Undecenoic Acid, Is It PUFA And Bad?

Sanjutsi

Undecenoic acid is also known as 10-undecenoic acid, Undecylenic acid, and Undec-10-enoic acid. Pubchem describes it as a naturally occurring fatty acid with antifungal properties. 10-Undecenoic acid is derived from castor bean oil. It is produced by cracking of castor-oil under pressure and is a foul smelling liquid. 10-undecenoic acid also occurs naturally in the body (in sweat) in small amounts. It is a popular treatment for Candida.

My question is, before I dive into the Undecenoic acid pool- is it PUFA and therefor bad for our hair/health?

Luann

"Undecylenic acid is an organic compound with the formula CH₂=CH(CH₂)₈CO₂H. It is an unsaturated fatty acid and forms a colorless oil at room temperature and pressure"

this from wiki so your answer is yes it's PUFA

OP
S

Sanjutsi

Thanks Liubo, I read somewhere that it is monounsaturated, is it then a Mufa or is it still bad?

Luann

Oops, it's a monounsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fats are less bad because your body makes some out of saturated fats, and you can't avoid having some MUFA in you.

If you try it and get some good result it's ok for you. Just not too much because monounsaturated can still be subject to stress and cause damage.

there are a ton of people who say it has helped them like a miracle...people who say they are afflicted by candida.

There are too many success stories to ignore.

Inaut

Wondering if anybody has tried taking frozen castor oil capsules? Apparently it makes its way to the small intestines before being hydrolyzed into acids. This method also apparently bypasses the laxative effect and works strictly as a anti-bacterial/viral. Just put some castor oil in a roll of tin foil in the freezer. It takes about a week to freeze (also apparently) so i will test it out when it’s solid. I really love castor oil for some reason

Breadpill

Wondering if anybody has tried taking frozen castor oil capsules? Apparently it makes its way to the small intestines before being hydrolyzed into acids. This method also apparently bypasses the laxative effect and works strictly as a anti-bacterial/viral. Just put some castor oil in a roll of tin foil in the freezer. It takes about a week to freeze (also apparently) so i will test it out when it’s solid. I really love castor oil for some reason
How did this work out?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals