I've noticed a huge shift in my coworkers over the past year. Learned helplessness?

stressless

I've noticed a huge shift in my coworkers over the past year. It feels like learned helplessness.

People seem to be in a haze, they don't follow up, they don't do what they say they would do, they can't grasp basic concepts, they resort to complaining rather than taking steps to fix problems, it takes weeks to make decisions that could be made in a half-hour meeting.

I literally had a woman tell me the other day that she needs "some hand-holding" to help understand a simple, well-documented process that's industry standard.

Many of them are loud and proud about being ✨double-vaxxed and boosted ✨. I wonder if the vaccine is causing this. Or is it just because we're all still WFH and slowly descending into isolation-induced madness. Or maybe I'm judging them too harshly because of their left-leaning politics, wokery, and pro-vaccine-mandate stances.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

tankasnowgod

I've noticed a huge shift in my coworkers over the past year. It feels like learned helplessness.

People seem to be in a haze, they don't follow up, they don't do what they say they would do, they can't grasp basic concepts, they resort to complaining rather than taking steps to fix problems, it takes weeks to make decisions that could be made in a half-hour meeting.

I literally had a woman tell me the other day that she needs "some hand-holding" to help understand a simple, well-documented process that's industry standard.

Many of them are loud and proud about being ✨double-vaxxed and boosted ✨. I wonder if the vaccine is causing this. Or is it just because we're all still WFH and slowly descending into isolation-induced madness. Or maybe I'm judging them too harshly because of their left-leaning politics, wokery, and pro-vaccine-mandate stances.

I think the demonvax absolutely is a contributing factor to this, but isn't the only thing. Everything over the past two years seems to have been designed specifically to make people feel isolated, alone, and under stress. And they all increase serotonin, even mask wearing (according to Haidut, a significant amount of serotonin is excreted through the lungs).

Of course, there were longer term factors too, like the "dumbing down" of America and such, directly through the school system. So, it was headed this way for a while, but things really kicked into overdrive the past two years.

Oddly, I have gone the other way, since summer of 2020. I credit cyproheptadine and other anti-serotonin chemicals, along with reading more, and concentrating more on developing myself. There is a "silver lining" or "seed of the equivalent benefit" in this nonsense. Working from home has actually been a good thing for me during this time, as I have reclaimed much time that used to be wasted commuting.

Mauritio

This + the left woke fake compassion movement.

InChristAlone

My husband found him and his coworkers work better from home, they are more efficient. I think it takes good leaders in a company, strong masculine leaders. Women aren't typically good at that role and so you might see more of this the more men are being feminized and women are trying to be masculine. This makes them stressed out.They are just begging for safety and security in these times and don't even realize it.

Perry Staltic

Probably clot shot related. I have read numerous accounts of similar after clot shots were rolled out

OP
S

stressless

I think the demonvax absolutely is a contributing factor to this, but isn't the only thing. Everything over the past two years seems to have been designed specifically to make people feel isolated, alone, and under stress. And they all increase serotonin, even mask wearing (according to Haidut, a significant amount of serotonin is excreted through the lungs).

Of course, there were longer term factors too, like the "dumbing down" of America and such, directly through the school system. So, it was headed this way for a while, but things really kicked into overdrive the past two years.
So many good points! It's pretty easy to believe that there are evil people out to destroy America, but it's harder to believe that it would actually impact people who you consider intelligent and work closely with. I need to remind myself of this and be more patient with people.

Oddly, I have gone the other way, since summer of 2020. I credit cyproheptadine and other anti-serotonin chemicals, along with reading more, and concentrating more on developing myself. There is a "silver lining" or "seed of the equivalent benefit" in this nonsense. Working from home has actually been a good thing for me during this time, as I have reclaimed much time that used to be
I don't think it's odd at all! I've seen a lot of complacent but well-meaning people become more active (myself included) in taking charge of their life, being bolder with their political and religious beliefs. We're all under a lot of pressure, and it's making the good people better and the bad people worse.

I think the craziness with the schoolboards is a perfect example. Parents are now getting up-in-arms and it's making huge positive changes in the culture.

As a religious person, I've also seen a huge increase in church attendance, especially in churches that took a stand and never closed.

wasted commuting.
I don't know how we ever did this 2x a day, 5x a week...

Dean

Civilizational decline, if not out-and-out collapse. Whether it is specific to Western Civilization or is human civilization in its entirety is TBD.

Charger

I feel like I've become the only motivated/goal-oriented person in my company, everyone else is going through the motions/complaining/saying how they're going to quit but never do.

Not sure if it's the same situation as what you're describing but I definitely perceive it as learned helplessness type behavior. Not sure if it I would attribute it to vaccines, but it definitely seems to have escalated the past couple of years.

biomes

Can confirm I'm seeing the same thing at my company and the consultants we work with. Predominantly vax'd and boosted.

Donttreadonme

I've noticed seemingly very intelligent people, engineers and scientists live in fear of a virus with a survival rate higher than influenza

Which is great for me as I can say I'm scared of covid and work from home as much as I want

Life gives lemons then make an Arnold Palmer

InChristAlone

I've noticed seemingly very intelligent people, engineers and scientists live in fear of a virus with a survival rate higher than influenza
The fear campaign worked. Even me who didn't want anything to do with COVID once I was over reading about it and trying to wake people up, even me I have some fears pop up while I'm sick for the first time in 3 yrs. The narrative has damaged my psyche now about flu symptoms. It will take a lot of brain retraining to counteract all the stories I've heard and the non stop constant talk about this dang virus. So I can sympathize with those who just bought the narrative. It was shoved down their throat at every corner. The best thing we could do is just to stop talking about it and stop reading about it. I will probably have to avoid this forum due to the virus.

OP
S

stressless

I feel like I've become the only motivated/goal-oriented person in my company, everyone else is going through the motions/complaining/saying how they're going to quit but never do.

Yes! It's like they do the absolute bare minimum to keep their job and are completely checked out beyond their specific role. There's a huge problem of 'sorry can't help you that's not my job'

I wonder if it's also related to people just not having morals anymore.

OP
S

stressless

Civilizational decline, if not out-and-out collapse. Whether it is specific to Western Civilization or is human civilization in its entirety is TBD.
A moral decline too, unfortunately

OP
S

stressless

You'd think they'd be the ones who would appreciate what the data is telling us

Which is great for me as I can say I'm scared of covid and work from home as much as I want

Life gives lemons then make an Arnold Palmer
I love working form home and having access to a kitchen!

LLight

The fear campaign worked. Even me who didn't want anything to do with COVID once I was over reading about it and trying to wake people up, even me I have some fears pop up while I'm sick for the first time in 3 yrs. The narrative has damaged my psyche now about flu symptoms. It will take a lot of brain retraining to counteract all the stories I've heard and the non stop constant talk about this dang virus. So I can sympathize with those who just bought the narrative. It was shoved down their throat at every corner. The best thing we could do is just to stop talking about it and stop reading about it. I will probably have to avoid this forum due to the virus.

[...] control fear and anxiety that harmfully releases VWF into blood.

I was reading Twitter the other day and another guy (who is rather reasonable compared with what can be found on twitter wrt Covid opinion) was criticizing people thinking that meditation could help them avoid sever Covid. I thought meditation (for its cortisol decrease potential) might not be sufficient but helpful to inhibit fear.

Jerkboy

I think people were always like this. You just started noticing it more. Plus work become relative (unimportant) if you feel government breathing in your neck 24/7. These people in government do not seem to comprehend how they destroy society. Or perhaps it is on purpose. LoL Self destruction.

Dean

LOL Self destruction.

I've (facetiously?) hypothesized for years that humans, on some cosmic level, have hit the self-destruct button. We've run our course as a species and now are going to really show what we're capable of by extinguishing ourselves. It's a good final act.

InChristAlone

I was reading Twitter the other day and another guy (who is rather reasonable compared with what can be found on twitter wrt Covid opinion) was criticizing people thinking that meditation could help them avoid sever Covid. I thought meditation (for its cortisol decrease potential) might not be sufficient but helpful to inhibit fear.
Meditation absolutely would be helpful. But specifically mindful meditation because that is something you can do all the time, not just when you are sitting alone quiet. I had to learn how to do this because of my panic disorder. Accepting and allowing what is happening to me instead of fighting and resisting it-which I am extremely good at! Fighting your own experience causes a lot of stress. That article wasn't good for me to read though lol. Talking about intubation for fear?! Was that their jusitifcation for it??? Yes patients need to calm down, but intubation killed them! They could have just given them some anti-anxiety meds and called it good. Or maybe just maybe the gov't shouldn't have traumatized the entire world with war on virus. Maybe then the patients wouldn't have all come in with severe panic attacks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom