Thoughts on Mk-667 as an appetite stimulant?

Peater503

Have a naturally very low appetite (not exactly sure why). Heard Mk-667 is the best stuff out there to take for appetite simulation. Really *really* wanna try it out to help put on some weight.

But some people told me it causes insulin resistance (although some said only for people prone to diabetes), and that it also gives you gyno by raising prolactin.

The gyno I could live with, but the insulin resistance? I don't know...

Thoughts?

Sampa

Works great with lower dosages and much less chance to prolactin rise. If you eat clean and lift weights, insulin resistance won't be an issue. Very notable grelin and gh effects.

crsnpalmer

It has worked well for me. I use it to improve appetite, and it may have slightly improved my skin quality( could've just been from the caloric surplus improving metabolism)

I relied on THC for an appetite for 2-3 years. Ibutamoren helped me quit THC and keep a decent appetite.

The first time I used it, I did 12.5mgs M-W-F for 10 weeks. My prolactin was 7.9 ng/mL during this time.

I am currently taking 12.5mgs 5 days on 2 days off for 90 days. I will report back with what changes in my bloodwork.

The best part was not having that brain fog the next morning that I would get from THC. Cyproheptadine can be a good appetite stimulant, but it hurt motivation/drive the next day.

OP
P

Peater503

Works great with lower dosages and much less chance to prolactin rise. If you eat clean and lift weights, insulin resistance won't be an issue. Very notable grelin and gh effects.
I see, that's quite reassuring.

I also heard being lean helps with minimizing the effect on blood sugar/insulin, is there any truth to that?

OP
P

Peater503

It has worked well for me. I use it to improve appetite, and it may have slightly improved my skin quality( could've just been from the caloric surplus improving metabolism)

I relied on THC for an appetite for 2-3 years. Ibutamoren helped me quit THC and keep a decent appetite.

The first time I used it, I did 12.5mgs M-W-F for 10 weeks. My prolactin was 7.9 ng/mL during this time.

I am currently taking 12.5mgs 5 days on 2 days off for 90 days. I will report back with what changes in my bloodwork.

The best part was not having that brain fog the next morning that I would get from THC. Cyproheptadine can be a good appetite stimulant, but it hurt motivation/drive the next day.
Thank you very much for sharing.

I tried cyproheptadine with pretty high dosing for about a week (about 15mg per day for a week straight), but I stopped since it only very slightly increased my appetite, also only made me very slightly more tired than usual (no idea why the effect was so weak for me). Now I'm just taking the regular dose RP recommended of 0.5-1mg before bed for the lower stress hormone benefits.

OP
P

Peater503

If you don't mind me asking, how has MK affected your weight over those 10 weeks? Was the gain moderate or very rapid?

crsnpalmer

If you don't mind me asking, how has MK affected your weight over those 10 weeks? Was the gain moderate or very rapid?
It was "moderate", some of it is water weight. I am not sure what is considered normal or fast. I went from 172lbs to 180lbs in those 10 weeks. When I got off of it, I stayed at about 174-176lbs. I am currently on it and weight is 180-182lbs. strength on lower body movements has been increasing regularly. Upper body movements are slowly increasing. It might increase recovery, but my whoop and eight sleep trackers do not show much change in recovery ( deep sleep, hrv, etc).

OP
P

Peater503

It was "moderate", some of it is water weight. I am not sure what is considered normal or fast. I went from 172lbs to 180lbs in those 10 weeks. When I got off of it, I stayed at about 174-176lbs. I am currently on it and weight is 180-182lbs. strength on lower body movements has been increasing regularly. Upper body movements are slowly increasing. It might increase recovery, but my whoop and eight sleep trackers do not show much change in recovery ( deep sleep, hrv, etc).
Very interesting, thank you for sharing! I might do the same cycle as you but with a 25mg dose, just to really get that appetite stimulated...

crsnpalmer

Very interesting, thank you for sharing! I might do the same cycle as you but with a 25mg dose, just to really get that appetite stimulated...
Let me know how it goes!

Got my bloodwork back today: My IGF-1 is at 370 ng/dL( might be bad from a Peat perspective). Prolactin 5.9 ng/dL. A1C 5.4

Currently taking 10mgs per day in the afternoon or before dinner

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals