Vegetable Juices

ursidae

A thread to discuss your experience with vegetable juices and to share any healing practices that incorporate them

Jennifer

I consumed raw vegetable juice (mainly parsley, cilantro, kale and celery) for a brief time while following RBTI—I stopped because it was crashing my blood sugar—and raw celery juice as my main sodium source while following Dr. Morse’s work. Now, I keep my pantry stocked with cartons of a salty veggie broth for the times when I experience a migraine and subsequent vomiting from overeating or going overboard with fiber. Veggie broth and coconut water relieve my symptoms like nothing else.

OP
U

ursidae

Raw celery juice destroyed my gut like nothing else
What exactly did it do- gastritis, feeding SIBO, entero/colitis? And what do you attribute it to - oxalates, (organic) pesticides, bacteria?

aniciete

What exactly did it do- gastritis, feeding SIBO, entero/colitis? And what do you attribute it to - oxalates, (organic) pesticides, bacteria?
Not exactly sure what happened, but I developed painful hemorrhoids/bleeding. I just know I won’t be trying it again.

OP
U

ursidae

I consumed raw vegetable juice (mainly parsley, cilantro, kale and celery) for a brief time while following RBTI—I stopped because it was crashing my blood sugar—and raw celery juice as my main sodium source while following Dr. Morse’s work. Now, I keep my pantry stocked with cartons of a salty veggie broth for the times when I experience a migraine and subsequent vomiting from overeating or going overboard with fiber. Veggie broth and coconut water relieve my symptoms like nothing else.
I have never heard of RBTI, reading about it right now. When I drink as little as 300 ml celery it eliminates all salt cravings for 1-2 days even though that's less than 20% of the RDI, it reduces cravings for green foods too. 500 ml of vegetable juice (celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger, white/purple carrot, a tart green apple) has been very hydrating to me and always results in a bowel movement. Mineral content of today's juice was 150 mg Mg, 2500 mg K, 350 mg Na, 275 mg Ca

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

Not exactly sure what happened, but I developed painful hemorrhoids/bleeding. I just know I won’t be trying it again.
That is troubling. It's not the first report I see of celery juice causing problems- for others it caused gastritis and exacerbated SIBO. Might not be safe after all. I do get nausea if I drink vegetable juice too fast. I avoid the oxalate bombs like beets altogether as the last time I did it the nausea was intense and lasted for over an hour.

Jennifer

I have never heard of RBTI, reading about it right now. When I drink as little as 300 ml celery it eliminates all salt cravings for 1-2 days even though that's less than 20% of the RDI, it reduces cravings for green foods too. 500 ml of vegetable juice (celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger, white/purple carrot, a tart green apple) has been very hydrating to me and always results in a bowel movement. Mineral content of today's juice was 150 mg Mg, 2500 mg K, 350 mg Na, 275 mg Ca

I’ve come across quite a few accounts of people following the celery juice cleanse who experience(d) a laxative effect. I don’t recall it ever having that effect on me but like you, just a small amount eliminated my salt cravings for days at a time so I drank it only a few times a week. I experience the same thing with milk—it eliminates my salt cravings. My sister-in-law ended up having major digestive issues following the Medical Medium’s recommendation of having raw celery juice every morning on an empty stomach so it definitely seems to be an issue for some people. I don’t know how much it matters but when I have veggie juice now, it’s always in cooked/broth form.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals