Red Light For Hair Regrowth

Progesterone

Yes, the kind from overmachogrande. I have stopped using it for a couple years and noticed some recession.

Same! I have the 400 diode one.

I used mine religiously from late 2014 to mid 2015.

Back on it as of today though. Should be interesting to see what happens.

OJ15

It all depends on the laser you're using. You need approx 3-6 joules of energy per treatment for it to be effective (or most effective).

The lasers I use, are 5 milliwatts per laser.

Yours are 20 milliwatts per laser, which is good for you as you have less lasers, and you are more quickly able to get the energy you need to your scalp (3-6 joules), since there's more wattage per laser.

See this note from OMG on using wattages over 10 though:

JUNE 29th, 2017: I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND higher than 5mW diodes for any devices used to treat hair or skin! It has been PROVEN that mammalian skin and hair are more prone to overstimulation with higher-than-5mW diodes, and plus you cut the time benefit of LLLT. These higher wattage diodes should be reserved for DEEPER TISSUE TREATMENTS. The only exception would be a handheld unit where you might want to increase your odds of remotely getting into the window of energy (because a standard laser brush takes something like 400 minutes to do that!), and I still don't recommend that whatsoever. Also, while 5mW diodes are "safe" for eyes, 10mW and up ARE NOT.

Anyway, so if I need to use a 400 laser (650nm) 5mW device for 20 minutes at a time to obtain 6 joules of energy; you should be fine with 5 mintues per session. Maybe a bit more, considering I am using 400diodes vs your 12. Apparently best to use it every other day, but always give yourself 24hrs rest in between uses.

Anyone know of studies describing these proven dangers?

I have the Red Light Man mini combo which uses 620, 670, 760, and 830 nm (Red-Infrared Combo Mini - Red Light Man). What would a safe/efficient dose be; 10-15 minutes @ 15-20 cm on scalp every other day?
Also, would the rays effectively penetrate the hair or should I buzz it for maximum impact (already considering it due to thinning)?

Luk3

Anyone know of studies describing these proven dangers?

I have the Red Light Man mini combo which uses 620, 670, 760, and 830 nm (Red-Infrared Combo Mini - Red Light Man). What would a safe/efficient dose be; 10-15 minutes @ 15-20 cm on scalp every other day?
Also, would the rays effectively penetrate the hair or should I buzz it for maximum impact (already considering it due to thinning)?
I was advised by redlightman to use the redlight mini for about 5 mins from 30cm from scalp, 4-6 times a week.

LukeL

I am selling my Over Macho Grande laser helmet for hair loss. DM me if you are interested 👍🏼

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals