Rosacea

Korven

what about hypochlorous acid, did it lose effectiveness? I got some back when you mentioned it and it worked even for acne for a while then I suddenly became intolerant and now it breaks me out

It did provide some relief from symptoms but was not a cure, I still had the uneven 'rice grain in every pore' skin texture. That and the swimming pool smell.

ZZ cream fixes the root cause, albeit rather slowly and painfully.

Korven

I have slight rosacea that I got from acne on my nose, just bought ZZ cream after reading this thread. I'll provide feedback.

Bro that is a great user name, need to listen to some Yngwie now!

Should mention that you only need a very little amount of the zz cream and it is more effective when diluted with water.

GorillaHead

Yall keep me updated on this zz cream. I have a bunch of seabceous filaments on my nose and my mother has rosacea i would love to help her cure it.

RealNeat

It did provide some relief from symptoms but was not a cure, I still had the uneven 'rice grain in every pore' skin texture. That and the swimming pool smell.

ZZ cream fixes the root cause, albeit rather slowly and painfully.
Is this the ZZ Cream being talked about?

Cosmetic ZZ Cream Amazon product ASIN B07RJP26FGView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJP26FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gl_i_82G11CZ1N53WADSRBP70

If so couldn't one make a much cleaner version using zinc oxide and FOS?

Peating Force

That's the one I bought.

Apparently, someone did as on the website I ordered it they were saying that their German partner in Europe stopped selling their cream to self-produce. I may try theirs in the future but for starter I wanted the genuine one lol.

Update after almost a month: the rosacea didn't disappear but got slightly clearer. It didn't go as worse as advertised it would in the beginning (still got some nasty white heads from time to time).
I am also trying to use it on cystic acne that I got after a weekend of debauchery and me being on a cut: got great result on my face for now. Absolutely nothing worked against it before but could be placebo, need to use it more this way to prove efficacy.

Bro that is a great user name, need to listen to some Yngwie now!
Thanks, took me some time to come with a heavy metal pun hehe.

Korven

Is this the ZZ Cream being talked about?

Cosmetic ZZ Cream Amazon product ASIN B07RJP26FGView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJP26FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gl_i_82G11CZ1N53WADSRBP70

Yeah that is the one. ZZ cream contains a bunch of other stuff (blend of TCM herbs, menthol etc ) besides the zinc and sulfur. I agree it would be better to make your own clean version without the chemical, but I am not sure if it would be as effective. Lots of rosacea people swear by ZZ cream after having tried "everything" with no luck. I have personally tried both topical sulfur and zinc (*though not at the same time) but did not get the same positive effect.

Peating Force

Another update: had to stop using the cream as with the sunny days and me being out often (beach, festivals) my rosacea went through a flare-up in may.

But I have it under control now thanks to a new miracle product that helps for my acne, rosacea and ibs at the same time: bone broth.
I think I'll use the cream again when the gray days are back. I still have about half of it so I may try to "definitely" get rid of rosacea again later.

LadyRae

A few doses of Ivermectin horse paste (%1.87) cleared up my rosacea considerably. I get little red bumps on my upper cheeks, alongside my nose, and on the bridge of my nose. Topical Clindamycin and niacinamide helped, too.

My quite mild rosacea was actually misdiagnosed as simple acne about a year ago. I've been using a tretinoin cream for almost a year and it has helped a lot but not with the little red bumps. For reference I am a 44 year old female with four children and I have been successfully getting on top of estrogen dominance by supplementing progesterone during my luteal phase, taking a calcium d-glucarate and dim supplement, vit E, K, magnesium and paying attention to cortisol and endotoxin built up as well. I also take T3 spread throughout the day, Georgie's product Tyronene.

The biggest factor was cleaning up my diet. I hate the term, clean eating, but it really is true in my case. I used activated charcoal few times a week while I was transitioning to a zero processed food diet. No grains, no alcohol, no beans... I had been using this peanut and a defatted almond protein powder and that was giving me bloat/gas which I know means endotoxin.

So now I'm eating lots of carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, beef liver, chicken and beef hearts, 93% fat free ground beef, pineapple, honeydew melon, and I've been making a hummus like smooth dip out of bamboo shoots. So, low-fermenting foods.

I will put an entire washed lemon into my Ninja blender and liquefy it and then drink it in a liter of water with some grape juice added. I'm also making mint tea from my garden with Rooibos.

At night before bed I take some cascara sangrada to keep things moving along. I walk about three or four miles a day with my dog, sometimes I'm swimming lately too. I lay in the Sun an hour or two each day and that seems to help.

I hope my experience can help someone else.

Z

Zsazsa

@LadyRae thanks for the thorough report. Rosacea is multifactorial after all. I also noted skin improvement from taking IVM, from changing my diet and from hormonal modulation. Perhaps the least helpful (with transient results) interventions were the ones prescribed by dermatologists, i.e. isotretinein, Accutane. Once I took an abx for something else and I noticed skin improvement (don't remember which one was).

SamYo123

A few doses of Ivermectin horse paste (%1.87) cleared up my rosacea considerably. I get little red bumps on my upper cheeks, alongside my nose, and on the bridge of my nose. Topical Clindamycin and niacinamide helped, too.

My quite mild rosacea was actually misdiagnosed as simple acne about a year ago. I've been using a tretinoin cream for almost a year and it has helped a lot but not with the little red bumps. For reference I am a 44 year old female with four children and I have been successfully getting on top of estrogen dominance by supplementing progesterone during my luteal phase, taking a calcium d-glucarate and dim supplement, vit E, K, magnesium and paying attention to cortisol and endotoxin built up as well. I also take T3 spread throughout the day, Georgie's product Tyronene.

The biggest factor was cleaning up my diet. I hate the term, clean eating, but it really is true in my case. I used activated charcoal few times a week while I was transitioning to a zero processed food diet. No grains, no alcohol, no beans... I had been using this peanut and a defatted almond protein powder and that was giving me bloat/gas which I know means endotoxin.

So now I'm eating lots of carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, beef liver, chicken and beef hearts, 93% fat free ground beef, pineapple, honeydew melon, and I've been making a hummus like smooth dip out of bamboo shoots. So, low-fermenting foods.

I will put an entire washed lemon into my Ninja blender and liquefy it and then drink it in a liter of water with some grape juice added. I'm also making mint tea from my garden with Rooibos.

At night before bed I take some cascara sangrada to keep things moving along. I walk about three or four miles a day with my dog, sometimes I'm swimming lately too. I lay in the Sun an hour or two each day and that seems to help.

I hope my experience can help someone else.
Things that make you gassy dont make you ***t?

RealNeat

AinmAnseo

I tried this and it burned my face, destroyed skin barrier and caused horrible pustules (demodex?) die-off. But seems to work well for some people.

I've had much better results with using a hypochlorous acid spray, very safe and effective for all sorts of skin inflammation. Rosacea likely stems from gut issues causing systemic inflammation, but it can be helpful to use topical anti-inflammatories to break the vicious cycle of skin inflammation. Raw honey, colloidal oatmeal and neem powder/oil has also helped me.
@Korven,
What is a hypochlorous acid spray?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals