Glass Noodles - a lesser known safe starch

Cow

Hi @Rinse & rePeat , are those noodles from TJ's in a sauce you could rinse off after defrosting, which might get rid of most of the pufa content?

Hi @Rinse & rePeat , are those noodles from TJ's in a sauce you could rinse off after defrosting, which might get rid of most of the pufa content?

I didn’t see any sauce in it Cow.The veggies were on top and were easy to pick off and fry separately. I have another one of them in the freezer, that I could soak in water tomorrow and see what comes off of it?

Cow

I got a couple, and will experiment, too! So you only have to quick fry them after defrosting, yes? They are already "cooked" in the container? I am thinking about tossing them with some shitakes sauteed in butter. I usually eat my shitakes with capellini, but I am trying to find a substitute for wheat.

I got a couple, and will experiment, too! So you only have to quick fry them after defrosting, yes? They are already "cooked" in the container? I am thinking about tossing them with some shitakes sauteed in butter. I usually eat my shitakes with capellini, but I am trying to find a substitute for wheat.
Hi Cow!
The instructions were to just reheat in a pan with a little water, or prepare while still frozen in the microwave. I decided that I didn’t want to use the microwave, and because there were veggies in it, I wanted to fry them a little first. Today I am going to put the whole pack in water to soak off any sauce, after removing the vegetables, and fry the veggies first and do a one minute cook on the noodles in the refined coconut oil again and the eggs. I don’t think the glass noodles need much cooking, even in their dry form. I like your idea about adding in the shiitakes, and I am thinking a little curry powder could be good too. Are you going to leave the sauce in it?

So I soaked the noodles, Cow, and kept rinsing them until the water was running off of them clear, and there was a lot of sauce and greasy that came off of them. I sautéed everything in butter this time, like you did, and it needed a lot of seasoning with salt, and I sprinkled on some Madras curry powder too, and it felt much lighter.

Attachments

• F785FE6A-B862-4933-B376-1233DCB876AF.jpeg
    F785FE6A-B862-4933-B376-1233DCB876AF.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 401F1667-8844-46EC-AACC-2F2C3E71406A.jpeg
    401F1667-8844-46EC-AACC-2F2C3E71406A.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 594911ED-0B39-417C-9507-CA77419F65D4.jpeg
    594911ED-0B39-417C-9507-CA77419F65D4.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 087B7575-DF7C-45DB-803B-BDC6692A69C3.jpeg
    087B7575-DF7C-45DB-803B-BDC6692A69C3.jpeg
    676.1 KB · Views: 8

Cow

I soaked and rinsed the glass noodles and, yeah, I believe most of the PUFA probably went down the drain. I will continue to experiment with them. I have to say though, I did miss the distinct flavor and bite of my capellini. But I can always have that as a treat. ~Let us know if you come up with any great recipes!

I soaked and rinsed the glass noodles and, yeah, I believe most of the PUFA probably went down the drain. I will continue to experiment with them. I have to say though, I did miss the distinct flavor and bite of my capellini. But I can always have that as a treat. ~Let us know if you come up with any great recipes!
I don’t eat regular pasta much anymore, so did you feel a difference between your capellini and the sweet potato noodles?

Cow

Honestly, I think I prefer the capellini. I digest it just fine, and it keeps me full and warm for quite a while, but I still don't know what to think about wheat. But I wonder if the fact that I enjoy it so much might make up for any wheat badness. The glass noodles were okay, but did not bring nearly as much pleasure and satisfaction. Was it you or someone else here who wrote about not eating things that they don't really love anymore. I feel the same.

Honestly, I think I prefer the capellini. I digest it just fine, and it keeps me full and warm for quite a while, but I still don't know what to think about wheat. But I wonder if the fact that I enjoy it so much might make up for any wheat badness. The glass noodles were okay, but did not bring nearly as much pleasure and satisfaction. Was it you or someone else here who wrote about not eating things that they don't really love anymore. I feel the same.

I eat everything I love, except wheat. I love a a good croissant, but I feel like the wheat starts an addictive cycle of me wanting more. Oats seem to make my teeth sensitive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom