Progesterone options

June

Can anyone share some progesterone options other than Progest-E or Progestene. Progest-E would not be a good option at the moment with my current bleeding issues, so I'm apprehensive to experiment with that. Was considering with Progestene but the DMSO worries me and don't think it will be a good fit or the alcohol. Read some not so great things about ONA's from here and someone mentioned using a cream from Source Naturals, but it has extra ingredients in it. Any other options? Maybe something with olive oil? My bleeding is caused by high prolactin and estrogen so I'm curious if using progesterone could possibly cause me to bleed more as it pushes estrogen out of my tissues. Very scared to try anything new. I'm currently using Vitex. It initially made me bleed worse but it's dying off. I noticed with a high dose, my ear starts ringing and my spine hurts. Must be the dopamine surge...or not. Thanks!

Anyone heard of this?

Last edited:
By bleeding do you mean that you clot with difficulty? Estrogen is generally a pro-clotting substance. Vitamin K2 can help with inappropriately large clotting times.

OP
J

June

By bleeding do you mean that you clot with difficulty? Estrogen is generally a pro-clotting substance. Vitamin K2 can help with inappropriately large clotting times.
Hi I meant, my menstrual period would come and then it never stops. I use an acupunture needle technique to stop it each time..and then give or take a week or two..bleeding shows up again and is profuse. This has been daily for past 6 years. (I've been paranoid of doctors after they put me in this position.) Sometimes it can take 2 weeks to build up to the profuse bleeding. I had a brain injury when I discontinued SSRIs/benzos about 9 years ago, so I think it's highly likely it's my prolactin that is causing this. This profuse bleeding didn't start till naturopath gave me glutathione. Glutathione raises prolactin at a certain dose. Old blood tests showed my prolactin was already sky high when I discontinued SSRIs 4 years prior to the glutathione mishap. And since prolactin is related to estrogen, I must have been estrogen dominant from birth control pills at that time, which I also discontinued. It's what I gathered but I wonder if glutathione could have also pushed estrogen from liver into my blood stream, making it more mobile. I tried K2 and K1 but it's not a clotting issue. It caused me to turn beet red with hot flashes and heart discomfort. I do have huge clots that come out that leads to liquid blood that gushes after it but when I took high dose Calcium D glucarate to detox estrogen metabolites, those clots dissolved and i was left with runny blood.

Logan-

Healthnatura sells progesterone, but I don’t know the ingredients.

GTW

Girlfriend at that time used NOW brand progesterone topical cream with good results for PMS.

margo

Can anyone share some progesterone options other than Progest-E or Progestene. Progest-E would not be a good option at the moment with my current bleeding issues, so I'm apprehensive to experiment with that. Was considering with Progestene but the DMSO worries me and don't think it will be a good fit or the alcohol. Read some not so great things about ONA's from here and someone mentioned using a cream from Source Naturals, but it has extra ingredients in it. Any other options? Maybe something with olive oil? My bleeding is caused by high prolactin and estrogen so I'm curious if using progesterone could possibly cause me to bleed more as it pushes estrogen out of my tissues. Very scared to try anything new. I'm currently using Vitex. It initially made me bleed worse but it's dying off. I noticed with a high dose, my ear starts ringing and my spine hurts. Must be the dopamine surge...or not. Thanks!

Anyone heard of this?

I use natpro. Very high quality. Ona also good but often out of stock

OP
J

June

Healthnatura sells progesterone, but I don’t know the ingredients.
I just realized they don't guarantee shipment arrival to Canada due to rejections =(

Girlfriend at that time used NOW brand progesterone topical cream with good results for PMS.
Is this it?

I wonder where their progesterone is sourced from. Wild yam? Synthetic?
I use natpro. Very high quality. Ona also good but often out of stock
I forgot about natpro. Im new to this progesterone business. What is "natural progesterone" usually made from? I read that Ona is a scam and that it's not effective. Have you tried it?

GTW

Natural Progesterone (USP Grade) on the ingredients list of NOW product.
Natural and USP together would seem to equate bioidentical as specified with other hormones as well. Many were and may still be derived from yam variety.
Note Prop 65 warning. To be considered in context.

margo

I just realized they don't guarantee shipment arrival to Canada due to rejections =(

Is this it?

I wonder where their progesterone is sourced from. Wild yam? Synthetic?

I forgot about natpro. Im new to this progesterone business. What is "natural progesterone" usually made from? I read that Ona is a scam and that it's not effective. Have you tried it?
No. But I bought a bottle recently and will try. I Know girls who use Ona and they say it’s ok. Depends what works for you. But as far as I know women absorb better 3% and 5%. Maybe those people saying it’s a scam were using 10%~ I know it’s very hard to absorb. Also you need to eat enough if you’re supplementing with prog. Very important to eat enough carbs and protein. And you need to eat a carby snack when taking the dose. Otherwise it’s not absorbed. Also has to have properly functioning detox pathways to get rid of estrogen. There have to be a lot of things in place regarding to minerals and nutrients for progest to work. Sometimes people blame the product too quickly. I did a full progest therapy and you need to research a lot if you wanna do it. It’s not so easy just to put a cream on. Also works better smaller dosages during the day. I used 400 twice a day and then swap to using it 6 times a day and it was a huge difference for me. If you need anything just ask

OP
J

June

Natural Progesterone (USP Grade) on the ingredients list of NOW product.
Natural and USP together would seem to equate bioidentical as specified with other hormones as well. Many were and may still be derived from yam variety.
Note Prop 65 warning. To be considered in context.

No. But I bought a bottle recently and will try. I Know girls who use Ona and they say it’s ok. Depends what works for you. But as far as I know women absorb better 3% and 5%. Maybe those people saying it’s a scam were using 10%~ I know it’s very hard to absorb. Also you need to eat enough if you’re supplementing with prog. Very important to eat enough carbs and protein. And you need to eat a carby snack when taking the dose. Otherwise it’s not absorbed. Also has to have properly functioning detox pathways to get rid of estrogen. There have to be a lot of things in place regarding to minerals and nutrients for progest to work. Sometimes people blame the product too quickly. I did a full progest therapy and you need to research a lot if you wanna do it. It’s not so easy just to put a cream on. Also works better smaller dosages during the day. I used 400 twice a day and then swap to using it 6 times a day and it was a huge difference for me. If you need anything just ask

Thank you! Does this look like a good product?

Amazon product ASIN B00EB0AQA4View: https://www.amazon.com/Smoky-Mountain-Naturals-LLC-Dermatologist-Tested/dp/B00EB0AQA4#immersive-view_1698493701200

OP
J

June

I personally wouldn’t buy it. I’ve been on forums when thousands of girls use cream and I’ve heard that Natpro and Ona is the best. I don’t trust other creams. But that’s me.
Thanks I will consider both of them. I have to ask. Is progesterone something that needs to be taken indefinitely? Can it actually create positive permanent changes and then it can be discontinued? Im just a bit iffy about using exogenous progesterone long term. I’d feel better knowing it is correcting a balance, rather than masking something.

OP
J

June

I hope you guys can help me with this but I tried Prometrium back in 2018 for my bleeding issue. It didn’t help and gave me hot flashes from hell. I notice it also is a micronized progesterone USP. How is it different from these above choices? I have PTSD to how I reacted to Prometrium. Granted I was poisoned by high dose estrogen/progestin birth control right before I took prometrium.

margo

Thanks I will consider both of them. I have to ask. Is progesterone something that needs to be taken indefinitely? Can it actually create positive permanent changes and then it can be discontinued? Im just a bit iffy about using exogenous progesterone long term. I’d feel better knowing it is correcting a balance, rather than masking something.
It depends how old are you. Many women after menopause take it everyday. If you’re fairly young you might not need it. Progesterone doesn’t have any sides effects and is very safe and supportive so you can use it if you need it. Depends on your symptoms

margo

I hope you guys can help me with this but I tried Prometrium back in 2018 for my bleeding issue. It didn’t help and gave me hot flashes from hell. I notice it also is a micronized progesterone USP. How is it different from these above choices? I have PTSD to how I reacted to Prometrium. Granted I was poisoned by high dose estrogen/progestin birth control right before I took prometrium.
You have to take high enough dose to avoid symptoms of estrogen dominance. Progest is removing your tissue estrogen. Go and research about proper progesterone therapy with high dosages. You’ll know how to do it.
Estrogen dominance support group on fb is very good. Girls will help you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals