Low Toxin Studies Nikola Tesla on coffee

mosaic01

“I was strongly addicted to coffee, with the result that my heart was subjected to a dangerous over-strain. It took me eleven years to vanquish my craving for this pernicious drink. The cure cost me a good deal of money. For eleven years I had the finest coffee prepared for me at my table every day, and never touched a drop. Its presence aroused my powers of resistance. If it had not been there I would have suffered from the craving. I, at least, have found coffee and tea rank poisons.” - Nikola Tesla

Source: Nikola Tesla's Youth and Strength at 78 from the Tesla Universe Article Collection

There are other quotes from his autobiography discussing this as well:

"Long ago I suffered from heart trouble until I discovered that it was due to the innocent cup of coffee I consumed every morning. I discontinued at once, tho I confess it was not an easy task. In this way I checked and bridled other habits and passions and have not only preserved my life but derived an immense amount of satisfaction from what most men would consider privation and sacrifice."

"Even among those who exercise care it is a common mistake to avoid imaginary, and ignore the real dangers. And what is true of an individual also applies, more or less, to a people as a whole. Witness, in illustration, the prohibition movement. A drastic, if not unconstitutional, measure is now being put thru in this country to prevent the consumption of alcohol and yet it is a positive fact that coffee, tea, tobacco, chewing gum and other stimulants, which are freely indulged in even at the tender age, are vastly more injurious to the national body, judging from the number of those who succumb. So, for instance, during my student years I gathered from the published necrologues in Vienna, the home of coffee drinkers, that deaths from heart trouble sometimes reached sixty-seven per cent of the total. Similar observations might probably be made in cities where the consumption of tea is excessive. These delicious beverages superexcite and gradually exhaust the fine fibers of the brain."

Last edited:

kYgirl

I am having a hard time finding a replacement for my decaf coffee and tea. I NEED a warm comforting beverage to drink. Cocoa is out also. I tried one of those roasted barley drinks that is supposed be a replacement for coffee but had issues immediately. Does anyone have any ideas? There has to be something more than water.

Peater

I am having a hard time finding a replacement for my decaf coffee and tea. I NEED a warm comforting beverage to drink. Cocoa is out also. I tried one of those roasted barley drinks that is supposed be a replacement for coffee but had issues immediately. Does anyone have any ideas? There has to be something more than water.
Roobios tea?

kYgirl

Roobios tea?
Well, I’ve read that teas really aren’t good for you either. I don’t know if that applies to all tea. I wonder if instant coffee would be ok? The soluble and volatile compounds are extracted from the beans.

Overton

Plain hot water gives some of that comforting warmth, and with salt can help stimulate digestion

OP
M

mosaic01

I agree Tesla was controlled by forces he could not understand, he was a vessel used to bring a lot of knowledge into the world to move the world in a certain direction (transhumanism). The knowledge he brought helped change the course of humanity into a downward spiral of devolution. He received actual visions of the future (our present times) he was made to help manifest.

Plus he played around with insane amounts of electricity, which likely fried his brain.

A lot of his beliefs were not uncommon for the scientific elite of the early 20th century, including materialism and eugenics. It shows how absorbed he was with the mainstream views of human nature and the world, and going one step further, dreaming of the mechanic and soulless world we now find ourselves in.

FitnessMike

Didn't work for him, you don't expect everyone to have his experience?

OP
M

mosaic01

What fascinates me is how closely coffee seems to be related to the upheavals of the 20th century:

"The heyday of the coffee house was the turn of the nineteenth century when writers like Peter Altenberg, Alfred Polgar, Egon Friedell, Karl Kraus, Hermann Broch and Friedrich Torberg made them their preferred place of work and pleasure. Many famous artists, scientists, and politicians of the period such as Arthur Schnitzler, Stefan Zweig, Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Adolf Loos, Theodor Herzl, and Alfred Adler.[15] Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Leon Trotsky and Josip Broz Tito were all living in Vienna in 1913, and they were constant coffee house patrons."

The same happened more than 100 years before during the time of the French Revolution.

"Few scholars study, in any detail, the connection between the café and the French Revolution. Author Woodruff Smith, in one work, points out many reasons why these establishments were so popular, particularly at the end of the eighteenth century, while in another he explains why the beverage offered in the café, namely coffee, was the driving force behind the Revolution."

"From the Ottoman Empire to England, the United States to France, coffeehouses led to a meeting of the minds that inspired new waves of thought."

Didn't work for him, you don't expect everyone to have his experience?

There's nothing that gives everyone the same experience. But there's a lot of anecdotal evidence via r/decaf that quitting coffee and all caffeine often leads to miraculous improvements.

Brundle

You could try hot water with a slice of lemon and a couple of teaspoons of honey. It's like lemon tea, but without the tea.

kYgirl

You could try hot water with a slice of lemon and a couple of teaspoons of honey. It's like lemon tea, but without the tea.
I could. I'm really more of a rich and creamy beverage person 🤷‍♂️ That is comforting to me.

Ideonaut

“I was strongly addicted to coffee, with the result that my heart was subjected to a dangerous over-strain. It took me eleven years to vanquish my craving for this pernicious drink. The cure cost me a good deal of money. For eleven years I had the finest coffee prepared for me at my table every day, and never touched a drop. Its presence aroused my powers of resistance. If it had not been there I would have suffered from the craving. I, at least, have found coffee and tea rank poisons.” - Nikola Tesla

Source: Nikola Tesla's Youth and Strength at 78 from the Tesla Universe Article Collection

There are other quotes from his autobiography discussing this as well:

"Long ago I suffered from heart trouble until I discovered that it was due to the innocent cup of coffee I consumed every morning. I discontinued at once, tho I confess it was not an easy task. In this way I checked and bridled other habits and passions and have not only preserved my life but derived an immense amount of satisfaction from what most men would consider privation and sacrifice."

"Even among those who exercise care it is a common mistake to avoid imaginary, and ignore the real dangers. And what is true of an individual also applies, more or less, to a people as a whole. Witness, in illustration, the prohibition movement. A drastic, if not unconstitutional, measure is now being put thru in this country to prevent the consumption of alcohol and yet it is a positive fact that coffee, tea, tobacco, chewing gum and other stimulants, which are freely indulged in even at the tender age, are vastly more injurious to the national body, judging from the number of those who succumb. So, for instance, during my student years I gathered from the published necrologues in Vienna, the home of coffee drinkers, that deaths from heart trouble sometimes reached sixty-seven per cent of the total. Similar observations might probably be made in cities where the consumption of tea is excessive. These delicious beverages superexcite and gradually exhaust the fine fibers of the brain."
what autobiography? I don't think he wrote one.

3apples555

Bone broth or chamomile tea.

belcanto

Perhaps broth?

Nik665

Dandy blend

BRMarshall

hot water and milk...sugar if you want

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Bliss

I could. I'm really more of a rich and creamy beverage person 🤷‍♂️ That is comforting to me.
I have been enjoying a mineral concentrate, also available from iherb. Tastes rich and creamy to me, even without milk. Is an extract from goat’s whey so may have traces of whey and therefore vit A… but I react noticeably to goat’s cheese and not to this so I don’t think there can be significant contamination.

Last edited:

kYgirl

I have been enjoying a mineral concentrate, also available from iherb. Tastes rich and creamy to me, even without milk. Is an extract from goat’s whey so may have traces of whey and therefore vit A… but I react noticeably to goat’s cheese and not to this so I don’t think there can be significant contamination.
This concentrate is interesting, but I am trying not to drink anything with VA. So not sure about it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals