Ubiquitous food dye causes inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...by increasing serotonin

haidut

Forum Supporter
It is rare these days to get a so-called "one-two punch" study. Namely, a study that not only discovers that instead of a genetic (medicine's favorite) there is a purely environmental (and man-made at that) cause of yet another chronic, degenerative conditions medicine considers incurable, but also the mechanism of action through which the environmental assault directly causes said condition is by elevating the levels of a substance in the body mainstream medicine trumpets as the best thing since sliced bread, and in fact sells drugs designed specifically to raise the levels of said substance. Hold on there, Georgi! Are you saying that medicine may actually be causing said chronic degenerative condition by selling toxic drugs?!? Well, it certainly seems that way, based on the study below. Namely, the widely used food dye known as "Allura Red AC" (also known as FD&C Red 40 and Food Red 17) was shown to be able to directly trigger IBD, and the mechanism of action through which this "harmless" food ingredient achieved that feat was by increasing the production of serotonin in the gut. Now, while increased gut serotonin production is not exactly the same as taking one of the (in)famous SSRI drugs, the systemic effects are quite similar. So, knowing the ubiquity of that food dye and the absolutely massive usage of SSRI drugs, even a layman like me could come to the conclusion that yet another class of chronic/degenerative diseases is likely entirely man-made, and since colon cancer is often the logical conclusion of IBD, that the skyrocketing rates of that cancer can also likely be covered by the same explanation/cause. And if you thought the news could not get any worse, the study also claims that this food dye is most commonly used on products for children, since they find the color attractive. Hhhm, I wonder what could explain the recent catastrophic findings that colon cancer rates are rising with scary speed in the youngest patients, while stabilizing or even declining in those over 50...

Popular food dye could trigger inflammatory bowel disease
Study shows common synthetic food dye as a potential dietary trigger for IBDs

"...Long-term consumption of Allura Red food dye can be a potential trigger of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs), Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, says McMaster University's Waliul Khan. Researchers using experimental animal models of IBD found that continual exposure to Allura Red AC harms gut health and promotes inflammation. The dye directly disrupts gut barrier function and increases the production of serotonin, a hormone/neurotransmitter found in the gut, which subsequently alters gut microbiota composition leading to increased susceptibility to colitis. Khan said Allura Red (also called FD&C Red 40 and Food Red 17), is a common ingredient in candies, soft drinks, dairy products and some cereals. The dye is used to add color and texture to foodstuffs, often to attract children."

yerrag

That is a very common food coloring. Somehow I have that etched on my mind. for its ubiquity since my childhood.

Glad I only notice it not because I use products containing it a lot, but only because FD&C has a ring to it.

Makes me wonder if my 2 nephews having colitis has anything to do with their having more exposure to FD&C 40 that gets more widespread in processed foods over time.

It's better late than never, but this subtle poisoning has been going on for a long time.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That is a very common food coloring. Somehow I have that etched on my mind. for its ubiquity since my childhood.

Glad I only notice it not because I use products containing it a lot, but only because FD&C has a ring to it.

Makes me wonder if my 2 nephews having colitis has anything to do with their having more exposure to FD&C 40 that gets more widespread in processed foods over time.

It's better late than never, but this subtle poisoning has been going on for a long time.

Colitis in young children, except acute attacks in babies, is quite rare and almost always driven by an external cause. Artificial food dyes would be a prime suspect to me, as would things like titanium dioxide or talc.

yerrag

@haidut I wonder if the dye also has anything to do with the observation that children raised in the US are 'hyper,' given the dye being causative with higher seroronin levels.

Add: The effect of dyes might be dwarfed by the wanton use of vaccines on children though.

yerrag

@LuMonty Yes, many people outside this forum think carageenan is as healthful as gelatin.

Hans

Forum Supporter
These red dyes specifically are also the most estrogenic.

Fred

But it's FDA approved, so this can't be true. Also, the vaccine is safe.

twillisdc

This study is so validating to me. When I started having diarrhea symptoms as a young kid, I was drinking tons of Kool Aid. It only progressed as I switched to the colored sports drinks. I craved sugar (now I know it was justified) but it was always tied to twizzlers or some crap drink.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I wonder if the dye also has anything to do with the observation that children raised in the US are 'hyper,' given the dye being causative with higher seroronin levels.

Add: The effect of dyes might be dwarfed by the wanton use of vaccines on children though.

There is a large group of pediatricians claiming the epidemic of ADHD/ADD is entirely driven by those dyes. There is a famous book on the subject, which mainstream media (and medicine) spent years "debunking" when it first came out, which probably means the hypothesis is true. Even FDA's own commissioned studies confirmed the link, which led to the artificial food dyes being banned in many countries...but, of course, not in the US as the food industry got involved and declared the evidence "inconclusive". As if any evidence/topic in science is ever conclusive...
"...In 2011, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) looked at research published in the British medical journal The Lancet showing that after drinking a specially made drink containing artificial colors and preservatives, a group of children displayed what looked like the symptom of hyperactivity. Based on that research, some European countries moved to eliminate those ingredients from foods sold in those countries. An FDA committee asked if this was needed in the United States. After two days of discussion, the committee members voted to recommend no action because they felt the research from this study and other studies wasn’t clear enough to show these ingredients had caused the problem."

Don

Thanks for this !
Its crazy. I googled up some foods that could (most likely do) have it in them and it seemed mostly foods maketed to children.
Dairy like strawberry milk and yogurt, coloured breakfast cereals, most candies, soft drinks, someone above already mentioned kool aid, jello, peanut butter, popsicle, fruit bars, cake mixes, toaster pastrie/ pizz pops, canned fruit cocktails, corn and potato chips.
The list reads like a who's who of what many kids eat as food nowadays.

yerrag

There is a large group of pediatricians claiming the epidemic of ADHD/ADD is entirely driven by those dyes. There is a famous book on the subject, which mainstream media (and medicine) spent years "debunking" when it first came out, which probably means the hypothesis is true. Even FDA's own commissioned studies confirmed the link, which led to the artificial food dyes being banned in many countries...but, of course, not in the US as the food industry got involved and declared the evidence "inconclusive". As if any evidence/topic in science is ever conclusive...
"...In 2011, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) looked at research published in the British medical journal The Lancet showing that after drinking a specially made drink containing artificial colors and preservatives, a group of children displayed what looked like the symptom of hyperactivity. Based on that research, some European countries moved to eliminate those ingredients from foods sold in those countries. An FDA committee asked if this was needed in the United States. After two days of discussion, the committee members voted to recommend no action because they felt the research from this study and other studies wasn’t clear enough to show these ingredients had caused the problem."
I didn't know it goes this deep. Thanks.

It just isn't a pedestrian saying that the gut is the 2nd brain.

This has been on going for decades. I grew up with m&m's and lifesavers, and now I'm glad I only had them occasionally.

The kids have already become grandparents by now, and this may be why even in this forum, many have gut problems.

I would wonder why these kinda of gut problems aren't as common with people I hang around with in Manila. With my siblings and relatives and friends, gut issues other than the occasional constipation are not common. Although I have cousins in the provinces whose family have a few incidences of fatal colon cancer.

Mauritio

For the europeans: this is E129, very common especially in red candy! To make matters worse it can also contain aluminum, because why not ? if we're already in the process of poisoning our bodies.
Also say goodbye to haribo gummybears :(

1695844561625.png

Attachments

• 1695844566383.png
    1695844566383.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Mauritio

Andy316

Can these dyes be added to fruits, veggies and dried tea leaves? Was watching a short video on YouTube where oranges in Florida are dyed orange to make them shelf attractive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals