Only Consuming 2 Protein Soruces Daily Need More Ideas

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i wish i could get a2 milk but it not available in Canada that could be a staple in my diet.

lampofred

Milk is a lot easier to digest if you drink it boiling hot, at least in my experience. If milk works for you, then it is the ideal food to serve as a primary source of protein.

tara

Nathan told me to stay away from greek yogurt due to lactic acid.
I think this depends on the person. It is not a good one for me, but some people it seems to suit. If it is real Greek yogurt, quite a bit of the lactic acid should be strained out of it. Regular yogurt can be strained to remove a lot of the whey to get the same effect. I'd recommend trying a little and seeing if you feel good with it. If you like it and it feels good, you could have some now and then for variety, but I wouldn't recommend eating lots every day.

Gelatin is so difficult to do I had enough and will just use gycline.
Here's my method:
Mix ~ 1/2 cup gelatine + 1/4 cup sugar in a pot.
Add cold liquid - juice or the liquid from cooking stewed fruit. How much liquid depends how stiff you want your jelly. If you want it stiff enough to cut and eat pieces with your fingers, something like 500 - 700 ml. If you want it soft, to eat with a spoon, use morew liquid. Stir to mix, Then let it stand for a few minutes till the gelatine swells. (Mixing the sugar in first helps prevent the gelatine from clumping.)
Heat gently, stirring, till it all dissolves. If you've got stewed fruit solids to add, mix them in.
Pour into a dish.

I'm not against having a little glycine, but gelatine is more of a food, and you can use more of it to provide part of your protein needs.
i get free range eggs so the pufa content lower and when you cook it you destroy a bit of it.
I don't think the PUFA content is likely to be lower, or that cooking destroys any of it. I think it's OK to eat some eggs anyway - eg 1-2 a day is probably fine as part of your protein.
Potatos would be great but im trying to lose weight.
Some people lose weight eating potatoes.

Our ... capsule bottle
In general, I'd recommend food over isolated refined or manufactured chemicals.

Lurker

The FDA also notes that white albacore tuna has a higher mercury content than canned light tuna

According to Chris Kressor the high selenium in fish like Tuna is protective against the mercury. The bigger problem is trying to choke down dry tuna without mayonnaise.

Can you get canned oysters? They are pretty cheap and not that terrible mixed in some bone broth with spinach. I eat sardines the same way as well but others may disagree. I'm not a pufa nazi though. Pufa is in milk, eggs, chicken, pork, and beef as well.

Kang

In general, I'd recommend food over isolated refined or manufactured chemicals.

That's not much of an argument, in fact it's misleading and inaccurate.

Define the words; Isolated, refined, manufactured and chemicals.

Amino acids are not chemicals, they are compounds and are the basic building blocks of all proteins. Somehow this is bad when the food is not broken down in your stomach but in digester? Do you know if there is any significant difference?

Refined: "with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing." Again how is this different from refining coconut oil from a coconut? You get the benefits you cant get by rubbing a coconut on your skin.

Isolated: single. Some amino acids have medical or drug like effects taken alone or in conjunction with others or in certain ratios. Are you saying this is bad? When you need aspirin do you chew on white willow bark or grab a Bayer?

It is disappointing when people use words they do not define, to describe things they do not understand, while regurgitating unsupported dogma to illicit an emotional response. Sounds like religion.

noordinary

@biggirlkisss where in Canada r u?
I come up north to Vancouver, BC from time to time and always can find good milk in the grocery store in downtown.
A2 milk is simply milk produced by any other breed but holsteins, usually jerseys cows. If you looking for the milk to be labeled a2, i never seen such thing but one brand thats is “A2 milk” brand or smth.
No decent local farmer has Holsteins, just look for some local milk.
Check here as well:
https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/other-countries/

Kang

@biggirlkisss where in Canada r u?
I come up north to Vancouver, BC from time to time and always can find good milk in the grocery store in downtown.
A2 milk is simply milk produced by any other breed but holsteins, usually jerseys cows. If you looking for the milk to be labeled a2, i never seen such thing but one brand thats is “A2 milk” brand or smth.
No decent local farmer has Holsteins, just look for some local milk.
Check here as well:
https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/other-countries/

Some of the best milk I’ve ever had is in the sicamous area of BC. Gorts dairy farm. Amazing milk, cheese, quark, and yogurt. All year grass fed.

tara

That's not much of an argument, in fact it's misleading and inaccurate.
It's not an argument at all, and since it does not make claims of fact, it is neither accurate not inaccurate.
Whether it could be misleading probably depends on context and interpretation. If you read words that aren't there, it could well be misleading.

Define the words; Isolated, refined, manufactured and chemicals.
That looks like my kind of line. :)
I entirely agree with your definition of 'isolated' and 'refined', and that is exactly how I meant them. I quite agree about your examples of coconut oil, aspirin, etc.
I don't generally recommend anyone make highly refined coconut oil, sucrose and aspirin the staples of their diet, either.
Most of my diet is refined, if not isolated or manufactured, since I tend to eat things skinned, boned, peeled, and maybe seeded. Often further processed, too, by cooking and/or blending. Probably I could have qualified to a somewhat ambiguous "highly-refined", since most foods we eat are refined to some extent.
'Manufactured' would be made by humans. Eg commercial vit-C.
'Chemicals':
Amino acids are not chemicals, they are compounds and are the basic building blocks of all proteins.
I was probably using the term pretty loosely. I think some definitions of 'chemical' would say that any distinct compound, including distinct amino acids, were chemicals too. I know amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, but I would probably have called proteins chemicals too. Since you work in this field, I imagine your usage may be more current than mine. :)

Somehow this is bad when the food is not broken down in your stomach but in digester? Do you know if there is any significant difference?
I never said or meant it was bad.
IIRC, Peat referred to some research suggesting whole proteins were more readily digested than isolated amino acids (can't remember where). But I'm not assuming that's the whole story, and I am not opposed to appropriate use of isolated amino acids or combinations of them.

So while we're at it, defining:
'In general': for everybody all the time.

What I meant was that most of the time, for most people, choosing plants and animal products eaten either as they come or prepared according to long human food culture traditions is probably a pretty good place to start as a basis for most of our food (taking into account what we learn about the general pros and cons of particular foods, and about our own tastes and personal responses to foods, etc).

I wouldn't rule out the value of refined or isolated or manufactured chemicals or compounds for particular situations, and I don't assume they are all automatically bad or always to be avoided.
I use a number of refined, isolated, and manufactured substances myself from time to time, some quite regularly, and expect I will continue to do so.

I think the widespread degradation of the environment, soils and food supply and socio-economic system mean that it can often be hard to get really good nutrition from readily available food, so there is probably a place for some regular supplementation for many of us. Possibly your product would be a useful one for a number of people.
I do tend to think that usually*/in general* (note, this allows for exceptions), the more isolated chemicals/compounds are probably best treated as supplements to be added to a diet comprising food, rather than as something to replace the food altogether. I take the same attitude to coconut oil and highly-refined sucrose.

I've looked at the page for your product, and it interests me. I wouldn't rule out using it myself. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought it was bad.

In the OP's situation, my impression was that he had got into habits of quite a restrictive diet, and my guess would be that broadening it to include a wider range of foods might be helpful, and that that is probably not a bad place to start.

It is disappointing when people use words they do not define, to describe things they do not understand, while regurgitating unsupported dogma to illicit an emotional response. Sounds like religion.
I have reasons for the things I suggested, even if I didn't spell all of them out.
Calling something dogma seems like an emotive way of trying to discredit an idea you disagree with.

Kang

It's not an argument at all, and since it does not make claims of fact, it is neither accurate not inaccurate.
Whether it could be misleading probably depends on context and interpretation. If you read words that aren't there, it could well be misleading.

That looks like my kind of line. :)
I entirely agree with your definition of 'isolated' and 'refined', and that is exactly how I meant them. I quite agree about your examples of coconut oil, aspirin, etc.
I don't generally recommend anyone make highly refined coconut oil, sucrose and aspirin the staples of their diet, either.
Most of my diet is refined, if not isolated or manufactured, since I tend to eat things skinned, boned, peeled, and maybe seeded. Often further processed, too, by cooking and/or blending. Probably I could have qualified to a somewhat ambiguous "highly-refined", since most foods we eat are refined to some extent.
'Manufactured' would be made by humans. Eg commercial vit-C.
'Chemicals':

I was probably using the term pretty loosely. I think some definitions of 'chemical' would say that any distinct compound, including distinct amino acids, were chemicals too. I know amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, but I would probably have called proteins chemicals too. Since you work in this field, I imagine your usage may be more current than mine. :)

I never said or meant it was bad.
IIRC, Peat referred to some research suggesting whole proteins were more readily digested than isolated amino acids (can't remember where). But I'm not assuming that's the whole story, and I am not opposed to appropriate use of isolated amino acids or combinations of them.

So while we're at it, defining:
'In general': for everybody all the time.

What I meant was that most of the time, for most people, choosing plants and animal products eaten either as they come or prepared according to long human food culture traditions is probably a pretty good place to start as a basis for most of our food (taking into account what we learn about the general pros and cons of particular foods, and about our own tastes and personal responses to foods, etc).

I wouldn't rule out the value of refined or isolated or manufactured chemicals or compounds for particular situations, and I don't assume they are all automatically bad or always to be avoided.
I use a number of refined, isolated, and manufactured substances myself from time to time, some quite regularly, and expect I will continue to do so.

I think the widespread degradation of the environment, soils and food supply and socio-economic system mean that it can often be hard to get really good nutrition from readily available food, so there is probably a place for some regular supplementation for many of us. Possibly your product would be a useful one for a number of people.
I do tend to think that usually*/in general* (note, this allows for exceptions), the more isolated chemicals/compounds are probably best treated as supplements to be added to a diet comprising food, rather than as something to replace the food altogether. I take the same attitude to coconut oil and highly-refined sucrose.

I've looked at the page for your product, and it interests me. I wouldn't rule out using it myself. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought it was bad.

In the OP's situation, my impression was that he had got into habits of quite a restrictive diet, and my guess would be that broadening it to include a wider range of foods might be helpful, and that that is probably not a bad place to start.

I have reasons for the things I suggested, even if I didn't spell all of them out.
Calling something dogma seems like an emotive way of trying to discredit an idea you disagree with.

You're answer deserves respect, that is quit possibly the best answer I have read in a very long time. It is well thought out and well written, very clear, thank you. Yes even the spanking you gave me at the end. I mean that in a humorous manner not in a condescending one. Seriously, thank you for the time it took to write that.

I think pretty much across the board we agree, with the only possible exception being I need to understand further your concerns over refined coconut oil and sugar, and I think I would enjoy a discussion on the value of "...long human food culture traditions" and the consumption of plants.

Seriously, your answer made my day today - thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals