Saturated vs Unsaturated Fat | Eat or Avoid?

kimbriel

Well, both extemes are deadly for different reasons. It's interesting though that about 50% of those who get a heart attack have optimal cholesterol levels. Rather than this being taken as a hint for something else being behind heart disease than cholesterol, it's been concluded that even stricter optimal value ranges are needed. Seems strange.
I've actually read that here in the US, 75% of people who have heart attacks have normal cholesterol, so it's like 🤷‍♀️

Not to make light of high cholesterol - it can be deadly (although Dr. Peat's healthy ranges are higher than what doctors say). But most of the time it's a *thyroid* problem - they need T3 - and instead they're put on a statin. I would rather eat an entire bus tire than ever take a statin.

mostlylurking

Well, both extemes are deadly for different reasons. It's interesting though that about 50% of those who get a heart attack have optimal cholesterol levels. Rather than this being taken as a hint for something else being behind heart disease than cholesterol, it's been concluded that even stricter optimal value ranges are needed. Seems strange.
It doesn't seem strange if you view it from their perspective and know their agenda.

Last edited:

kimbriel

It doesn't seem strange if you view it from their perspective and know their agenda.
True. I actually believe that the pharma companies got together to push Levo and other synthetic T4 meds, based on TSH levels. It makes no sense because it's absolutely the worst way to treat thyroid... unless you realize that untreated and improperly treated thyroid causes a multitude of other problems, you can then push pharma drugs for... statins, blood pressure drugs, psych drugs, weight loss drugs... etc etc. Pharma had an agenda and the stupid henchmen (doctors as a whole) fell for it. And thyroid patients needlessly suffer in a slow march towards death.

mostlylurking

True. I actually believe that the pharma companies got together to push Levo and other synthetic T4 meds, based on TSH levels. It makes no sense because it's absolutely the worst way to treat thyroid... unless you realize that untreated and improperly treated thyroid causes a multitude of other problems, you can then push pharma drugs for... statins, blood pressure drugs, psych drugs, weight loss drugs... etc etc. Pharma had an agenda and the stupid henchmen (doctors as a whole) fell for it. And thyroid patients needlessly suffer in a slow march towards death.
Read through this pamphlet. Double click on the image to enlarge it. It's promoted by the American Thyroid Association. I'm telling you, it's a demonic scheme.

It's pretty obvious that the American Thyroid Association is a captured entity.

Last edited:

kimbriel

This is an infuriating pamphlet, mostlylurking. Start with the idea that Levothyroxine is doing anything beneficial, and you're down a bad road. They have blood on their hands.

mostlylurking

This is an infuriating pamphlet, mostlylurking. Start with the idea that Levothyroxine is doing anything beneficial, and you're down a bad road. They have blood on their hands.
Yes they do. I was prescribed levothyroxine for 18 years before I finally found a doctor who put me on Armour and saved my life. A few years later, the Texas state medical board revoked his license. There were other sins involved of course, like refusing to computerize his patients' records.

kimbriel

Yes they do. I was prescribed levothyroxine for 18 years before I finally found a doctor who put me on Armour and saved my life. A few years later, the Texas state medical board revoked his license. There were other sins involved of course, like refusing to computerize his patients' records.

I created my own regimen using T3 from Mexico but then found a doctor who would support that just in case my HMO wanted to play hardball. If I'd listened to my HMO doctors, I'd still be obese with no energy. As it is, I now have the metabolism of a child, and all my health markers are improving.

mostlylurking

I created my own regimen using T3 from Mexico but then found a doctor who would support that just in case my HMO wanted to play hardball. If I'd listened to my HMO doctors, I'd still be obese with no energy. As it is, I now have the metabolism of a child, and all my health markers are improving.
That's great news! I'm so glad you are doing well!!

kimbriel

That's great news! I'm so glad you are doing well!!

Thank you! I still have a ways to go. Right now I'm working hard on liver support. So, I eat grassfed beef liver jerky and take grassfed liver capsules. I did a flush. The main concern I have is my very, very low cholesterol, which is a cancer risk. And as you know, I have already been through that, and have no desire to go through it again.

mostlylurking

I eat grassfed beef liver jerky
ick. Sounds dreadful. Do you know how to cook? Here's my liver recipe; I use Skylark sliced calves' liver, available in the US in the freezer section at the grocery store.

Slowly, over low heat, saute a very finely chopped medium sized shallot in butter for about 5 minutes. Don't let it brown. Add about 3 tablespoons of red port wine (I use Taylor's). Put on low low heat and let it barely simmer for 15-20 minutes. The goal is to reduce the port and burn off the alcohol.

Meanwhile, take a piece of frozen liver in its individual freezer wrapper and put it in warm water for about 5 minutes to thaw. Then cut open the plastic bag and slide the liver into a container with milk to cover and soak for 10 minutes. Heat a little coconut oil or some butter in a pan on medium/medium high heat. When hot, take the liver out of the milk (hang by hand or fork until it stops dripping milk), lay it in the pan and flash cook it 2-3 minutes per side (it's about 1/4 inch thick and cooks really fast). Put the cooked liver on a warm plate, top with the shallots and port. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. If you have some well cooked mushrooms, they make a good side dish to go with the liver & shallots. Yum!
The main concern I have is my very, very low cholesterol,
go here: bioenergetic search. Type in "low cholesterol". You can read the snippets from the audio shows that mention low cholesterol. Ray Peat said fruit is the best way to raise low cholesterol. I hope this helps.

Pregnenolone would probably be helpful to supplement as it is the first thing cholesterol turns into before turning into the protective hormones. Search for "pregnenolone" on the same search engine as above to learn about it. Or search for it on this Peat oriented search engine. Use the cell that omits the forum. Scroll down past the hits that direct you away from Peat's website. Look for raypeat.com in the search results list.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals