Only Consuming 2 Protein Soruces Daily Need More Ideas

biggirlkisss

only consuming 2 protein sources daily need more ideas I have free range eggs and bacon. I enjoy bacon a lot. I could also do chicken which gives me 3 protein sources. I have 550 a month for food. I can get whitefish but they are from cold waters that make them more unsaturated. Seafood is generally more expensive if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I like doing tuna but it too high in pufa. What if I had tuna with a lot of coconut oil?

tara

Depends what you have available and affordable locally, what you enjoy, and whether you have personal intolerances to anything. If these things work for you and are available/affordable, you can use them from time to time for variety:
  • Milk, cheese, farmers cheese, yogurt (these don't work for me, but they are great for some people)
  • Fish - if you can get non-oily fish, then there's not much fat in it, even if some of it's PUFA. I tend to look out for what's affordable every week or so.
  • Shell fish - oysters are too expensive where I am to eat regularly, but if you can manage a few occasionally, they give some good minerals as well as their protein. Other shell fish could be good too.
  • Liver - a serving once a week, or a smaller amount more often. Beef liver is low cost where I am.
  • Look out for soup bones - where I am, there are often beef bones available, and occasionally lamb or goat, that you can boil up for a good soup or stew with some vegetables. They're likely to have more collagen/gelatin than straight muscle meats. I get chicken frames, feet and necks from time to time for gelatinous stock for soups too.
  • I think some people make snacks out of crisped up pig skin, salted - I haven't done it, not sure of the method.
  • There are down sides to eating lots of muscle meats, but some now and then can be balanced with some gelatin. You can make jellies with fruit juice or stewed fruit and gelatin, which can give you a bit more protein. Some of us buy gelatin by the pound or kilo - much cheaper than getting little sachets.
  • Potatoes and other root veges can give you a little protein, as can fruit (but not all that much).

BingDing

I love bacon, too. In fact, pork is the only meat I crave at all; indeed, I recently bought a 1/4 of a pastured hog. But bacon is not high in protein per gm of food, it's high fat.

Tuna is not high in PUFAs, it's the same as cod which RP recommends. The knock on tuna is that the mercury in the food chain accumulates to the apex predator, the tuna. Google on it, there are ways around that problem.

Chicken eggs. Supplement with glycine and taurine, every gram helps.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

thanks tara and bingding... I'm thinking of just eating more tuna. Nathan told me to stay away from greek yogurt due to lactic acid. Im thinking eggs,chicken,liver,tuna,pork for my protein sources. Gelatin is so difficult to do I had enough and will just use gycline.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

The FDA also notes that white albacore tuna has a higher mercury content than canned light tuna

BingDing

Greek yogurt is strained, that is the yogurt RP recommends. Another cryptic message, IMO. I would judge adequate protein as much more important than minimizing lactic acid intake, which is a burden on the liver to clear it but otherwise is not a problem.

raypeatclips

Anything that isn't high in pufa. Pretty much rules out oily fish and chicken with skin.

Milk, cheese, yoghurt (any fat content) beef, lamb, tuna, skinless chicken, turkey, cod, prawns, mussels, eggs, bacon trimmed, pork trimmed.

Last edited:
OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

no i have tried l tyrosine and it gave me energy but also made me feel weird didnt like the feeling. I have not tried casein because it lacks calcium but would that be ok? I thought casein was more a emergency food. Gelatin is too much of a pain and expensive for me. I only have so much money. Potatos would be great but im trying to lose weight.

Kang

no i have tried l tyrosine and it gave me energy but also made me feel weird didnt like the feeling. I have not tried casein because it lacks calcium but would that be ok? I thought casein was more a emergency food. Gelatin is too much of a pain and expensive for me. I only have so much money. Potatos would be great but im trying to lose weight.

Tyrosine converts to adrenaline in the absence of sunlight - so energy + weird would make sense.
Naked casein is very high in calcium.
Gelatin is cheap in volume.
Our Amino Pro 1800 capsule bottle is about $0.67/ 6 cap serving.

How does it compare?

Egg is the best whole protein and we lose about 55% in the conversion process to ammonia. So 6 caps is just over 3 grams, and a whole egg is about 6 grams @45% protein retention so 6 caps is about one egg.

With Dairy we lose about 70% to ammonia.

Meat/fish/poultry we lose about 75%

Plant proteins we lose >85%

So using these examples 6 caps =

10g of usable dairy protein

12g of usable meat/fish/poultry

18g of usable plant protein

So what do those look like in serving sizes?

1.3 cups of skim milk

1.4 oz of rib eye no viable fat eaten

410g of cooked quinoa

Head to head comparison we are cheaper and non of the aminos we already get too much of. The reviews we've had are excellent for energy, mood, skin, libido, weight loss and more. But hey I'm biased and I use it every day.

johnwester130

a good snack meal

is jackson's tortilla chips
liver pate
cheese
fruit

ice cream for some egg protein

shellfish once a week or cod.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

thanks johnwester and others but the pricec of jackson tortillia chips i though the roof. Img oing to eggs,liver,chicken,pork,mussels

Kang

thanks johnwester and others but the pricec of jackson tortillia chips i though the roof. Img oing to eggs,liver,chicken,pork,mussels

If you're trying to lose weight chicken and pork are high in PUFA so that's not going to help.

If you're looking for value runs some numbers on gelatin, casein, liver, eggs, etc.

raypeatclips

If you're trying to lose weight chicken and pork are high in PUFA so that's not going to help.

If you're looking for value runs some numbers on gelatin, casein, liver, eggs, etc.

Many people lose weight eating chicken and pork in normal amounts in the diet. Fat free versions of both of them are fine. Using eggs in similar levels of protein have much higher PUFA levels.

Those foods are very orthorexic and can often more health problems themselves. Should be able to buy affordable meat and other whole food protein after a bit of research.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i get free range eggs so the pufa content lower and when you cook it you destroy a bit of it.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

will I dunn0 what else to do I mean I only have 500 for food then no other money and running out of money slowly. Need to work with what I have.