Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

It's almost silly how clomid has stopped my shedding, I shed like a person without MPB now, i.e barely at all.

I am keeping a VERY close eye on my hairline though (even though it is mostly transplanted) as there is a guy on reddit who said the same thing about reduced shedding, but it messed his hairline up, which really scares me !

But I have to think.. since it's stopped shedding so much, it has to be good for hair...

EDIT: If anything my problem area left side hair line seems to be improving... the only question mark is the hairline right on the center, but that is really nitpicking and it was there already..

Arrade

It's almost silly how clomid has stopped my shedding, I shed like a person without MPB now, i.e barely at all.

I am keeping a VERY close eye on my hairline though (even though it is mostly transplanted) as there is a guy on reddit who said the same thing about reduced shedding, but it messed his hairline up, which really scares me !

But I have to think.. since it's stopped shedding so much, it has to be good for hair...

EDIT: If anything my problem area left side hair line seems to be improving... the only question mark is the hairline right on the center, but that is really nitpicking and it was there already..
Glad it’s working for you man

Progesterone

@brix the sides of my head, the hair there seems to be getting thicker (it was diffusely thinning, especially on left side). Not sure why as the sides are not supposed to be affected by MPB.

But on clomid, this seems to be reversing, and that hair is thickening... god knows why. The T? increased E2?

So far so good anyways.

Oh, my beard is growing faster, 100% certain, also growing new random hairs on my hands, etc.

I am on 12.5mg/EOD.

Progesterone

I know there's SOME guys whose hair paradoxically got better on androgens (added DHT, etc), I think.

clomid seems to be androgenic in that I feel great, and beard growing faster.. BUT...

due to increased SHBG, E2, it binds a lot of the free T, DHT and whatnot floating around.

so I'm wondering, if it is working for MPB, what is the MOA here most likely..???

I did have confirmed LOW T... so perhaps it's true that LOW T environment allows more DHT to run rampant? Once I normalized my levels... it helps the system run correctly?

There seem to be a lot of men who get tested as LOW T, who also have MPB... maybe if SHBG is high, DHT level doesn't really matter as the SHBG inhibits it from doing anything..

2 of the biggest markers of premature MPB are SHBG and FSH, which clomid both boost...

brix

@brix the sides of my head, the hair there seems to be getting thicker (it was diffusely thinning, especially on left side). Not sure why as the sides are not supposed to be affected by MPB.

But on clomid, this seems to be reversing, and that hair is thickening... god knows why. The T? increased E2?

So far so good anyways.

Oh, my beard is growing faster, 100% certain, also growing new random hairs on my hands, etc.

I am on 12.5mg/EOD.

Yeah I’m thinning top, sides, and back all equally. Just like my dad and his sister weirdly. Not sure. Don’t know if it’s mpb or something else.

Progesterone

So guys...

I haven't taken clomid in 4-5 days.. and I started TOPICAL PROG ON HAIRLINE and scalp 2 days ago.

Beard growth has dramatically slowed, as of day 2.

Using a lot of prog, not sure of the amount.

Mentally I really do not feel as good... I feel sort of always dizzy.. and BLAH.

Pretty sure this is reducing DHT or something.

To be clear: on clomid, shedding reduced incredibly. But I question if my hair in center is thinning slightly on it, and question if my hairline center, right side, is thinning ever so slightly. Feel absolutely FANTASTIC on clomid. In comparison, I hate to say it, but I feel like crap on Progesterone :(

Going to see how my hair does on applying topical prog directly on head going forward, and no clomid for now.

I can always add the clomid back in later, or maybe take it at a reduced frequency or dosage even.

Clomid is such good stuff, I cannot recommend it enough, if you are actually low T. I just want to be sure it isn't negatively affecting hair.

Oh, and I'm not shedding yet... (4-5 days off clomid) let's see if that begins again.

Progesterone

Clomid deffo causes hairloss in a lot of people. Read many threads on it.

I'm aware of those..

I did read 1 guy who stopped his shedding and thickened his hair though.

It stopped my hair shedding though.. better than anything else.

Blue09

Its really strange thats happened ive never read that before. Ive only ever read bad things about clomid hair wise. I have taken it many times and i must say its never helped my hair at all. What dose are you taking and for how long?

Progesterone

Its really strange thats happened ive never read that before. Ive only ever read bad things about clomid hair wise. I have taken it many times and i must say its never helped my hair at all. What dose are you taking and for how long?

Really????

I was taking 12.5mg daily... then 12.5mg EOD for only a short time.

I was on clomid from Aug 30, 2017 until Sep 16, 2018 (i think).

I wish it was pro-hair for sure as clomid makes me feel so good :(

How was clomid not good for your hair? did you shed more???? or?????

Arrade

Really????

I was taking 12.5mg daily... then 12.5mg EOD for only a short time.

I was on clomid from Aug 30, 2017 until Sep 16, 2018 (i think).

I wish it was pro-hair for sure as clomid makes me feel so good :(

How was clomid not good for your hair? did you shed more???? or?????
It's an estrogen blocker I think so it causes no protection against androgens
But learning from this forum that may not be the real cause

I agree with @Blue09 I've mainly heard bad things hair wise with SERM use. Just a heads up not my opinion

Blue09

Ive used it after cycles in high doses and used it just to raise test in low doses like you used it. Its a brilliant drug and raises test like a charm but my hair has always shed and it was no different on clomid maybe a little bit more.

Progesterone

It's an estrogen blocker I think so it causes no protection against androgens
But learning from this forum that may not be the real cause

I agree with @Blue09 I've mainly heard bad things hair wise with SERM use. Just a heads up not my opinion

It blocks estrogen in the Pituitary but overall raises serum E2... there's talks that in blocks estrogen in many more issues as well but... a lot of guys get ESTROGENIC SIDES (mood, etc, some even gyno) so it's hit/miss it seems..

It stopped my shedding, but I THINK, it potentially hurt hairline in 1 spot, perhaps, and MAYBE was thinning out top of head.

At any rate, I am back on prog, day 3, using it DIRECTLY ON SCALP this time, so far so good.

Progesterone

Ive used it after cycles in high doses and used it just to raise test in low doses like you used it. Its a brilliant drug and raises test like a charm but my hair has always shed and it was no different on clomid maybe a little bit more.

Yes, it certainly does work like a charm to raise test, and fast. I really felt the difference.

I did notice at certain times the top of my head would be itchy btw (it usually never is) but since shedding was down to almost zero I didn't give it any thought.

There's a guy on reddit who said, it also stopped his shedding but messed up his hairline - this COULD have been what I was trending towards, so I've stopped it for now.

Beard growth has already slowed so much, off clomid and on prog.

Blue09

I want to try low dose dhea but no sure as it can cause hairloss too. All i want to do is raise my test but keep my hair.

Progesterone

I want to try low dose dhea but no sure as it can cause hairloss too. All i want to do is raise my test but keep my hair.

Dude. I felt so good on clomid :(

Not like I was even ON anything, just felt good, period.

Test = <3

Do you find prog is helpful for hair?

I really believe it lowers androgens now..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals