is off-putting and would be a nonstarter for some of you, as well as the fact that it sounds alarmist, but you really must grasp that this could be true.

If you Peatians aren't careful you're going to morph in to myopic naval gazers like your parents. You have to grasp the fact that the idea of greenhouse gasses and global warming that they've been telling us since the 80s isn't grounded in science and is a lie! Wake up, do your own research, etc.

If you don't want to know what's true, that's your business. But don't think you will get away with the social and political nonsense that we've put up with till today. Indeed, the coming changes might not allow that! Forewarned is forearmed. At my age I have seen and heard enough to know when something could be for real, and this has that kind of feeling.

Philomath

See www.suspicious0bservers.org for a logical explanation of the Suns effect on climate and earthquake activity.

pboy

its one of those things that might be realistic, I personally don't believe in global warming, I do pollution, but not the carbon emissions stuff...and it has seemed to me for the past like 7-8 years its been colder, ive been telling people in an off hand way but haven't taken it that seriously. Intelligent living practices, buying habits, and what we say when we do talk to others matters...and that's probably all most of us can do unless we are in a prominent position to do something about it socially on a large scale. If disaster does strike, ill cross that bridge when it happens...and hopefully predict it shortly in advance. I don't think anything catastrophic will happen, cause it will be a gradual change and people will adjust. The only alternative if you take it very seriously would be to like stock up on canned goods and powdered milk and learn how to hint, fish, and build shelters and start fires and what not, which is kind of cool no doubt and valuable, but I don't think the masses have time or money for that, a lot of them...so its kind of up to the leaders or people in influential positions to see it coming and start adjusting intelligently, and just as regular people we should stay healthy and aware and intelligent so that we can adjust harmoniously if anything happens. I don't think anything is though, it might be like 10 degrees colder, which would only effect certain crops in areas where they were pushing their climate range to begin with...and markets would just shift

tara

The sun is obviously affects climate - it is the source of the energy in weather systems, and without it, there wouldn't be any weather.
But there is very strong evidence that the composition of the atmosphere also affects climate. I wouldn't take seriously any scientist who doesn't understand that. Global climate change is not an unfounded hypothesis, it is a current measured reality. Every time the scientists put together a new set of data to report about climate change, the evidence shows that the effects of global warming have proceeded faster than the scientifically-based predictions. The increase in the destructive force of hurricanes etc in recent years is a direct effect of increased sea temperatures.
Scientific modelling of increasing average global temperatures includes predicting an increase in extreme weather events, such as severe snow storms and cold spells, as well as heat-waves, droughts, wild-fires, and flooding.

tara

OP
G

gretchen

http://www.principia-scientific.org/new ... t-co2.html

A paper published today in Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics finds a "strong and stable correlation" between the millennial variations in sunspots and the temperature in Antarctica over the past 11,000 years. In stark contrast, the authors find no strong or stable correlation between temperature and CO2 over that same period.

pboy

it was really weird a few months earlier, it was inconspicuously near freezing for the first half of November where I live, where it was 70-80 in October, then suddenly dropped to 30-55 out of no where. Now temps are back up to where they should be at this time, about 50-70. In all the years ive lived here that's never happened in November. It must be the government and their weather mods! (I kid, but still it was interesting to note)

facesavant

The sun controls the climate. Global warming is a lie. Now might be a good time to come to grips with it.
Not so fast, what about Haarp in Alaska? Or chemtrails? These can modify weather, even cause earthquakes. If our weather was completely natural then I'm with you on the sun controlling climate.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom