Reading everyone's perspectives a stressful activity?

SamYo123

Anyone else find reading up so many peoples perspectives as stressful in general, in any topic of anything..? information overload?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Learning, I believe, is enjoyable.
However, once you identify with a concept, meaning it is your identity now, as in "people like me do and think this way and this makes us so special", then being exposed to opposite perspectives may be painful / stressful.
Does that make sense?

yerrag

Stressful when after reading a whole study you realize the only thing you did was to discover the many holes in that study.

And the holes were intentionally dug up so we would fall into their rabbit hole and get lost. Being lost in the journey to health is no picnic.

NatachaRose

It can definitely be overwhelming if you’re not used to it. And also reading/hearing so many different perspectives can be confusing especially if you’re new to the topic. Sometimes less is more but also knowledge and perspective are very important. You have to find a good balance. You cannot spend your life not learning or reading or listening to other people because you might end up crazy and dumb. We all need each other (including each other’s perspective) in order to advance.
When I feel overwhelmed I just stop reading/listening to new stuff and resume later when I feel more relaxed. We learn better in a relaxed state anyway.

Elie

Forum Supporter
I think Ray's approach would be paying close attention to different perspectives with discernment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals