Unimaginable Possibilities & Impossible Minds (with photos)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Remembering yourself as the one whose future is always in question, in doubt and open, you know where youthful energy lives, and I think it starts to feel as though gravity is pulling for you, making things roll toward you-that is, things indicate where they need to go, so it is not necessary to plan, instead, to keep perceiving the possibilities as they open up better generalities.” —Ray Peat

calendargirls

Tell me about this piece of yours?
There's a health related story surrounding this one. Back in 2016 after a very stressful life event I had what was considered by the doctors I was seeing at the time a manic episode. During that time of high energy (fueled by adrenaline and stress hormones, no doubt) I started collaging with some Anthropologie catalogs I had lying around. I think keeping my hands busy kept me (mostly) out of trouble during that time.

I've kept doing it every since, though not lately. I've determined over the course of the last few months that the event above along with all of the bouts of depression, chronic fatigue, digestive issues and other symptoms were certainly a result of hypothyroidism and estrogen dominance. I'm making serious headway in resolving these issues and I am hoping to get back to my collaging soon, perhaps by turning it into a little business.

I have collages like this all over my apartment but the purple one you posted is definitely the best one I've ever made. A little bit of crazy is good for art ;) Unfortunately in my fervor I glued all of the pieces directly to the backing of a cheap Ikea frame I had lying around, so it will be difficult to frame it again without significant expense. Thanks for asking about it :)

calendargirls

I like your little Christmas tree swap for a bookmark! Like you, I have have been liking the subtler artful additions around my house, that can carry my through the whole winter. Here are some of mine. This IS fun sharing ideas!
That wooden piece of furniture is stunning! I love your taste. Very subtle and refined.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I have spoken to several people who told me that their doctors had diagnosed them as “both hypothyroid and hyperthyroid.” Although physicists can believe in things which are simultaneously both particles and not particles, I think biology (and medicine, as far as it is biologically based) should occupy a world in which things are not simultaneously themselves and their opposites. Those illogical, impossible diagnoses make it clear that the rules for interpreting test results have in some situations lost touch with reality.” -Ray Peat​

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral.”

-Mahatma Gandhi

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The successes of even a good metaphor can cause people to neglect details that could support a more complete and accurate image of reality.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• F51F88DB-1F9E-4EAE-BB9D-4E884DB45FC5.jpeg
    F51F88DB-1F9E-4EAE-BB9D-4E884DB45FC5.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 19
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“And finally, some food for thought. What would happen to a person who gets periodic blood transfusions from another person, to mimic the memory/personality transfer as per the first study I posted? Would they, over time, become the same person as the blood donor? Or maybe become capable of "telepathy" with that person as Peat suggested? Or, if the human "soul" is really a vortex in the neutrino sea (as Peat also suggested), then if one of these "entangled" people "dies" then the other one would be able to still communicate with them? This phenomenon has been reported extensively in twins, who share identical DNA/RNA and would likely have access to the same subset of the "ethereal" plane (neutrino sea) I mentioned in another post.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Unlike the Chinese balloon that was shot down earlier this month which the US claims was an instrument of espionage, as of this writing there’s still no solid consensus as to what these last three objects were or where they came from. While all three were found at high altitude like the balloon, the Pentagon is refusing to classify them as such, with the head of US Northern Command General Glen VanHerck going as far as to say it hadn’t yet been determined how these objects are even staying aloft.

“I’m not going to categorize them as balloons. We’re calling them objects for a reason,” VanHerck told the press on Sunday. “I’m not able to categorize how they stay aloft. It could be a gaseous type of balloon inside a structure or it could be some type of a propulsion system. But clearly, they’re — they’re able to stay aloft.”

VanHerck also made headlines for saying he couldn’t rule out extraterrestrial origin for the objects.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I found this strange egg in my dozen today. It is the most bizarre egg I have ever seen! I fear to know what is inside.

Attachments

• 0385FA7B-D748-4F7C-82F7-68B9C2AD7688.jpeg
    0385FA7B-D748-4F7C-82F7-68B9C2AD7688.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 75DB7D9E-20CE-405A-B3D1-9AECE5C3C75A.jpeg
    75DB7D9E-20CE-405A-B3D1-9AECE5C3C75A.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 13
  • E2F8ECC2-8AAD-41F5-BC57-FD3C64B1E6C2.jpeg
    E2F8ECC2-8AAD-41F5-BC57-FD3C64B1E6C2.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When walking barefoot, there are certain points of our feet that are stimulated. This causes us to be more observant of the paths we are walking on. Walking with shoes, on the other hand, prevents our feet from exploring the textures of various natural surfaces such as sand, mud, and grass. By walking with bare feet, the natural surfaces stimulate the pressure points and nerve ends. This results in making us more active, aware, and alert.

An orthopedic surgeon, Jonathan Kaplan, informs us that walking barefoot restores our natural walking pattern or otherwise known as gait. This results in improving our senses and having better control of foot position and balance. This leads to increased alertness in our minds and bodies, which ultimately enhance our senses.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A group that was active in the 1950s, called Synectics, developed several mental procedures that they found to be useful in teaching people to solve problems creatively. These included ways to improve thinking by analogy, to get people out of the ruts of conventional thinking. Personification, fantasy, biological imagery, “making the familiar strange,” they found, seemed to tap into natural biological and mental processes to increase the ability to direct energy toward valid solutions to practical or artistic problems. They found that experts had to overcome their special knowledge before they could usefully solve problems in “their field,” and they showed that much of the mystery could be removed from the creative process. Simply putting aside dogmatic mental frameworks was crucial.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals