Red meat indigestion

aniciete

Why would I unravel to be able to digest red meat? Stomach acid is the only thing I could think of but I can eat 2 pounds of chicken, fish, eggs, etc without this issue.

My symptoms from red meat are dandruff, poor sleep, scabs, dark circles, constipation, swollen tongue, etc. Beef is the absolute worst for me while wild game is a bit better but still struggle with these issues. Possibly the iron content?

Osukhan

any tick bites? my friend went through the same issue for almost a year and he ended up having the meat allergy from a tick bite

OP
aniciete

aniciete

any tick bites? my friend went through the same issue for almost a year and he ended up having the meat allergy from a tick bite
I got bitten by 3 ticks in 2018-2019. I also react to milk and dairy products. Chicken and seafood I have no problems with.

Why would I unravel to be able to digest red meat? Stomach acid is the only thing I could think of but I can eat 2 pounds of chicken, fish, eggs, etc without this issue.

My symptoms from red meat are dandruff, poor sleep, scabs, dark circles, constipation, swollen tongue, etc. Beef is the absolute worst for me while wild game is a bit better but still struggle with these issues. Possibly the iron content?
You could be allergic to beef or something beef is fed.

I am not sure about the probiotic rich food recommendation, but the ginger has worked well for me, as does a Mexican Coke, organic coffee or sugar and salt mixed in water. All four are great as a natural antihistamines.

“What are the home remedies for beef allergy?

However, if you come in contact with a trigger food, there are several steps you can take at home to get relief. For example, sipping ginger tea, eating probiotic-rich foods, and taking antihistamines can help ease the discomfort of a mild food allergy.”

youngsinatra

Very much the same. Red meat destroys my overall health and vitality. Used to tolerate it in high amounts, just a few years ago… Haven’t found out why yet.

I got bitten by 3 ticks in 2018-2019. I also react to milk and dairy products. Chicken and seafood I have no problems with.

““Alpha-gal syndrome is an important emerging public health problem, with potentially severe health impacts that can last a lifetime for some patients,” said Dr. Ann Carpenter, epidemiologist and lead author of one of the papers released today. “It’s critical for clinicians to be aware of AGS so they can properly evaluate, diagnose, and manage their patients and also educate them on tick-bite prevention to protect patients from developing this allergic condition.”

Alpha-gal is a sugar found in meat from mammals (pork, beef, rabbit, lamb, venison, etc.) and products made from mammals (e.g., gelatin, cow’s milk, milk products, some pharmaceuticals). AGS is a serious allergic condition some people experience after they consume food or products containing alpha-gal. Growing evidence suggests that AGS is primarily associated with the bite of a lone star tick in the United States, but other kinds of ticks have not been ruled out.”

OP
aniciete

aniciete

I am not sure about the probiotic rich food recommendation, but the ginger has worked well for me, as does a Mexican Coke, organic coffee or sugar and salt mixed in water. All four are great as a natural antihistamines.

“What are the home remedies for beef allergy?

However, if you come in contact with a trigger food, there are several steps you can take at home to get relief. For example, sipping ginger tea, eating probiotic-rich foods, and taking antihistamines can help ease the discomfort of a mild food allergy.”

““Alpha-gal syndrome is an important emerging public health problem, with potentially severe health impacts that can last a lifetime for some patients,” said Dr. Ann Carpenter, epidemiologist and lead author of one of the papers released today. “It’s critical for clinicians to be aware of AGS so they can properly evaluate, diagnose, and manage their patients and also educate them on tick-bite prevention to protect patients from developing this allergic condition.”

Alpha-gal is a sugar found in meat from mammals (pork, beef, rabbit, lamb, venison, etc.) and products made from mammals (e.g., gelatin, cow’s milk, milk products, some pharmaceuticals). AGS is a serious allergic condition some people experience after they consume food or products containing alpha-gal. Growing evidence suggests that AGS is primarily associated with the bite of a lone star tick in the United States, but other kinds of ticks have not been ruled out.”

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I never heard of alpha gal only up until a couple days ago. It’s a bit suspicious that it’s a “new issue”, wonder if vaccines have something to do with it.
Very much the same. Red meat destroys my overall health and vitality. Used to tolerate it in high amounts, just a few years ago… Haven’t found out why yet.
I used to eat 1+ pounds of beef a day with no adverse effects. I actually felt really good. For now I’m gonna stick with seafood and chicken because I feel incredible compared to beef, lamb, bison, elk etc.

maillol

Iron. Either your iron is just too high or it's feeding bacteria or candida.

youngsinatra

By the way, I get the same negative effect by taking any amount of supplemental zinc or eating just 1-2 oysters. (also very rich in zinc)

My ferritin is around 70-100 consistently. Serum zinc constantly at the maximum upper reference range, even though I haven’t eaten red meat for almost 1.5 years and try to restrict dietary zinc intake to 8-10mg per day. Serum zinc went above reference range when I tried to eat half pound of beef per day for a week at one point last year, when I was worried that I might got zinc deficient after I have abstained from it for so long.

I suspect there is something wrong with B6 metabolism going on.

Last edited:
OP
aniciete

aniciete

By the way, I get the same negative effect by taking any amount of supplemental zinc or eating just 1-2 oysters. (also very rich in zinc)

My ferritin is around 70-100 consistently. Serum zinc constantly at the maximum upper reference range, even though I haven’t eaten red meat for almost 1.5 years and try to restrict dietary zinc intake to 8-10mg per day. Serum zinc went above reference range when I tried to eat half pound of beef per day for a week at one point last year, when I was worried that I might got zinc deficient after I have abstained from it for so long.

I suspect there is something wrong with B6 metabolism going on.
My ferritin was 350 and after one donation it dropped to 150. Getting my ferritin down to below 100 never made a difference for me with my tolerance to red meat. My ceruoplasmin is always bottom of the range with red meat in my diet. I got it up to 27 at some point when my protein was only coming from cheese.

youngsinatra

My ferritin was 350 and after one donation it dropped to 150. Getting my ferritin down to below 100 never made a difference for me with my tolerance to red meat. My ceruoplasmin is always bottom of the range with red meat in my diet. I got it up to 27 at some point when my protein was only coming from cheese.
Wow, interesting! Yes my ceruloplasmin/copper is also at the lower end of normal.

Andy316

Same, red meat gives me instant dandruff. I get the same effect from full fat milk and coconut oil. Perhaps saturated fat feeding the Malassezia yeast.

peter88

Not sure if I have indigestion but red meat gives me dandruff and dark circles under my eyes. Really don’t know what to do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals