Great article on William Blake

Dr. Peat admired Blake so much,, that he named his college after him.

A really interesting about Blake, maybe this is where Peat got his ideas about money and living in this world.

Centuries before zines, before blogs, before Instagram, before Substack, William Blake had built himself an autonomous platform on which to share his creative labors, exactly as he wanted them to live.

The magnitude of his innovation was not lost on Blake. In 1793, he composed and printed his Prospectus, addressed “TO THE PUBLIC,” in which he announced that he had “invented a method of Printing both Letter-press and Engraving in a style more ornamental, uniform, and grand, than any before discovered.” It was nothing less than a manifesto for creative self-liberation:

The Labours of the Artist, the Poet, the Musician, have been proverbially attended by poverty and obscurity; this was never the fault of the Public, but was owing to a neglect of means to propagate such works as have wholly absorbed the Man of Genius. Even Milton and Shakespeare could not publish their own works.
[…]
If a method of Printing which combines the Painter and the Poet is a phenomenon worthy of public attention, provided that it exceeds in elegance all former methods, the Author is sure of his reward.

Zpol

Thank you for the link! RP had a very imaginative way of perceiving the world and interpreting science. I aim to achieve that ability by reading everything pertaining to William Blake.
After reading Blake's 'The Complete Illuminated Books' I found an expanded potential for using thought experiments to build resistance to the adversities we face in this fallen world.

Ironically, my profession is in the printing and engraving business.

akgrrrl

Thank you for the link! RP had a very imaginative way of perceiving the world and interpreting science. I aim to achieve that ability by reading everything pertaining to William Blake.
After reading Blake's 'The Complete Illuminated Books' I found an expanded potential for using thought experiments to build resistance to the adversities we face in this fallen world.

Ironically, my profession is in the printing and engraving business.
Envy.envy for your immersion in the world of print. My love of books from age 5 sent me exploring and entrpreneuring (is that a word? Hah, should be) so no regrets--but to apprentice or even shadow your field now would thrill me. My collection keeps me happy!

Regina

Dr. Peat admired Blake so much,, that he named his college after him.

A really interesting about Blake, maybe this is where Peat got his ideas about money and living in this world.

Centuries before zines, before blogs, before Instagram, before Substack, William Blake had built himself an autonomous platform on which to share his creative labors, exactly as he wanted them to live.

The magnitude of his innovation was not lost on Blake. In 1793, he composed and printed his Prospectus, addressed “TO THE PUBLIC,” in which he announced that he had “invented a method of Printing both Letter-press and Engraving in a style more ornamental, uniform, and grand, than any before discovered.” It was nothing less than a manifesto for creative self-liberation:
Yeah. Excellent piece.
I don't think I'll stop thinking about it for weeks.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm reading John Higg's Blake Versus the World. I can already see that Dr. Peat seems to have emulated Blake's approach to life and values to a "T". I think having the parents that Dr. Peat had, parents who left it to him to draw his own conclusions about politics and philosophy, let him discover a kinship with Blake that is quite striking.

Dr. Peat never cared a bit about money, and neither did Blake, as one example.

DKayJoe

Thanks for this, it's my belief that off all his written works this is his most important when it comes to living your life in a way that benefits the organism.

To sum it up in 3 words...think, perceive, act.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom