Progest-e supplementation newb - surgery in 1 month.

sdcm90

33/f - with a history of PCOS and PMDD. I’ve recently stumbled upon Peat within the last month and have been incorporating ‘peaty’ things into my daily lifestyle.

I have very obvious signs of estrogen dominance and I just had extensive labs drawn a couple of days ago by my NP - she definitely thinks my hormones are off and also thinks my thyroid is off. The results are still pending but I went ahead and bought Progest-e and it’s being delivered today.

Two questions I’m needing advice on -

1. I’m due to start my period any day but I’m really wanting to start the progest-e so I can start getting some of this estrogen out and feel better. Should I absolutely avoid this and wait? If I do start - how would you recommend that I dose it?

2. I’m scheduled for a craniotomy on may 29th for superior semicircular dehiscence repair. I’m probably going to be on my cycle on that day and I would love to be able to delay or skip my cycle literally just this one time so I’m not having to deal with it in the hospital. Does anyone have any experience or guidance in regards to this?

grumpyblob

Progesterone can trick your body into thinking it's pregnant but it's hard to know exactly how it will affect each person. For example I had no estrogen detox but the progesterone (assuming it's taken after ovulation) does stop my cycle from starting until 3 days after I stop taking it.

I wouldn't take it now... I would wait till you ovulate and then take it through the 29th and see if that delays the cycle. That's the only way to stop it as far as I know, but unfortunately it will probably be your next cycle so no way to know for sure if it will work!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals