Only 22 - Hair Loss Panic

OP
D

Dhair

I think I'll start with a high-calorie Peat diet while supplementing vitamin k2 and d. I'll get labs too.

Would it be counterproductive to use minoxidil at the same time?

Amazoniac

Starting a high-calorie diet doesn't mean that you'll be improving the situation, you could increase the stress even further. I suggest looking for cellular stress and also the work of Hans Selye more than anything. You can measure your levels of inflammation in lab tests and start from there. Making sure you get adequate nutrition, because excess of any nutrition is stressful too; their balance is very important.
Send a PM to (member) pboy that maybe he replies to you on how to deal with lifestyle factors that are detrimental to health..

jimmyquick

Dhair said:
jimmyquick said:
Get your 24 hour cortisol tested.

My hair grew back when my cortisol levels came back down to normal.

How much had you lost?

About half of what I had. It was incredibly thick and use to have to get it thinned out at the barber shop. Most of what was lost was diffused thinning. I went from getting it cut once a month to once every 3 months.

I got very stressed mainly from going low carb which lead to underrating, panic attacks, and so forth. it was coming out by the fist full in the course of about a year. Massive diffused thinning first, then I started losing the front hairline and temples to the point where people would comment on it and it was quite noticeable. But now only I can can tell if I look up close. Its still a little thing but a lot has grown back. It seems like its taken the exact same time to recover it from the same time it starting falling out.

100% sure it was from stress. The similarities between others who I have talked to about growing theirs back seems to be they no longer feel stress. I can attest to this as well. I don't buy into the comments that its just hair. I took it very seriously. If it's falling out there is something seriously hormonal going on and your body is under some serious stress. I believe Tara pointed this out once before and I tend to agree, I think loss of hair is a survival mechanism. I always found it strange that its not normal for women to lose hair but for guys its chalked to go genetics.

Thyroid and liver function seem to be crucial factors so I do everything I can (diet & exercise) to make sure they function optimally. You can def tell a difference when you get it right. Life is fun again, things are easy, nothing bothers you, and you fall asleep very quickly. I cant even remember the last time I was stressed or have worried about something. It was the complete opposite for me when my hair was coming out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals