The importance of aerobic conditioning

spanner

“Why were his products discontinued?”
Schwartz sold off his interests to a large health conglomerate for 10s of millions which then wrote it off as a loss and never did anything with it; cue the conspiracy music from X-Files, LOL.
There are some heavy-hands-specific dumbbells, very pricey ergonomically gripped dumbbell handles with very pricey, very small screw-on weights. He may have sold the rights to those.

I never bought any because of the price per value ratio. Simple “D bells”, which are dumbbells shaped like a capital D, are my favorite for heavy hands. A 4lb and a 5lb Dbell can be gripped together to make a 9lb Dbell.

I‘ve looked into getting compact bismuth alloy “egg weights” but they’re also pricey and the D bells are fine.

I’ve also looked into getting light weight “competition style” kettlebells, such as 8kg, to do light weight long duration kettlebell exercises as “heavier hands”, but they’re also pricey and the long duration kettlebell exercises (clean and jerk cycles) could really tear up your hands.

Last edited:

cremes

BTW, I had stopped doing heavyhands for the last 30 days while I battled a cold that just wouldn't let go. I stopped for 2-3 days and then that turned into a week, etc.

Anyway, I'm phlegm free now so I've gone back to doing my level 3 swings on the 12m walk to the train (for work) and back again in the evening. When I woke up this morning after 2 days of swinging, I had a very clear idea of which muscles are used for those types of swings. Wow, it's pretty much a whole body exercise. Forearms, hands, biceps, shoulders, back, hips... what a great exercise. :)

There are some heavy-hands-specific dumbbells, very pricey ergonomically gripped dumbbell handles with very pricey, very small screw-on weights. He may have sold the rights to those. I never bought any because of the price per value ratio. Simple “D bells”, which are dumbbells shaped like a capital D, are my favorite for heavy hands. A 4lb and a 5lb Dbell can be gripped together to make a 9lb Dbell.
There are a few purveyors of adjustable heavyhands weights. I agree with your approach though. Personally, I just buy regular old 1-8 lb dumbbells and grip & swing them. I can get complete sets for under $40 whereas these specialized weights cost upwards of $100 each. No thanks.

I’ve also looked into getting light weight “competition style” kettlebells, such as 8kg, to do light weight long duration kettlebell exercises as “heavier hands”, but they’re also pricey and the long duration kettlebell exercises (clean and jerk cycles) could really tear up your hands.
Yes, Schwartz refers to kettlebells in his later books. In particular, I think the chapter on "Strength Walking" talks about them. I have 16 kg, 24 kg, and 32 kg bells. I use Pavel Tsatsouline's Simple and Sinister book as a guide for kettlebell swinging and turkish getups. These are short duration exercises so hand health remains pretty good. I haven't done any kettlebell swings since my heart attack last June but I do intend to eventually get back to them. For now the lower impact heavyhands swinging is the right choice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals