What is the single most important lesson you have learned thus far?

Warrior

Its a tough question, often hard to pick just one that we class as the best so instead lets just share whatever popped into our heads and if you later recollect another gem feel free to reply again and share that with the massive.

I'll get the ball rolling with:

When people show you who the are, believe them.

Masks always slip. Always. Thing is if you're invested in the concept they present you miss that which smiles and is a villain beneath which is the really real. Very valuable insight as not all possess the honor they profess in your presence and its quite amazing the lengths some will go to to get you to believe their deception on the surface that lacks all depth and becomes Self evident when battle tested and you gotta go for Self.

That in itself is epidemic these days on the net where people are so heavily dissonant whilst image building to seem that which they wish to be versus one sitting scrolling in their undergarments.

What about you? What is the single most important lesson you have learned thus far whilst strolling around this planet in the flesh? I'm listening...

JamesGatz

" The concept of “mental health” in our society is defined largely by the extent to which an individual behaves in accord with the needs of the system and does so without showing signs of stress

Our society tends to regard as a sickness any mode of thought or behavior that is inconvenient for the system and this is plausible because when an individual doesn't fit into the system it causes pain to the individual as well as problems for the system. Thus the manipulation of an individual to adjust him to the system is seen as a cure for a sickness and therefore as good "

OP
Warrior

Warrior

" The concept of “mental health” in our society is defined largely by the extent to which an individual behaves in accord with the needs of the system and does so without showing signs of stress

Our society tends to regard as a sickness any mode of thought or behavior that is inconvenient for the system and this is plausible because when an individual doesn't fit into the system it causes pain to the individual as well as problems for the system. Thus the manipulation of an individual to adjust him to the system is seen as a cure for a sickness and therefore as good "

Wonderful, Lennon said a similar thing:

and I genuinely feel that those with the light within still shining intuit this on some level. The sad part is that most of those that do grok this don't wish to actually do anything proactive and will run shrieking from the solution due to the effectiveness of the Systems conditioning because the most powerful tool in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

It takes a large amount of clarity and security in Self to see this hence why I've said only 8% of the populace truly comprehend in another thread.

Its wild how we're born overflowing with Inner Sense and this glow dims after being processed into the Adulterated and nobody, nobody at all questions this madness and just accepts it. Not only that but they propagate it from a position of ignorance that is all together untenable when examined in the cold light of day but they wish to cling to their illusions whilst hoping for change when it simply does not work that way.

No wonder they said "Some minds can't be unplugged, they will rebel and fight to maintain their state" in the Matrix back when as that is exactly how it is. People have been effectively conditioned and thus cannot see the bars of the Mind Made Prison.

But they feel them... Oh they certainly feel them and their conduct is a window which offers insight into their suffering that they frequently dare not acknowledge as they manufacture proof as they lie to themselves.

It takes a lot of strength to be flexible. By their words, deeds and actions shall ye know them...

Last edited:

Ben.

Most important lesson? Mhhhh ...
The realization that my "self" was never wrong but the fundament it had to grow and operate on was severly compromised. Thats what kept me going thus far despite the lifelimiting horrors. Prolly will get alot of disagreement for it and it does not relate to the other two posts above but i'd say:

The internal integrity of ones phyisological makeup along with the efficiency of its cellular processes fundamentally determines the experience the individual will have walking the unfathomable beauty and horror that is planet earth. In real time can manipulation of this massive bio-machinery turn a person to one of the greatest that has ever walked among its kind or as a polar opposite transform it into a abomination not capable of experiencing even a mere resemblance of joy.

Ones literal internal self ought to be healed and cured for it will solve and rid us of a multitude of manmade issues alongside with it it will rid us of pseudoscientific and delusional concepts of how health, emotions and the mind works. Confidence, resilence to stressors and success in life will come not easy but naturally without needing a lifetime subscription of antidepressants, stimulants and hourly psychotherapy sessions.
States of energy, flow, joy or happiness will occur more often without a seemingly necessary reason for it.

The state of real radiating health seems to be ... even more so in our polluted world ... a privilege of the very very few.

Makes me wonder - Perhaps this ideal state rarely ever existed troughout humanity ... since have we not been invaded and manipulated by organisms not even visible to our mere eyes from the very beginning?

ElmerElmer

That I have been very wrong in the past, and I should expect to be wrong in the future. I wasted 8 years of my young adulthood chasing after a bodybuilders physique and never had anything to show for it. I obsessed over paleo/keto/fasting regiments, and I thought I knew everything there was to know about nutrition and training. In the end there was never any 'proof in the pudding'. At some point you have to had make some progress. If not you have to accept you are wrong and start looking for other explainations for how things work. Wound up here and its been a great boon for my life. Perhaps if I had questioned my thinking earlier I could have saved myself some trouble. There were definitely some signs I overlooked if I think back. The lesson applied for me outside nutrition as well, but too personal to post here.

Also, I know you said single thing, but I also had some positive changes in my life after taking up the stance that we should spend our energy on things we have some control over. At one point I wasted a lot of time on politics, but all it ever did was make me frustrated and angry. I personally have zero power in government outside of my votes, and I don't think my opinion carries much weight in online or offline discourse. So for me, it was a waste to spend much time thinking about such things. Focusing my energy in a much smaller, personal sphere has been much more fufilling. That said I have been subjected to a fair amount of criticism for declining to hold political stances, but I think it has still been a net positive in my life.

Momma

That I have been very wrong in the past, and I should expect to be wrong in the future. I wasted 8 years of my young adulthood chasing after a bodybuilders physique and never had anything to show for it. I obsessed over paleo/keto/fasting regiments, and I thought I knew everything there was to know about nutrition and training. In the end there was never any 'proof in the pudding'. At some point you have to had make some progress. If not you have to accept you are wrong and start looking for other explainations for how things work. Wound up here and its been a great boon for my life. Perhaps if I had questioned my thinking earlier I could have saved myself some trouble. There were definitely some signs I overlooked if I think back. The lesson applied for me outside nutrition as well, but too personal to post here.
Insightful. Welcome and thank you for sharing.

ElmerElmer

Its a tough question, often hard to pick just one that we class as the best...
I think there is some truth here. However in my own life it was less of me seeing the 'mask slipping' and more of me needing to recognize the obvious. I do agree with you though, and I think it is an important lesson.

Most important lesson? Mhhhh ...
You left a lot to unpack in what you wrote. Your description of the ideal state reminds me of the champions from The Illiad and The Odyssesy. Descendents of gods, towering over other mortals, blessed in battle, etc.. But yes, we should acknowledge and accept that the hand we are dealt in life may not be perfect or may even be horrific, but I think it is worth marching on, hopefully towards a brighter future

Insightful. Welcome and thank you for sharing.
thank you

Last edited:

DBCoast

You have to figure it out and do it on your own. No one can do it for you.

OP
Warrior

Warrior

Because he didn’t say the Person of Jesus. Who, although not popular or PC to say, is the Truth; or the opposite of a lie.

Could you clarify what you mean please? Religion is fake but Jesus isn't? What is your perspective and how do you decide that "everything is fake but this, this isn't".

Momma

Could you clarify what you mean please? Religion is fake but Jesus isn't? What is your perspective and how do you decide that "everything is fake but this, this isn't".
Religion is man made.

Last edited:
OP
Warrior

Warrior

How would you know who Jesus was without it? That seems a bit confusing.

How do you decide what to accept and what to reject? On what basis or insight do you make that decision.

What an interesting perspective though. Genuinely interested to hear the thought process behind this.

Perry Staltic

Do you take issue with this?

Pure and undefiled religion before GOD and the father is this: to be visiting orphans and widows in their affliction, to be keeping oneself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

Perry Staltic

How would you know who Jesus was without it? That seems a bit confusing.
How do you decide what to accept and what to reject? On what basis or insight do you make that decision.
What an interesting perspective though. Genuinely interested to hear the thought process behind this.

Through the words recorded by godly men and the inward witness of the spirit of God that they are true.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals