School shootings aren't as bad as the world makes them out to be

OP
Twohandsondeck
And @JamesGatz you're a wildman lol but I'm here for it. Doesn't do any harm to keep a theory on the shelf for later reference. Worst case scenario is that it never becomes relevant, which is nobody's loss.

Chad_Catholic

There's no private interpretations, yes. It's only does it say that or does it not? 1 or 0? The words are absolute.

But just because there's no private interpretations doesn't mean that each of us are allowed to make up our own rendition of it. It says what it says and words mean what they mean. It's a tragedy that so many people overcomplicate this by letting their flesh overcome the Spirit.
You contradicted yourself. How can you say in one paragraph, "there's no private interpretations", and then say in the very next paragraph that "each of us are allowed to make up our own rendition"? What you don't understand is that God created an authority to infallibly interpret His Sacred Scripture, and this is why the New Testament after the Gospels consists of how the apostles and converts to Christianity acted in unity under the leadership of St. Peter.

Perry Staltic

All of the verses I shared above are varied confirmations that a) Jesus Christ is the Word

Jesus is the word, but the bible is not the word; it's a book that witnesses of the the word. Jesus himself made that distinction:

"You search the scriptures because you think you have everlasting life in them, and they are the ones witnessing concerning me. And you do not want to come to me that you may have life." John 5:39-40

OP
Twohandsondeck
You contradicted yourself. How can you say in one paragraph, "there's no private interpretations", and then say in the very next paragraph that "each of us are allowed to make up our own rendition"?
"...doesn't mean that each of us are allowed to make up our own rendition of it."

Doesn't is a contraction for, "does not."

I'm sorry for your current loss. I hope you soon receive salvation by the name of Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:12
[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Chad_Catholic

"...doesn't mean that each of us are allowed to make up our own rendition of it."

Doesn't is a contraction for, "does not."

I'm sorry for your current loss. I hope you soon receive salvation by the name of Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:12
[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
That's not how we are saved. Since fake Christians, like yourself, interpret the Bible the way they see fit, they frequently piece together Bible verses to come to their own conclusions. The apostles did not think that people were saved by the name of Jesus Christ, no, rather they thought that people were saved by hearing the Gospel, which initially was spread orally, since no written format had existed until forty years after Christ's death and resurrection. In addition, they believed people needed to be baptized by water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, so what you suggest therefore is completely unbiblical and ahistorical.

Last edited:
OP
Twohandsondeck
@Twohandsondeck @Chad_Catholic

Neither of you is operating in the Love of God based on your comments here.
Titus 3:8-11
[8] This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Old Irenaeus

The Church founded by the apostles, which would later call itself the Catholic Church, believed in the necessity of baptism for salvation. Unborn or aborted babies suffer the pain of eternal damnation, though they will find themselves at place in Hell with no fire.

Also, Jesus fulfilled the Old Law, so your argument fails completely in that regard.
You misrepresent Catholic belief and at the same time you create a stumbling block for others to embrace the true faith by giving a presentation of it that is ugly.

OccamzRazer

Titus 3:8-11
[8] This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
What's "an heretick" ? Is that talking about me??

OccamzRazer

No matter how you look at it, whether children are saved or not, this thread is horrible and should not even be allowed here if we are being honest. The long term effect school shootings have on the surviving schoolchildren, the teachers and staff, the parents and siblings of those who were killed is horrid and immense and will linger for decades in the minds of those affected. The media doesnt even show us the real horror. No one can really illustrate the horror a parent feels unless you yourself lost a child in this way. Downplaying the effect of school shootings to any degree is a severe mistake.
💯

Yikes

Tradcucks gonna Tradcuck

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals