What is the best starch?

VitoScaletta

I think white rice is good and it's what I consume now.

Potatoes are from the nightshade family and I don't like the idea of consuming them and stopped entirely after eating potatoes for 2 years. I think it is okay to consume them in minimal amount every once in a while, but ideally not every day and best to rely on other foods/vegetables.

Buckwheat has very good magnesium content but also moderate levels of oxalic acid and oxalates (?) like most high magnesium sources. Probably good once in a while.

Any other, better starches?

aniciete

I think it comes down to what you tolerate the best. Some do great on lots of potatoes while others get intense symptoms from just eating one.

BeanSprouts

All you have to do is boil your vegetables to remove the oxalates. People who think vegetables will instantly kill you are falling for the misinformation spread by carnivore diet grifters. From there, just pick what you like to eat and what doesn't upset your stomach.

Veritas IV

I think white rice is good and it's what I consume now.

Potatoes are from the nightshade family and I don't like the idea of consuming them and stopped entirely after eating potatoes for 2 years. I think it is okay to consume them in minimal amount every once in a while, but ideally not every day and best to rely on other foods/vegetables.

Buckwheat has very good magnesium content but also moderate levels of oxalic acid and oxalates (?) like most high magnesium sources. Probably good once in a while.

Any other, better starches?
Heavily discussed, and will agree with the previous posters, it depends on the individual and also how the food is prepped.

As for potatoes, as long as you tolerate them well then peeling, boiling, eating them warm along with good fats is often ideal. Personally i use butter and coconut oil for that. Potato types differ since certain ones have higher protein, double even. Others have more sugars and less starch when raw, but boiling them converts quite a bit of starch to simpler sugars anyway.

Another method to make potatoes easier to digest is to add sodium bicarbonate to the water in the last 5-7 minutes of the boil, i'd say around one solid table spoon to a liter of pot water. It's the alkanizing properies you're looking for, which means calcium hydroxide ought to work too but i've never tried it (they use it with corn flour recipes btw). Sodium bicarbonate can also be used with pasta/noodles but i'd only give them 2 to 3 minutes approx. I'd advise a quick cool water rinse after with just a bit of water, but not enough to completely cool it off. Here's a similar but altered recipe. Test on a small batch first before trying it on the family's dinner, it has potential to alkanize red tomato sauce so be aware, that final rinse is important. It definitely helps me personally with digestion, but i'm also one who has few problems with it to begin with.

I like white rice a lot too btw , it had helped me cut back drastically on wheat products bread/pasta etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals