Pituitary or not pituitary, that is the question (I think)...

Jessie

Again, just my 2 cents, but I think the diet is pretty good. Eggs, cheese, meat, potatoes, juice, and ice cream isn't bad. Only thing I would recommend adding is some liver. 4 ounces a week is good. I actually prefer eating 1 ounce a day, which is about the same as 4 ounces a week. The ice cream might be a little fattening, but other then that not really bad. Depending on the situation, I think people dealing with high prolactin might be better served by getting their calcium from non-dairy sources. But it's really just trial and error. Some bran might be useful for intestinal health.

OP
curious_anthro
I appreciate all of your inputs! It’s great to hear a variety of opinions, I welcome them all.

@Momma I am pretty sure I know the kind of approach you are advocating for and it’s valid. I think it’s hard to do that on your own - or at least for me it is. If I had the money/time I would work with someone who could help me restore from food alone. Perhaps one day. I know sometimes supplements are unhelpful “shortcuts” and I agree food is the best medicine there is. There is of course a long backstory to how I arrived here that hasn’t been mentioned.

Anything to bring even a small form of relief at this stage is worth it to me because I’m feeling pretty hopeless most days

OP
curious_anthro
Again, just my 2 cents, but I think the diet is pretty good. Eggs, cheese, meat, potatoes, juice, and ice cream isn't bad. Only thing I would recommend adding is some liver. 4 ounces a week is good. I actually prefer eating 1 ounce a day, which is about the same as 4 ounces a week. The ice cream might be a little fattening, but other then that not really bad. Depending on the situation, I think people dealing with high prolactin might be better served by getting their calcium from non-dairy sources. But it's really just trial and error. Some bran might be useful for intestinal health.
Unfortunately liver makes me break out badly as well 😭 oat bran increased constipation, even when soaked and cooked for ages. I admit I do need to try and include more calcium… eggshell powder gave me hypercalcemia symptoms. Literally feels like my body just rejects everything!

Jessie

Unfortunately liver makes me break out badly as well 😭 oat bran increased constipation, even when soaked and cooked for ages. I admit I do need to try and include more calcium… eggshell powder gave me hypercalcemia symptoms. Literally feels like my body just rejects everything!
The hypercalcemia could be caused by a lack of zinc as well, zinc is a calcium antagonist. Zinc is also important for releasing stored vit A (redsun mentioned this as well, I think). So I would probably just wait to see how zinc impacts you before making any dietary changes.

As for bran, I personally prefer wheat bran. It has less fermentable soluble fiber, and more unfermentable insoluble fiber. I remember an old pod on the herb doctor where Ray mentioned wheat bran was the only safe bran that reduced colon cancer. Not sure why he started using oat bran last year, unless it was just easier for him to find.

Jessie

The hypercalcemia could be caused by a lack of zinc as well, zinc is a calcium antagonist. Zinc is also important for releasing stored vit A (redsun mentioned this as well, I think). So I would probably just wait to see how zinc impacts you before making any dietary changes.

As for bran, I personally prefer wheat bran. It has less fermentable soluble fiber, and more unfermentable insoluble fiber. I remember an old pod on the herb doctor where Ray mentioned wheat bran was the only safe bran that reduced colon cancer. Not sure why he started using oat bran last year, unless it was just easier for him to find.
All-Bran could work as a cheap source of wheat bran that pretty much any store sells. However it is fortified, so depending on iron status you may want to pass on it. Personally I think iron is only an issue if you have heart disease or vit E deficient.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals