Low Toxin Diet Potassium Bicarbonate

mattmm24

What has everyone on here found to be the best potassium to supplement? I see potassium gluconate mentioned a lot. Does anyone take potassium bicarbonate? Seems like it is pretty hard to hit the RDA unless you really really try. I have been taking some potassium oratate lately, but the doses are so small.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am seeing potassium citrate (GMO Free) as the best and along with magneisum malate is a winning combination.

Deadpool

I am seeing potassium citrate (GMO Free) as the best and along with magneisum malate is a winning combination.
Thought G. smith was against citrate due to mould. I often use citrate myself because I found the other forms to be tough on me but I struggle with mould and am unsure of it

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thought G. smith was against citrate due to mould. I often use citrate myself because I found the other forms to be tough on me but I struggle with mould and am unsure of it
He is OK with NON GMO citrates.

youngsinatra

I have heard that citrate forms of minerals are one of the few that absorb even in low HCL conditions.

I find magnesium citrate good. Overdosed once on K citrate and ended in the ER (oops) but I was in a messed up state anyway. (fasting, exercising intensely, keto…)

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Does topical potassium actually work? Do you have any info I can read more about it?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I would go with chloride. Its cheap, 50/50 on Potassium and Chloride. Bicarbonate would be advisable to not take with food and for citrate and gluconate I dont know.
Chloride could even improve stomach acid if taken with a meal because of Chloride part in HCL.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Does topical potassium actually work? Do you have any info I can read more about it?
Potassium chloride topically seems to work good. I take potassium citrate internally.

Deadpool

Potassium chloride topically seems to work good. I take potassium citrate internally.
Why not potassium chloride internally? For me personally it seems to intensely irritate my intenstines.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why not potassium chloride internally? For me personally it seems to intensely irritate my intenstines.
Some people seem to get along with it. I just prefer the citrate version right now.

Morten

Forum Supporter
Do you mix those two?
And didnt you use the potassium chloride at one point....

Ashs

What has everyone on here found to be the best potassium to supplement? I see potassium gluconate mentioned a lot. Does anyone take potassium bicarbonate? Seems like it is pretty hard to hit the RDA unless you really really try. I have been taking some potassium oratate lately, but the doses are so small.
1 litre of coconut water will give you approx 4 grams of potassium.

Validus

I personally like to use potassium bicarbonate orally. It's elemental potassium content is very high and the taste isn't that bad.

OP
M

mattmm24

I would go with chloride. Its cheap, 50/50 on Potassium and Chloride. Bicarbonate would be advisable to not take with food and for citrate and gluconate I dont know.
Chloride could even improve stomach acid if taken with a meal because of Chloride part in HCL.
I tried bicarbonate and didn't really like it. No noticeable symptoms and it does help the alkalinity of the body. But like you said, it messes with stomach acid. I will probably just opt for food and then maybe some potassium chloride if I feel like I am lacking. I am trying to eat 6-9 cups of cooked vegetables every day so that should be plenty of potassium.

Nebula

I have heard that citrate forms of minerals are one of the few that absorb even in low HCL conditions.

I find magnesium citrate good. Overdosed once on K citrate and ended in the ER (oops) but I was in a messed up state anyway. (fasting, exercising intensely, keto…)
dang, that almost happened to me this weekend. I had been sipping on potassium citrate for a few days. Maybe a tsp or two total per day. Felt fantastic the first day. Euphoric while I was sitting in the morning sun. But intense anxiety attacks began a few days later. And continued until I drank maybe 6 glasses of water over a few hours.

Oops. What’s the correct way to supplement potassium? Because that sure wasn’t it. I think I was sipping too concentrated of a solution and probably should only take potassium with a meal with lots of carbs. Never on an empty stomach.

youngsinatra

dang, that almost happened to me this weekend. I had been sipping on potassium citrate for a few days. Maybe a tsp or two total per day. Felt fantastic the first day. Euphoric while I was sitting in the morning sun. But intense anxiety attacks began a few days later. And continued until I drank maybe 6 glasses of water over a few hours.

Oops. What’s the correct way to supplement potassium? Because that sure wasn’t it. I think I was sipping too concentrated of a solution and probably should only take potassium with a meal with lots of carbs. Never on an empty stomach.
I ended up in the E.R. after a flat small teaspoon of potassium citrate with some salt on an empty stomach. It was the closest thing to a near-death-experience that I ever experienced.

Never on an empty stomach. Always after food. I never took K supplements again but if I’d take it again I would likely keep it at max. 500mg elemental K per meal. I thinks Dr. Smith suggests no more than 2g of supplemental elemental K per day.

ddjd

Potassium citrate and magnesium glycinate I find best

Although I do also like magnesium malate

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals